Mets fans?

Another Fan

32 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

OMFG -- Did we just win? For real?

Before the game started ESPN was doing the announcer predictions and all 3 came up Yankees. Made sense, right? Mets can't score, Severino is dominating yada yada yada

I told my boys that this is the type of game we win, exactly when you don't expect it. That's baseball and a 162 game season. Did I believe it? Um, no....but I didn't not believe it either.

Let's Go Mets!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Irony: as I'm watching the game, I'm surfing the web and the local newspaper already has a story up that with Cabrera coming out of the game there's a "window" for Reyes. 

And he fails to step on 2nd on a routine play. Two dead as I type so maybe we get out of it, but  wow has this season been painful to watch since the hot start.

Jose Reyes has no business being in the major leagues.  Zero.  The effort is there, but he's shot.  Doneski.  Out.

• Like (+1) 1

I have the MLB extra innings package but I don't have ESPN so I was going to miss this game. I checked the score and it was 0-0 in the 5th so I decided to go to Beef O'Brady's and watch the end of the game. I'm glad I did. I know it's just one game, but shutting out the Yankees is so sweet!!

Let's Go Mets!!

A-Gon is gone and Dominic Smith gets another chance.  According to the article below Smith has had "a poor year with Las Vegas" and fellow call-up Ty Kelly "has been strong for Las Vegas this year". Slash lines:

.260/.343/.370

.262/.340/.450

Kelly has 6 HR's, 29 RBI's, Smith has 2 and 25. So basically 4 good at bats is the difference between poor and strong?

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/adrian-gonzalez-released-mets-1.19119114

There are whispers that Conforto could be sent to AAA.  Here's how he responded:  "Triple-A is not an answer," Conforto told the Post. "I've been through that. I have done all I can do down there. I play at this level -- that's it."

Sounds a lot like our old friend, Matt Harvey.

Conforto has sucked.  He looks like a little leaguer at the plate.  So yes, Mike, AAA is absolutely an answer.  You dick.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23752228/new-york-mets-consider-sending-michael-conforto-minors

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jose Reyes has no business being in the major leagues.  Zero.  The effort is there, but he's shot.  Doneski.  Out.

They bought Kelly's contract from LV,he's going to suit up tomorrow.This has to mean the end is very close for Reyes.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

They bought Kelly's contract from LV,he's going to suit up tomorrow.This has to mean the end is very close for Reyes.

Once either Asdrubel or Wilmer comes back, Reyes is gone.  That would make sense to me.

Here's another idea ... tell David Wright not to bother his cute little comeback.  The team's getting younger and he's no longer part of the plan.

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Sooner or later the true fan base is going to have to rip off the heart that we wear on our sleeves and admit this situation has become the blind leading the blind. Also...that grand slam was so darn avoidable.We know what those braves hitters are capable of...boom..right in the wheelhouse to a guy who loves it low and straight up.No excuse!!!!

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Sooner or later the true fan base is going to have to rip off the heart that we wear on our sleeves and admit this situation has become the blind leading the blind. Also...that grand slam was so darn avoidable.We know what those braves hitters are capable of...boom..right in the wheelhouse to a guy who loves it low and straight up.No excuse!!!!

I just don't get why Sewald is coming in during those situations. He's been very hittable as of late and isn't fooling anyone. Albies was struggling as of that at bat. We had a day-off yesterday, why isn't Gsellman coming in? Sigh. 

I'm re-living the 90s as between the Braves and Yankees being good again(Absolute torture growing up a Mets fan in my town as a child). Kill me now. 

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Nice Sunday night win against the Yanks but back to The Sh1t Show!

The coaching staff is incompetent. They left Wheeler in way too long, he was missing high. Then they bring in the 5th grade teacher Paul Sewald and throws one right in any lefties wheel house. 

Edited by Captain Murica

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

I just don't get why Sewald is coming in during those situations. He's been very hittable as of late and isn't fooling anyone. Albies was struggling as of that at bat. We had a day-off yesterday, why isn't Gsellman coming in? Sigh. 

I'm re-living the 90s as between the Braves and Yankees being good again(Absolute torture growing up a Mets fan in my town as a child). Kill me now. 

The coaching staff is incompetent. They left Wheeler in way too long, he was missing high. Then they bring in the 5th grade teacher Paul Sewald and throws one right in any lefties wheel house. 

So many problems.

Injuries continue to plague the Mets, but that's what you get when you have a roster that can star in a Cocoon sequel.

Defense is pure ****.  Mesoraco threw a frozen rope to Cabrera at 2nd and he muffed it.  He's playing hurt and contributing nothing.

Conforto continues to look like a 4th grader against a varsity team at the plate.  He's lost.  And now, to make matters worse, he's got the Harvey-level arrogance to go along with it.

Sewald gives up a grand salami on a silver platter .... the BATS FOR HIMSELF and comes out for more.

Callaway as a manager is like Rex Ryan as a head coach.  They're good at their specialties (pitching/defense) but being responsible for all parts of the game is way too !@#$ing much.  Mick is in over his head.

