Mets fans?

Another Fan

My current fandom gauge on a 3 bag scale:

Mets    :bag::bag::bag:    (No hope, ever)

Sabres :bag::bag:          (Can still cling to that 'young guys might be the future' fantasy)

Bills      :bag:                (Based on last season;  will almost certainly be 2 bags by week 3)

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I just got home from the game. I actually gave the fam the option of leaving after the 8th but nobody bit. The final indignity was the Nat's pitcher getting hurt after the 2nd out in the bottom of the 9th and we had to wait while they carted him off the field.

On the plus side, Matz looked great.

In a strange way,we are responsible for taking Herrera and Kelley off that Nats squad.

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Sabres :bag::bag:          (Can still cling to that 'young guys might be the future' fantasy)

Bills      :bag:                (Based on last season;  will almost certainly be 2 bags by week 3)

I’m guessing by your screen name your out west.  Would you ever root for any of the local teams there as like second favs?  Or that’s just a bit too questionable.  

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I’m guessing by your screen name your out west.  Would you ever root for any of the local teams there as like second favs?  Or that’s just a bit too questionable.  

Someone took me to a Warriors playoff game and gave me a nice hat, so I’ve got that. But truth be told they’re a dick team and I don’t care about the NBA.

The 49ers might be fun to watch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/27/2018 at 1:05 AM, KD in CA said:

Let's face the facts..injuries hit the Metros hard this year...June was a disaster.

16 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wright is now in Vegas..

...and there are only 7 games left in their season.

I wonder if there's any insurance scenario where it's determined he's physically unable to play and insurance still pays out. Seems like there isn't and this whole "comeback attempt" is intended to make sure insurance continues to pay 75% until the contract runs out.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well .... better than Tebow, I guess.

He broke his hand earlier in the season ,he's out for the year....hopefully forever.

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

...and there are only 7 games left in their season.

I wonder if there's any insurance scenario where it's determined he's physically unable to play and insurance still pays out. Seems like there isn't and this whole "comeback attempt" is intended to make sure insurance continues to pay 75% until the contract runs out.

Mmm...never thought about that.Good point.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jake's ERA down to 1.61 with another 10 Ks.  And another no decision.

If Bruce catches that line drive(shocking another playing out of position) from Zobrist it's another win, and deGrom did it all by being lights out along with adding in the only RBI. Side note Rosario was having good night and it only took Mickey 3/4 of the season to figure out he needs to bat 1st. It's all he did in the minors and a reason behind his success in the first place. 

Edited by Captain Murica

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

If Bruce catches that line drive(shocking another playing out of position) from Zobrist it's another win, and deGrom did it all by being lights out along with adding in the only RBI. Side note Rosario was having good night and it only took Mickey 3/4 of the season to figure out he needs to bat 1st. It's all he did in the minors and a reason behind his success in the first place. 

Yep.  Rosario's been having a lot of nice nights.  If Callaway is still the manager next year and he starts talking about giving Rosario time in the outfield, it will officially be my low point as a Mets fan.  I hope he's fired the day the season's over.   He's terrible in many, many ways.

Bruce did flash some nice leather in one of the later innings last night, but yeah ... I don't get why Callaway is forcing that.  Is Dom Smith hurt?  If not, play the kid every day.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  Rosario's been having a lot of nice nights.  If Callaway is still the manager next year and he starts talking about giving Rosario time in the outfield, it will officially be my low point as a Mets fan.  I hope he's fired the day the season's over.   He's terrible in many, many ways.

Bruce did flash some nice leather in one of the later innings last night, but yeah ... I don't get why Callaway is forcing that.  Is Dom Smith hurt?  If not, play the kid every day.

Well, speaking about first base. 

Basically, alonso’s Agent called out the Mets brass for saying he will not be a September call up due to his defense but we have guys playing out of position all the time and making constant mistakes and do not have the ceiling Alonso has. Carlin, decided make this tweet, and Alonso fired back. 

Rightfully so in my opinion, since the Mets stated the reason is because they have Dom Smith, Bruce, and Flores there. So, a kid the Mets have only given 100 scattered at bats in the league, a broken down slugger who should be in the AL as a DH and stealing their money, and a solid bench player is the reason for our stud First Base prospect will rot in the minors, why us? 

Side note:

The 23-year-old second round pick from a big college that has .953 OPS with 33 homers and 111 RBI. Top 100 prospect and arguably the best first base prospect in baseball. 

Won't take a single MLB at-bat in a season the Mets finish well below .500

Edited by Captain Murica

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Well, speaking about first base. 

Basically, alonso’s Agent called out the Mets brass for saying he will not be a September call up due to his defense but we have guys playing out of position all the time and making constant mistakes and do not have the ceiling Alonso has. Carlin, decided make this tweet, and Alonso fired back. 

Rightfully so in my opinion, since the Mets stated the reason is because they have Dom Smith, Bruce, and Flores there. So, a kid the Mets have only given 100 scattered at bats in the league, a broken down slugger who should be in the AL as a DH and stealing their money, and a solid bench player is the reason for our stud First Base prospect will rot in the minors, why us? 

Side note:

The 23-year-old second round pick from a big college that has .953 OPS with 33 homers and 111 RBI. Top 100 prospect and arguably the best first base prospect in baseball. 

Won't take a single MLB at-bat in a season the Mets finish well below .500

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is it prevents him from accruing service time which potentially delays free agency. This article from a few years ago about a Reds prospect claims that it only makes sense to delay the promotion to the big leagues if you expect the guy to be on the major league roster early the next season.

Oops forgot to add the link:

https://redlegnation.com/2015/08/19/jesse-winker-september-call-ups-and-service-time/

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Jake's ERA down to 1.61 with another 10 Ks.  And another no decision.

That was a win if that massive wind gust didn't come in when McNeil crushed that ball for a triple...should have been 10-15 rows up.into the bleachers.oh well

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That was a win if that massive wind gust didn't come in when McNeil crushed that ball for a triple...should have been 10-15 rows up.into the bleachers.oh well

You're not kidding.  Nice to see him run hard right off the bat.