updated depth chart

Based off of the updated depth chart which position appears to be the most glaring need. IMO Holmes at number 2 is a lot better than Humber as the starting OLB. Kevon at the other corner I feel will be just fine. Getting more of a sense that this team is gonna go heavy on the defense (at least first 2 rounds) before they start addressing the O. I feel the Team will go LB/DB DB/LB in the first 2 rounds.

I just don't know how anyone can be comfortable with Seymour at corner based on 200 snaps last year.

LB is probably the weakest position, but corner (and QB for that matter) is far more important IMO.

I am more comfortable with him starting at corner, than Humber starting at OLB.

If the Bills stay at #10 overall in R1 they will select TE OJ Howard. I think he's a top 5 talent and is the type of player that only comes along once every ten years. He would greatly help the running game and would provide a matchup nightmare in the passing game. He would be the perfect complement to Taylor/McCoy/DiMarco/Clay/Watkins or Taylor/McCoy/Clay/Watkins/Holmes.

I completely agree that both CB and LB are big needs, but you can't pass on great players in the draft when they fall in your lap.

The draft is very deep at CB....and also at LB to a lesser degree. The Bills will draft those positions in later rounds for sure.

I just don't know how anyone can be comfortable with Seymour at corner based on 200 snaps last year.

LB is probably the weakest position, but corner (and QB for that matter) is far more important IMO.

While I completely agree with you, it would be incredibly disheartening to see a corner taken at #10 after letting Gilmore walk out the door.

If the Bills stay at #10 overall in R1 they will select TE OJ Howard. I think he's a top 5 talent and is the type of player that only comes along once every ten years. He would greatly help the running game and would provide a matchup nightmare in the passing game. He would be the perfect complement to Taylor/McCoy/DiMarco/Clay/Watkins or Taylor/McCoy/Clay/Watkins/Holmes.

I completely agree that both CB and LB are big needs, but you can't pass on great players in the draft when they fall in your lap.

The draft is very deep at CB....and also at LB to a lesser degree. The Bills will draft those positions in later rounds for sure.

This draft is significantly deeper at TE than LB. LB is top-heavy this year imo. Grab Foster/Reddick or wait until there's a LB that meets value later. I'm talking 3 down LBs, not Edge guys, for what it's worth.

I agree that drafting for need is ill-advised, and that they should take someone they believe will be an elite player.

I'm not as high on Howard as others are, but if they take him, they better put him to good use.

They've failed to do so with Sammy, and it's hurt the team.

While I completely agree with you, it would be incredibly disheartening to see a corner taken at #10 after letting Gilmore walk out the door.

Agreed.

Based off of the updated depth chart which position appears to be the most glaring need. IMO Holmes at number 2 is a lot better than Humber as the starting OLB. Kevon at the other corner I feel will be just fine. Getting more of a sense that this team is gonna go heavy on the defense (at least first 2 rounds) before they start addressing the O. I feel the Team will go LB/DB DB/LB in the first 2 rounds.

Let's not forget the Panthers ran a nickel based defense more than 50% of the time under McDermott. I wouldn't be shocked if did same thing here. I see Micah Hyde playing the Shaq Thompson role as hybrid LB/S and look to draft a S/CB in one of our top 3 picks and the other on a WR and QB.

Edited by The Jokeman

You can't put Sammy to good use when he's never healthy enough to be on the field. He's a great talent, but he's teetering on complete bust material at this point until he proves otherwise.

And to think, Whaley only used two R1 picks and a R4 pick to get him. :{

CB is the most glaring need, would have been BPA with either Lattimore/Sidney Jones at 10, since the Jones injury I don't think we have a shot at Lattimore, to me there is not a top 10 CB other than Lattimore, This is why I think this team takes Peppers unfortunately as he has the versatility to take on 2 positions of LB/S and most likely see him as the Thomas Davis of this defense.

You can't put Sammy to good use when he's never healthy enough to be on the field.

Stopped reading right there; he's started 37 of a possible 48 games as a pro.

I don't know what definition of "never" you're using, but being available 77% of the time does not qualify as "never" by any definition I've seen.

CB is the most glaring need, would have been BPA with either Lattimore/Sidney Jones at 10, since the Jones injury I don't think we have a shot at Lattimore, to me there is not a top 10 CB other than Lattimore, This is why I think this team takes Peppers unfortunately as he has the versatility to take on 2 positions of LB/S and most likely see him as the Thomas Davis of this defense.

I will officially be incensed if they take Peppers at #10 overall.

I don't even have a 1st round grade on the guy.

They had to let Gilmore walk based on the contract he got. No way could the Bills have been able to afford him. letting him walk was money issue, and I'm ok with it.

I don't know what definition of "never" you're using, but being available 77% of the time does not qualify as "never" by any definition I've seen.

Well if you dont have a first round grade on him then that settles it. No peppers. He fits the type of player Mcdermit would like. Can play multiple positions. Wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it

Well if you dont have a first round grade on him then that settles it. No peppers. He fits the type of player Mcdermit would like. Can play multiple positions. Wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it

One man's "can play multiple positions" is another man's "can't play any positions".

One man's "can play multiple positions" is another man's "can't play any positions".

I can't argue with that. But He was Michigan's best player, they did their best to find ways for him to make an impact. Shaq Lawson had a strong year, and I think Jalen Ramsey will be just fine.