Unless you're the Yankees, giving someone a team that can't lose no matter what you do, New York City is not the place for managers to cut their teeth.  We learned this in the pathetic Willie Randolph era (Bobby Valentine would have won at least two world series with that team).

I'd say trade Jake and Thor to rebuild the farm, but Alderson hasn't made a good trade since he's been here, so I don't even trust him.

These are bad, bad times for the Metropolitans.

Saddest part ............... as long as the Wilpons are the owners, it ain't changin'.

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

So many problems.

Injuries continue to plague the Mets, but that's what you get when you have a roster that can star in a Cocoon sequel.

Defense is pure ****.  Mesoraco threw a frozen rope to Cabrera at 2nd and he muffed it.  He's playing hurt and contributing nothing.

Conforto continues to look like a 4th grader against a varsity team at the plate.  He's lost.  And now, to make matters worse, he's got the Harvey-level arrogance to go along with it.

Sewald gives up a grand salami on a silver platter .... the BATS FOR HIMSELF and comes out for more.

Callaway as a manager is like Rex Ryan as a head coach.  They're good at their specialties (pitching/defense) but being responsible for all parts of the game is way too !@#$ing much.  Mick is in over his head.

Unless you're the Yankees, giving someone a team that can't lose no matter what you do, New York City is not the place for managers to cut their teeth.  We learned this in the pathetic Willie Randolph era (Bobby Valentine would have won at least two world series with that team).

I'd say trade Jake and Thor to rebuild the farm, but Alderson hasn't made a good trade since he's been here, so I don't even trust him.

These are bad, bad times for the Metropolitans.

Saddest part ............... as long as the Wilpons are the owners, it ain't changin'.

• Yup, defense has been really bad. Especially behind the plate but Assdribble need hangs on to that throw, as that would prevent that inning from happening and the flood gates open. 
  • At this point I'm not sure if it's coaching or Conforto. He is not a guy you should be able to shift on. What he showed in 2015 and last year, he has the ability to hit the ball the other way with authority. But, I'm also allowing the thought of him never panning out to be good to great "seed" being planted in my head.
  • Sewald is a guy that needs to be used to eat innings and not someone to come in with runners on in a close game. But, do to Sandy not being able to construct any sort of a competent roster this should not be a shocker that Sewald is at the top of our Bullpen. Also, allowing him to come out and hit for himself... Like seriously WTF. Why not double switch there to avoid that. 
  • I wish we could be more patient with Callaway as there is a learning curve with new managers but New York isn't the place like you said to earn your stripes. 
  • I discussed the possibilities of trading deGrom and Thor with Yankees fans after some condescending comments from the Skankees fans. I came back from those talks that at this point I would just trade deGrom and keep Thor, for multiple reasons, Thor's age, still has over 3 years of team control, and has still a lot to learn which is a good thing with  his stuff which is number 1 level type stuff. But, Yankees fans are also in the belief that Torres and Andujar are untouchable which I said one of those guys need to be traded. You just don't trade Jake for some prospects. They have to be elite prospects as Jake is coming into his prime and has 2 years of team control left. 
  • I would take Clint Frazier, Andujar, and Justus Sheffield for deGrom with another prospect thrown in possibly. If not Andujar then I would like Estevan Florial, which is a nice OF prospect that would add speed and athleticism to the roster. We can't keep praying that Yo will stay healthy and carry this team. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018

43 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

You just don't trade Jake for some prospects. They have to be elite prospects as Jake is coming into his prime and has 2 years of team control left. 

I agree 100%.

Wasted another deGrom gem again, I see.

The Mets don't deserve Jacob deGrom.

52 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

• Yup, defense has been really bad. Especially behind the plate but Assdribble need hangs on to that throw, as that would prevent that inning from happening and the flood gates open. 
  • At this point I'm not sure if it's coaching or Conforto. He is not a guy you should be able to shift on. What he showed in 2015 and last year, he has the ability to hit the ball the other way with authority. But, I'm also allowing the thought of him never panning out to be good to great "seed" being planted in my head.
  • Sewald is a guy that needs to be used to eat innings and not someone to come in with runners on in a close game. But, do to Sandy not being able to construct any sort of a competent roster this should not be a shocker that Sewald is at the top of our Bullpen. Also, allowing him to come out and hit for himself... Like seriously WTF. Why not double switch there to avoid that. 
  • I wish we could be more patient with Callaway as there is a learning curve with new managers but New York isn't the place like you said to earn your stripes. 
  • I discussed the possibilities of trading deGrom and Thor with Yankees fans after some condescending comments from the Skankees fans. I came back from those talks that at this point I would just trade deGrom and keep Thor, for multiple reasons, Thor's age, still has over 3 years of team control, and has still a lot to learn which is a good thing with  his stuff which is number 1 level type stuff. But, Yankees fans are also in the belief that Torres and Andujar are untouchable which I said one of those guys need to be traded. You just don't trade Jake for some prospects. They have to be elite prospects as Jake is coming into his prime and has 2 years of team control left. 
  • I would take Clint Frazier, Andujar, and Justus Sheffield for deGrom with another prospect thrown in possibly. If not Andujar then I would like Estevan Florial, which is a nice OF prospect that would add speed and athleticism to the roster. We can't keep praying that Yo will stay healthy and carry this team. 

