Kevon Seymour's potential in McDermott scheme

why is his 4.39 speed so important to say he is a good player to contend to a pro bowl player?

Funny I dont remember every calling Seymore a pro bowl player

come to think of it I didnt even call him a good player

what is important is if he can play football.....I thought his tackling needed some work but he appears to have every physical tool

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't go off of numbers alone. I watch him play. He is not a game speed guy in the pads. Gilmore didn't have to be because he stayed on his man. Say, better than cromartie. When cromartie made an error, which he did more than Gilmore, he lost speed to correct himself which is why he fell off. But, cromartie ran fast in a 40?

Seymour is a corner who isn't ideal as of right now for zone. He doesn't have closing speed and did not display the awareness to supercede his poor reactions. The game was simply too fast for him.

He will get tore up by vets who will pick him apart. Brady, breeds, Ryan, newton and even Winston are good at selling reads. 2017 without Gilly is gonna suck.

But yeah. I'm a troll. This troll can go on if you'd like, but I want to make sure its worth my time to hold class."

Class.. interesting word choice.

Your bravado is staggering.

4.3 = Fast. Simple

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

I don't go off of numbers alone. I watch him play. He is not a game speed guy in the pads. Gilmore didn't have to be because he stayed on his man. Say, better than cromartie. When cromartie made an error, which he did more than Gilmore, he lost speed to correct himself which is why he fell off. But, cromartie ran fast in a 40?

Seymour is a corner who isn't ideal as of right now for zone. He doesn't have closing speed and did not display the awareness to supercede his poor reactions. The game was simply too fast for him.

He will get tore up by vets who will pick him apart. Brady, breeds, Ryan, newton and even Winston are good at selling reads. 2017 without Gilly is gonna suck.

But yeah. I'm a troll. This troll can go on if you'd like, but I want to make sure its worth my time to hold class."

Class.. interesting word choice.

Your bravado is staggering.

4.3 = Fast. Simple

i can back it up though, which is the fun part. but no one likes to talk x's and o's often.

i can back it up though, which is the fun part. but no one likes to talk x's and o's often.

i like you boyst - im pretty sure you know that -- but the 4.2 and 4.3 comments were a bit much.

the revision to talk game speed might have fixed it, but i wouldnt dig in on the clocked time comment, because its a simple data pull and sub 4.3 is VERY RARE.

i like you boyst - im pretty sure you know that -- but the 4.2 and 4.3 comments were a bit much.

the revision to talk game speed might have fixed it, but i wouldnt dig in on the clocked time comment, because its a simple data pull and sub 4.3 is VERY RARE.

fair enough but I still don't think 4.3 is super fast because there is track speed and football speed. Seymour seems to lack football soeed

Define football speed and how exactly it is measured.

the ability to move in full pads in natural environments in which the game in played with the proper angles to maximize their production. It may include moving though traffic and coverages.

It is defined by experience of watching.

Seldom should we worry that a corner can flat out run from a to b. This would be a bad play.

the ability to move in full pads in natural environments in which the game in played with the proper angles to maximize their production. It may include moving though traffic and coverages.

Seldom should we worry that a corner can flat out run from a to b. This would be a bad play.

Well I have 57 years experience watching football and I don't agree with your view. Subjective assessments are just that.

Boyst....you dont like to talk x's and o's much....that is on you.

Your wrong here....it happens....take your lumps and call it a day.....still like you.... :)

This is actually not what football speed means

football speed means that a player is a certain fast when they are in full gear as opposed to what they are out of full gear.

What people dont understand that whats makes players football fast and not track athlete fast is understanding of route tree concepts and the proper steps to COVER those route trees.....and instincts on when to do what (which frankly is hard to coach...that you either have a nose for the ball or you dont)

There is NOTHING to indicate that Seymore is deficient in those areas....I thought he missed some tackles he should have made (as a rookie....you know they dont come off the college school bus ready to compete with seasoned NFL players most of the time right)

Is patrick peterson slow? or a bad football player? because in his rookie year he did NOT look very good.

Edited by John from Hemet

Well I have 57 years experience watching football and I don't agree with your view. Subjective assessments are just that.

what do you see with him as analysis? Being new here I don't have knowledge not what ya think

Boyst....you dont like to talk x's and o's much....that is on you.

Your wrong here....it happens....take your lumps and call it a day.....still like you.... :)

This is actually not what football speed means

football speed means that a player is a certain fast when they are in full gear as opposed to what they are out of full gear.

What people dont understand that whats makes players football fast and not track athlete fast is understanding of route tree concepts and the proper steps to COVER those route trees.....and instincts on when to do what (which frankly is hard to coach...that you either have a nose for the ball or you dont)

There is NOTHING to indicate that Seymore is deficient in those areas....I thought he missed some tackles he should have made (as a rookie....you know they dont come off the college school bus ready to compete with seasoned NFL players most of the time right)

Is patrick peterson slow? or a bad football player? because in his rookie year he did NOT look very good.

yes I do. When someone can disciss X's and O's.

And it's you're.

I didn't read the second part

Define football speed and how exactly it is measured.

More importantly, 4.3 measures track speed, and it IS fast. That's a fact. I get there is a difference between track speed and football speed, but just separate them to make a coherent argument. You have to, because arguing 4.3 isn't fast undermines credibility. Now, I'm done and no more piling on.

More importantly, 4.3 measures track speed, and it IS fast. That's a fact. I get there is a difference between track speed and football speed, but just separate them to make a coherent argument. You have to, because arguing 4.3 isn't fast undermines credibility. Now, I'm done and no more piling on.

Yup- I'd be curious if JB thinks he's slow on the field based on actual physical speed or reaction time or...

4.3 but always one step late out of the blocks turns into 4.5 fast. Likewise a guy that just isn't agile or can't carry his pads well can lose those those razor thin margins too.

Byrd was a great example of always having a good head for the game and that making up for poor clocked speed.

Seymour as a rookie might look slow simply because he's thinking instead of going.

Edited by NoSaint

Yup- I'd be curious if JB thinks he's slow on the field based on actual physical speed or reaction time or...

4.3 but always one step late out of the blocks turns into 4.5 fast. Likewise a guy that just isn't agile or can't carry his pads well can lose those those razor thin margins too.

Byrd was a great example of always having a good head for the game and that making up for poor clocked speed.

Seymour as a rookie might look slow simply because he's thinking instead of going.

he isn't quick to react. he just seems to be lead off by qbs too easily and cannot recover. he may be fast to get there but he is too far away to make all that speed worth anything.

he is marquise goodwin or tj graham for db's.

that's a snapshot of it because i'm tired but, yeah. he's just slow to move in football terms to get where he needs to be and slow to recover from his mistakes.