Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

18 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Blackrock is gaining traction in their bid for the first approved crypto ETF.  The SEC has rejected all applications for crypto ETFs citing a number of arguments the most compelling of which, in my opinion, is crypto exchanges are not regulated.  But Blackrock has a long history of successfully navigating the SEC and obtaining approval.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/29/fidelity-joins-the-rush-for-a-bitcoin-etf-following-blackrock-ark-invest-and-others.html

https://www.ft.com/content/1886c3a3-3fb8-411a-b95a-e4667de560d1

This is potentially big for the crypto world and opens the door for many investors who want exposure to crypto without dealing with the complication of owning coin and private keys.  Its also very good news for me since I hold a little bit of Grayscale Bitcoin Trust which filed for ETF conversion years ago and has been suing the SEC.  GBTC trades at a discount to net asset value (NAV) of about 30% as of yesterday.  It was closer to 50% when I last bought.  Which means that actual bitcoin held by Grayscale is worth 30% more than a share of GBTC.  Conversion to an ETF would immediately result in a rise to market value.  See the link below for discussion of closed end funds and why they can trade at either a premium or discount relative to the value of the actual assets held.

https://grayscale.com/qa-what-converting-gbtc-to-an-etf-would-mean/

This is an arbitrage play on successful ETF conversion.  Based on all the activity I think theres a decent chance the SEC approves crypto ETFs.  

Graycsale Ethereum trades at a 50% discount.  I'm also looking at Grayscale Litecoin.

UPDATE

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sec-says-spot-bitcoin-etf-filings-are-inadequate-390336e8?mod=hp_lead_pos1

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2023/06/30/bitcoin-tumbles-on-report-of-sec-saying-spot-btc-etf-filings-inadequate/

Not today.  The SEC really couldn't give me the weekend before making me look like an idiot?

Edited by Jauronimo

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e76xg3oah56xp6t1as

$50k by Xmas

$100k by 2025!

GBTC has been a great investment.  Not only have I realized every bit of upside from the increase in BTC prices but the discount to NAV has narrowed.  GBTC have ETHE actually outperformed their underlying crypto due to huge discounts to NAV which have significantly narrowed.  At buy in I was essentially getting Bitcoin and Ethereum for 50% of dollar value.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2023 at 1:20 PM, Jauronimo said:

GBTC has been a great investment.  Not only have I realized every bit of upside from the increase in BTC prices but the discount to NAV has narrowed.  GBTC have ETHE actually outperformed their underlying crypto due to huge discounts to NAV which have significantly narrowed.  At buy in I was essentially getting Bitcoin and Ethereum for 50% of dollar value.

I know I gave you ***** earlier but I bought it when you recommended it and it's up over 1X for me right now.  Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

Stellar XLM: Your Roadmap to Financial Inclusion

In conclusion, Stellar XLM is emerging as a powerful tool in the pursuit of financial inclusion. Its unique features, strategic partnerships, and commitment to addressing the challenges faced by the unbanked make it a promising platform for creating a more equitable financial system. As Stellar continues to develop and innovate, its impact on global financial inclusion is expected to grow, providing a roadmap to a more inclusive and prosperous future for all.

----

On a related note, XRP is not the "golden child" it was once expected to be. There is not going to be a high-priced buyback like many XRP hodlers had hoped for. XLM is the better option.

As Grayscale converts closed end trusts to spot ETFs all of those Market Price / Shares will rise to the value of Holdings / Per Share. 

https://www.grayscale.com/crypto-products

Some like GDLC, which I hold, still have attractive discounts to Net Asset Value (NAV) ~30%.  Did you know GDLC is 70% Bitcoin and 23% ETH? 

The original thesis was a bet on ETF conversion and narrowing of the discounts to NAV.  Assuming Grayscale converts all products to spot ETFs its now free money. I suppose additional regulation risk may remain?

The cool thing here is that I bought GBTC when it was trading around $10 and the value of its bitcoin holdings was $15.  Now the market price is nearly equal to its holdings per share.  Meaning anyone who traded with me upthread has realized gains greater than people who invested in ETH or BTC.

Edited by Jauronimo

• 1 month later...

XRP Death Cross fully confirmed

XRP Death Cross fully confirmed, Dogecoin (DOGE), Bitcoin (BTC) now aims at $50,000

The asset has confirmed a "Death Cross," a technical chart pattern (https://u.today/dangerous-ethereum-eth-pattern-appears) that may spell trouble for its immediate future. This bearish signal occurs when the 50-day moving average crosses below the 200-day moving average, often interpreted as a sign that current short-term momentum is falling well below long-term price trends, suggesting a potential sell-off ahead.

