Marco Garcia grew up idolizing Jim Kelly

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19144594/second-year-professional-football-league-lfa-tries-gain-foothold-mexico-large-nfl-fan-base

In Kelly's honor, Garcia wears No. 12 as the starting quarterback for the Mexico City Mayas, defending champions of the second-year Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional (LFA). Someday players might wear No. 12 in honor of Garcia, the league's MVP in last year's inaugural season.

Great guy, I didn´t know he was a JK fan. I chose to follow the Mayas as my team in the LFA because theres no team in Cancun yet (I hope we are next) but I was sure Marco used #12 because of Brady and I didn´t like that, now that I know it is for Jim I will cheer for him even more.
He has been the best QB in the league these 2 years, they are poised to have back to back championships.

Now there's the NFL's market for a spring league on the same continent. NFL Mexico.

What ever happened to the spring league that was supposed to kick off this april?

I think it is a good oportunity for veteran players and it will be very nice to have a team in Mexico.

Interesting story. Good find.

There's something admirable and pure about these guys playing for the love of the game rather than the fame & money.

Edited by hondo in seattle