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018

Good stuff. Some added thoughts on each:

I hope you didn't copyright Assdribble, because I'm gonna use that and have no intention of paying royalties. 

Agreed on Conforto, I also wonder whether last year's injury is in the back of his mind. Or maybe he's an every other year player like Saberhagen was way back when.

I'll give Sandy a slight pass on the bullpen. Who knew Blevins would be this bad and Swarzak, Ramos and Familia would all get hurt. I'm fine with how he constructed the bullpen, just not fine with how it's played out

Not giving up on Calloway just yet, but confidence in him diminishes with each passing day.

I can't stomach the thought of trading DeGrom to the Crankees let alone anyone else. But I have to admit that if you're going to do it now's the time and you better get a boatload of value back.

Two other Alderson comments:

- yesterday Sandy intimated that Reyes is the best option they have for his role with the team. If that's true he must have no respect for the guys at AAA. That was a real head scratcher, Reyes can't field or hit this year.

- he also said that when Alonso gets called up to AAA he won't be going back down. Talk about a message sent to Dominic Smith.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Good stuff. Some added thoughts on each:

I hope you didn't copyright Assdribble, because I'm gonna use that and have no intention of paying royalties. 

Agreed on Conforto, I also wonder whether last year's injury is in the back of his mind. Or maybe he's an every other year player like Saberhagen was way back when.

I'll give Sandy a slight pass on the bullpen. Who knew Blevins would be this bad and Swarzak, Ramos and Familia would all get hurt. I'm fine with how he constructed the bullpen, just not fine with how it's played out

Not giving up on Calloway just yet, but confidence in him diminishes with each passing day.

I can't stomach the thought of trading DeGrom to the Crankees let alone anyone else. But I have to admit that if you're going to do it now's the time and you better get a boatload of value back.

Two other Alderson comments:

- yesterday Sandy intimated that Reyes is the best option they have for his role with the team. If that's true he must have no respect for the guys at AAA. That was a real head scratcher, Reyes can't field or hit this year.

- he also said that when Alonso gets called up to AAA he won't be going back down. Talk about a message sent to Dominic Smith.

Lmao, I wanted to make T-Shirts with his home run pose after the walk off in 2016. But, haven't yet. 

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/06/heyman-yankees-not-trading-andujar-or-torres-for-degrom.html/

According to Jon Heyman of the FRS Network in regards to any possible deal between the New York Mets and New York Yankees, that the Bronx Bombers won’t trade either of young infielders Gleyber Torres or Miguel Andujar.

The same Yankees person told Heyman that the New York Mets would never trade Jacob deGrom to the them despite a Mets person telling him otherwise.

Columnists and talk show hosts have been floating the idea of a deGrom to the Yankees trade recently despite the notion that we know that the Mets would never do that.

And they certainly aren’t doing it without the Yankees being willing to trade one of their top prospects.

The Mets and Yankees had discussions around the trade deadline last season involving Neil Walker, Jay Bruceand Lucas Duda but never agreed on a deal.

DeGrom has been arguably the best pitcher in the National League this season with a league best 1.55 ERA and is under team control through the 2020 season.

Well there is that. The Yankees aren't getting a hometown discount. 

This is exactly how I feel. You trade for deGrom to win now in the next 2 years. The Yankees are about winning rings and deGrom is the type of pitcher that would do it for them. With that being said you're going to have to give up a lot for one of the top 3-5 pitchers in the game. 

On 6/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, Gugny said:

I agree 100%.

Wasted another deGrom gem again, I see.

The Mets don't deserve Jacob deGrom.

Yup, I watched the game. At this point I almost want them to continue to do poorly so the Wilpons are forced to do something even if they don't want to.  I wouldn't be surprised by july/august they're only filling 50% of the stadium. It was pretty empty when I went this past Sunday for the Mets vs Yankees game. 

Edited by Captain Murica

6 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Lmao, I wanted to make T-Shirts with his home run pose after the walk off in 2016. But, haven't yet. 

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/06/heyman-yankees-not-trading-andujar-or-torres-for-degrom.html/

This is exactly how I feel. You trade for deGrom to win now in the next 2 years. The Yankees are about winning rings and deGrom is the type of pitcher that would do it for them. With that being said you're going to have to give up a lot for one of the top 3-5 pitchers in the game. 

Yup, I watched the game. At this point I almost want them to continue to do poorly so the Wilpons are forced to do something even if they don't want to.  I wouldn't be surprised by july/august they're only filling 50% of the stadium. It was pretty empty when I went this past Sunday for the Mets vs Yankees game. 

They're already offering discounted tickets.

Of course, I bought my tickets before the season started.  Oh, well!

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I'm not in favor of trading DeGrom, but I have to admit Coutinho's comments make sense. And the Yankees would seriously have to overpay for me to watch another ex-Met win a WS in the Bronx.  It's messed up how they have the best prospect and major league ready pool when 2-3 years ago they had nothing.