XRP's inability to maintain a position above the 26-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA) has exposed its vulnerability. This level often acts as a dynamic line of support in a bull market; however, XRP's recent reversal from this point highlights a lack of buying pressure. Typically, a failure to break above the 26 EMA is not taken lightly by traders, as it signals that the asset does not have enough bullish strength for an upward breakout.

-------------------

If you were counting on XRP to be your retirement, now is the time for a new plan. Convert your XRP to XLM or whatever you like. Things have changed over the last 2-3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hedera (HBAR), Stellar (XLM), and Cardano (ADA) Lead the Charge as ISO 20022-Compliant Cryptos That Could Partner With Central Banks

A new era in the financial technology world is upon us. On March 20, the world will transition to using ISO 20022 technology in financial communications, replacing SWIFT, and Hedera, Cardano, and Stellar are among the projects leading the march into this bold new world for crypto.

ISO 20022 is a new global protocol that financial entities will rely on to exchange financial messages securely. Previously, they have relied on SWIFT, which has been around for five decades. SWIFT came before most of today’s existing technology and can no longer keep up with the rapid advancements in the payments sector.

17 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Hedera (HBAR), Stellar (XLM), and Cardano (ADA) Lead the Charge as ISO 20022-Compliant Cryptos That Could Partner With Central Banks

A new era in the financial technology world is upon us. On March 20, the world will transition to using ISO 20022 technology in financial communications, replacing SWIFT, and Hedera, Cardano, and Stellar are among the projects leading the march into this bold new world for crypto.

ISO 20022 is a new global protocol that financial entities will rely on to exchange financial messages securely. Previously, they have relied on SWIFT, which has been around for five decades. SWIFT came before most of today’s existing technology and can no longer keep up with the rapid advancements in the payments sector.

No one wants centralized crypto products.  Decentralization and anonymity are the soul of crypto currency.  Its their reason for existence.  Everything you espouse is the antithesis of crypto.  Its why cRipple coin is bust.  Its why Lumen is the same garbage.  Cardano may be compliant but its true purpose is next gen Ethereum.  Maybe it will get to that status but I doubt it.  

If you want to make money, put it all in Bitcoin and look to sell around $100k.  Then wait until Bitcoin plummets back down to $20k and look to buy again wherever the new floor is established.  Rinse, wash, and repeat as necessary.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

If you want to make money, put it all in Bitcoin and look to sell around $100k.  Then wait until Bitcoin plummets back down to $20k and look to buy again wherever the new floor is established.  Rinse, wash, and repeat as necessary.  

This has been my advice as well. It's the classic cycle. Although I believe the bottom wont be that low this time. I think it will bottom out in the $40ks, mayyyyybe dip into the $30ks.

Either way, a good way to at least double your BTC bag.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This has been my advice as well. It's the classic cycle. Although I believe the bottom wont be that low this time. I think it will bottom out in the $40ks, mayyyyybe dip into the $30ks.

Either way, a good way to at least double your BTC bag.

I have more than doubled my bag over the past year and change by following my own advice posted in this thread.  At least one other person here has too.  I'm sure @Poleshifter's cRipple coin YOLO has performed just as well...

On 2/27/2024 at 2:49 PM, Jauronimo said:

I have more than doubled my bag over the past year and change by following my own advice posted in this thread.  At least one other person here has too.  I'm sure @Poleshifter's cRipple coin YOLO has performed just as well...

Yup.  Thanks again.  And I have more than doubled on several cryptos.

Edited by Doc

On 1/9/2024 at 4:02 PM, Poleshifter said:

Stellar XLM: Your Roadmap to Financial Inclusion

In conclusion, Stellar XLM is emerging as a powerful tool in the pursuit of financial inclusion. Its unique features, strategic partnerships, and commitment to addressing the challenges faced by the unbanked make it a promising platform for creating a more equitable financial system. As Stellar continues to develop and innovate, its impact on global financial inclusion is expected to grow, providing a roadmap to a more inclusive and prosperous future for all.

----

On a related note, XRP is not the "golden child" it was once expected to be. There is not going to be a high-priced buyback like many XRP hodlers had hoped for. XLM is the better option.

I’ll admit, I’m patiently waiting for the run. 

fingers crossed - I think we see the alt coins close the gap to past highs next with people getting excited and fomo exploding in crypto again 

On 2/27/2024 at 10:06 AM, Jauronimo said:

No one wants centralized crypto products.  Decentralization and anonymity are the soul of crypto currency.  Its their reason for existence.  Everything you espouse is the antithesis of crypto.  Its why cRipple coin is bust.  Its why Lumen is the same garbage.  Cardano may be compliant but its true purpose is next gen Ethereum.  Maybe it will get to that status but I doubt it.  

that’s largely been my cash strategy since the bottom almost every penny since the floor has been btc this round. 

have plenty kicking around in other place still but really keeping it simple this time