I slipped them the tongue......

Had an oppurtunity to try cow tongue. I was all set to try it, I will pretty much try anything. But at the last minute I chickened out. I'm starting to regret not at least trying it. Everyone loved it, but they are used to eating it. Should I have tried it, or did I make the right choice? I want to hear all about your experience with tongue.

Had an oppurtunity to try cow tongue. I was all set to try it, I will pretty much try anything. But at the last minute I chickened out. I'm starting to regret not at least trying it. Everyone loved it, but they are used to eating it. Should I have tried it, or did I make the right choice? I want to hear all about your experience with tongue.

When I first read your post I thought you were an on the farm freak and was considering an intimate relationship with a cow. I was going to suggest the milk loaded teets because it was more nutritious than the tongue. Sorry for jumping to such a perverted conclusion. :D

Yes. Only way to learn how to prepare it better.

My sister made chili one time.On the way out the door she asked what I thought. I told her it was GREAT! She told me it was venison.( but don't tell Mother ) Since then she's never made it without the venison.

Not tongue. But there is a guy at work that eats:

http://en.m.wikipedia.nom.si/wiki/Menudo_(soup)

Gets it from a local joint (gotta ask him where again) that he says is the best around. Only place his elderly Mexican father will eat it from

I am not brave enough to try it. Have to call it pancita, or I can't get past the boy band thing! :-/