I do not trade out of #10 if this guy is still there, is...

Ball velocity just started to get measured in 2008. So no. Here is a spreadsheet that has every year but I can't vouch for the accuracy of it all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/htmlview?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true&sle=true#

Brian Brohm came in second only to Luck on film study grade. It really is a crap shoot.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty subjective. I don't think the case is closed but we have almost a decade now and there is no success for any QB in the last decade who threw 53 or below unless you count Taylor as a success.

Nobody on that list had a college career or college game film like DeShaun Watson has. He will blow this particular "trend" to pieces. I don't have a single doubt in my mind about that.

My rule is much simpler. Film > Everything else.

Edited by GunnerBill

Nobody on that list had a college career or college game film like DeShaun Watson has. He will blow this particular "trend" to pieces. I don't have a single doubt in my mind about that.

My rule is much simpler. Film > Everything else.

That would be great. I'd love for one player to force a lot of people to rethink their methods.

My belief in this extends beyond the numbers nerds. I was told by people that coach in college football that Watson struggles throwing the ball, that it flutters before the combine. When those numbers came back I was convinced that they were right.

Hey metz, how many "complete studs" have the Bills drafted at, or even before #10? Please, ya know?

And as for "exciting" picks, that got us the big time stud CJ Spiller. You remember the 2,000 yard man, and how excited he was going to make us?

Wrt the OL, we can just agree to disagree. I think Tyrod saves them from looking a lot worse, and even at that they are very thin. I will grant you that there is no totally horrible player such as Greg Jerman or Terrance Pennington on this OL, but aside from Glenn none are all that good, and Mills is pretty bad.

Do you happen to know how Trent Edwards scored?

Richie Incognito isn't "all that good?" John Miller isn't "all that good?" Compared to who? See, they got you too. Oh well. Edited by metzelaars_lives

All I know is the guy we pick has to be a hit, we can not have another top draft pick on the shelf all season long, time to get impact starters. I like the fact that they are looking at all the QB's, it shows they actually care about the most important position in football. If they like a certain QB I'm all for it, at least they are trying there. I don't really have a preference, they could go many ways and I'd be good with it.

All I know is the guy we pick has to be a hit, we can not have another top draft pick on the shelf all season long, time to get impact starters. I like the fact that they are looking at all the QB's, it shows they actually care about the most important position in football. If they like a certain QB I'm all for it, at least they are trying there. I don't really have a preference, they could go many ways and I'd be good with it.

Funny thing is - if the Bills draft a QB at #10, that QB will likely be 'on the shelf' all season long!