Do You BitCoin?

Foxx

3 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

TBBills, you know nothing.

Just looking at your post history on this topic says the same about you.

Show the proof, every one of the crypto's that are backed by gold, silver, copper, plat... all have sources to where the metals are reserved.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

SWIFT will be replaced by QFS (Quantum Financial System), and XRP operates on that new network.

Precious metals is probably the best investment right now - physical gold or silver you can hold in your hand, not these Wall Street stuff like SLV.

That Goldscape article was kind of ridiculous, like the guy is doing his thesis on gold-backed crypto. Most of those coins he mentions will not be around for very long.

As far as all this "where is the gold?" and "how much is there?", I don't really care about all that. I know where the banking system is headed, and I have invested accordingly.

@TBBillsWe shall see who has the right information. Time will tell, but I have full confidence in my choices of XRP, XLM, and silver.

For the rest of you guys, enjoy your Bitcoin, Ethereum, and whatnot. We can just agree to disagree on what coins are the best investment (or "gamble", as some folks think).

XRP is not backed by gold in any way shape or form.

and it seems weird that you are now claiming you don’t care about that when you just said this a couple pages ago:

On 7/8/2022 at 2:29 AM, Poleshifter said:

XRP is backed by gold. XLM is backed by silver.

Gold and silver are the assets.

Most people are not accustomed to crypto being backed by anything but hope.

it seemed like you claimed it was the major selling point of XRP. Now it doesn’t matter?

I also don’t understand why you think XRP is different than other cryptocurrencies you say are backed by “hope”. XRP is not backed by any actual asset either. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

it seemed like you claimed it was the major selling point of XRP. Now it doesn’t matter?

I also don’t understand why you think XRP is different than other cryptocurrencies you say are backed by “hope”. XRP is not backed by any actual asset either. 

The major selling point is that it is the currency to be used by the QFS. Perhaps I misspoke in saying it is "backed by gold". XRP has a great future.

• Haha (+1) 1

Growing up, my mom bought a lot of "collectables."

Today, Her collection takes up 110% of my garage. She's hoping to pass on these "heirlooms" to the grand-kids

Out of curiosity, I looked up how much they sell for on Ebay, as they have ZERO sentimental value.

Just as I figured, I'm carefully storing mint condition, still-in-box, piles of worthless garbage.

I imagine that a lot of Crypto holders are like my mom.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The major selling point is that it is the currency to be used by the QFS. Perhaps I misspoke in saying it is "backed by gold". XRP has a great future.

I feel like if someone is taking your advice on this, they should maybe be concerned that you don't seem to know where it's value comes from.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I feel like if someone is taking your advice on this, they should maybe be concerned that you don't seem to know where it's value comes from.

Then just ignore me, or do some research to see if it can work for you.

I don't have all the details, but I am happy to have a substantial bag of XRP. I know that it's future is bright.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I keep hoping it's a troll job, but hardly the kookiest character TBD/TSW has produced.

Not trolling. It is something I strongly believe in.

Admittedly, it is hard to convince anyone else about it, but that is OK. I was only trying to let other folks know about the opportunity, but some folks get all bent out of shape about it.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Admittedly, it is hard to convince anyone else about it, but that is OK. I was only trying to let other folks know about the opportunity, but some folks get all bent out of shape about it.

The problem is you are using all wrong and false information when talking about this "opportunity"

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

From reading your posts I feel like you're trying to sell me a Tesla emphasizing its above average fuel tank capacity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Skepticism is a good trait for any investor.   You could use more of it since you seem to have bought into some significantly faulty information.

15 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

C'mon boss you know you didn't misspeak about being backed by gold, you sincerely was duped into thinking it was

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Where did you read that?

Quantum currency is different than cryptocurrency. I don’t see how it’s tied into XRP.

we are talking about econophysics and quantum computing…

This is an interesting subject but Quantum physics and quantum mechanics are way over my head (and most people’s, I’d think). I do know we are still many years away from quantum computing being used at any large scale. The technology is still in its infancy.

I also know that there is a lot of debate about what quantum computing could do to cryptocurrency and conventional cryptography.

ex’s:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/crypto/cryptocurrency-faces-a-quantum-computing-problem/

https://www.coindesk.com/learn/quantum-computers-vs-crypto-mining-separating-facts-from-fiction/

https://www.americanscientist.org/article/is-quantum-computing-a-cybersecurity-threat

David schwartz (ripple’s CTO) actually addressed this subject. He said that he thinks quantum computing could threaten cryptocurrencies like XRP and bitcoin:

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/07/25/ripple-executive-says-quantum-computing-will-threaten-bitcoin-xrp-and-crypto-markets-heres-when/

On the Modern CTO Podcast, Schwartz says quantum computing will break the cryptographic algorithms that keep cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC) and XRP – as well as the internet at large – secure.

“From the point of view of someone who is building systems based on conventional cryptography, quantum computing is a risk. We are not solving problems that need powerful computing like payments and liquidity – the work that the computers do is not that incredibly complicated, but because it relies on conventional cryptography, very fast computers present a risk to the security model that we use inside the ledger.

Algorithms like SHA-2 and ECDSA (elliptic curve cryptography) are sort of esoteric things deep in the plumbing but if they were to fail, the whole system would collapse. The system’s ability to say who owns Bitcoin or who owns XRP or whether or not a particular transaction is authorized would be compromised…

A lot of people in the blockchain space watch quantum computing very carefully and what we’re trying to do is have an assessment of how long before these algorithms are no longer reliable.”

Schwartz says he thinks developers have at least eight years until the technology, which leverages the properties of quantum physics to perform fast calculations, becomes sophisticated enough to crack cryptocurrency.

“I think we have at least eight years. I have very high confidence that it’s at least a decade before quantum computing presents a threat, but you never know when there could be a breakthrough. I’m a cautious and concerned observer, I would say.”

From what i understand, It could threaten any cryptocurrency using a public key (like XRP).

Schwartz also said they are not yet using any quantum resistant algorithms but could implement them in the future if needed.

I believe there are a few cryptocurrencies starting to use post quantum cryptography methods but afaik XRP is not one of them yet. My knowledge on this subject is very limited though.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...