WGR Draft Roundtable Today Noon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fix'd assuming you're chiming in on the Ragland/Dak talk

Fixed or adjusted to fit your perspective rather than mine?

If you want a QB then get him. It's way more important to come out with your preferred QB prospect than to get "draft value" in my opinion because the importance of the position towers over everything else. I'd gladly trade 3 quality LBs for one quality QB. We screwed ourselves with the Ragland trade costing us our preferred quarterback.

Fixed or adjusted to fit your perspective rather than mine?

If you want a QB then get him. It's way more important to come out with your preferred QB prospect than to get "draft value" in my opinion because the importance of the position towers over everything else. I'd gladly trade 3 quality LBs for one quality QB. We screwed ourselves with the Ragland trade costing us our preferred quarterback.

My perspective? No, that would be Buffalo's grades. You don't trade up in rd 2 for a prospect you have a 4th round grade on no matter their position. Sometimes you do for someone you thought would have gone in the 1st round though.

My perspective? No, that would be Buffalo's grades. You don't trade up in rd 2 for a prospect you have a 4th round grade on no matter their position. Sometimes you do for someone you thought would have gone in the 1st round though.

I'll put it this way.

If we both GM'ed expansion teams and you insisted on only drafting QBs at the exact spot your scouts graded them, while I insisted on simply getting the quarterback my scouts like best, I am coming away with higher-graded prospects than you are. Assuming our scouting is equal I will logically find a FQB sooner than you will.

So last year we should have taken....? In the 1st round? I wish we had taken Dak in the 4th instead of trading the pick away but that has nothing to do with a strategy of taking QBs early. The 2 QBs off the board first last year were awful, well Wentz was good for 4 weeks and then started throwing the ball like he was EJ Manuel.

its the whole hindsight thing

Last year we were coming off a year where TT won the job in a 3 qb competition....went to the pro bowl....was ESPNs top free agent aquistion of the year.......we had RR and we were trying to fix a defense that let us down the year prior

Sure.....we take a qb in the first round...that makes a TON of sense

Dak wouldn't have played until 4th qtr of the jets game and looked about the same as Cardale. We should have taken Cardale, they'd be saying now.

They should have prioritized quarterback and gotten the one they had graded higher, reportedly Dak. The problem is not scouting, it's the passive approach to the most important position.

Dak wouldn't have played until 4th qtr of the jets game and looked about the same as Cardale. We should have taken Cardale, they'd be saying now.

Dak looked incredible the moment he touched down in Dallas. The Dallas coaches realized before the season started that they had struck gold.

I believe we would have selected Dak over C. Jones

Would still like to know where the 3 picks comes from for inside backer comes from

2nd round pick, 4th round pick, 4th round pick traded for a 2nd round pick we used on Ragland.

That's 3 picks on an inside linebacker that people had questions if he was a 3 down player. Awful draft management.

When they had just given a qb a large contract to be the starter

How many NFL teams actually do that?

The Tyrod contract had a 1 year out. The Bills did not believe Tyrod was franchise before last year's draft.