If gender is so fluid...

...then why, every time I see the children's cancer commercials, do I see them go out of their way to portray girls...as girls? They give them head-bands with flowers or something similar. It must be tough to be a girl, and have no hair, and look exactly like the boys with cancer do. The whole thing is a crying shame of course(and this is not a discussion that requires reminding that cancer == bad, or any emoting that comes with that)

However, putting aside the emotional for a second, and looking objectively at behavior, it seems there is always a serious effort to show a girl, as one.

Next questions: is it that the girl with cancer wants the headband? Or, is it the parents/hospital staff's idea? Or both?

In all cases, do enough image searches and you'll see that near-100% effort is made to distinguish a girls as girls, and making them feel "pretty". That's some heavy-duty psychological needs being met.

Thus, when one adds the massive condition of cancer: there's no room left in the logic for gender confusion or, or much of anything else.

If that is so, then the notion that genders are fluid, simply can't be right, because, for it to be valid, it must be true for all. It isn't true for children with cancer, clearly. Next, I wonder if there is a lot of gender confusion amongst the illegal children trying to cross our southern border? How about amongst the children being attacked in Syria?

No. It seems the only place gender fluidity amongst children resides...is nice, safe spaces, where there's room for it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Interesting angle,

But you just think "oh geez another person yakking on an on and I don't want to hear their twisted views" as you smile and nod and look for the quickest exit possibly from them.

Yup. Interesting angle, But you just think "oh geez another person yakking on an on and I don't want to hear their twisted views" as you smile and nod and look for the quickest exit possibly from them.

Right, and the quickest exit is of course, writing a post.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

People are born with all sorts of defects. People born with both genitalia or the wrong genitalia. It's not that big a of a stretch that people's brains are screwy. If they aren't hurting anyone it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think there isn't gender confusion among immigrants or people that are refugees?? How many of them have you hung out with? You think the girls get all prettied up to cross the border?

They probably just kill all the gender confused people in those immigrant countries.

People are born with all sorts of defects. People born with both genitalia or the wrong genitalia. It's not that big a of a stretch that people's brains are screwy. If they aren't hurting anyone it's all good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they kill themselves at astronomically high rates? "All good?"

...then why, every time I see the children's cancer commercials, do I see them go out of their way to portray girls...as girls? They give them head-bands with flowers or something similar. It must be tough to be a girl, and have no hair, and look exactly like the boys with cancer do. The whole thing is a crying shame of course(and this is not a discussion that requires reminding that cancer == bad, or any emoting that comes with that)

However, putting aside the emotional for a second, and looking objectively at behavior, it seems there is always a serious effort to show a girl, as one.

Next questions: is it that the girl with cancer wants the headband? Or, is it the parents/hospital staff's idea? Or both?

In all cases, do enough image searches and you'll see that near-100% effort is made to distinguish a girls as girls, and making them feel "pretty". That's some heavy-duty psychological needs being met.

Thus, when one adds the massive condition of cancer: there's no room left in the logic for gender confusion or, or much of anything else.

If that is so, then the notion that genders are fluid, simply can't be right, because, for it to be valid, it must be true for all. It isn't true for children with cancer, clearly. Next, I wonder if there is a lot of gender confusion amongst the illegal children trying to cross our southern border? How about amongst the children being attacked in Syria?

No. It seems the only place gender fluidity amongst children resides...is nice, safe spaces, where there's room for it.

I think the term "gender fluidity," in itself, may be inaccurate. I don't know too many GLBGQXYZ's that just woke up one morning and decided to shift genders. Most of these folks, as far as I can gather, felt "confused" about their gender from a very early age. That is to assume, however, that the etiology of gender identity is always endogenic in nature. Which I am not entirely convinced that it is.

People are born with all sorts of defects. People born with both genitalia or the wrong genitalia. It's not that big a of a stretch that people's brains are screwy. If they aren't hurting anyone it's all good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they kill themselves at astronomically high rates? "All good?"

Obviously not.

I believe this is exactly correct. The importance of gender fluidity tends to wither under the weight and magnitude of something like childhood cancer.

I believe this is exactly correct. The importance of gender fluidity tends to wither under the weight and magnitude of something like childhood cancer.

But how is that possible? IF gender confusion, let's call it, is such an all-encompassing issue, how is it possible that it is ignored by kids: who have cancer, who are trying to cross to border to catch up with their mom, or Syrian refugees.

We have been told that this is such an important issue, that bathroom policy must change, as well as a host of other things. We have a college kid in Michigan whose pronouns are now "Your majesty, His majesty", etc. (EDIT: I will never tire of laughing at that. Look it up. It's real.)

How can it be such a huge deal, yet be totally ignored by people who have actual huge deals going on their lives?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

How can it be such a huge deal, yet be totally ignored by people who have actual huge deals going on their lives?

Because nothing will expose a fake crisis quite like a real crisis will.

By the way, the "His Majesty" kid was mentioned in the PC/snowflake thread a couple months ago. I still get a chuckle out of that one as well.

Edited by Azalin