Thanks Mr. Wilson

I ran into Ralph in a hotel lobby in Palm Beach twenty years ago. I told him I was a Bills fan, he stopped and talked about the team for about ten minutes. He didn't have to do that. His face lit up talking about the Bills.

I ran into Ralph in a hotel lobby in Palm Beach twenty years ago. I told him I was a Bills fan, he stopped and talked about the team for about ten minutes. He didn't have to do that. His face lit up talking about the Bills.

Very cool. :)

0ap2000000336830.jpg

Just like Indy and GB have been lucky to get back to back great qb's, the diamond in the rough here is that we have been fortunate enough to have 2 amazing owners consecutively...

What Ralph has done for us and the area can't be properly expressed in a short post, but everyone here understands the reverence that man has come to command, even posthumously; in the Buffalo area, Detroit area, and across the NFL.

And now we have been blessed with another set of fantastic owners. They continue to be on-field challenged, as Ralph was for awhile, but I wouldn't trade them out for anything. In a way I think Ralph's philanthropy has somewhat inspired Terry to dump so much into the city/teams, and set a precedent of class that not many can follow. Terry and Kim do.

So yes, thank you so much Ralph for everything, you were a champion for Buffalo, and thanks to Terry and Kim for saving us from an owner like Shakid Kahn..... or Bon Jovi.... or the Donald. Hopefully someday Terry/Kim will earn a bronze out front next to Ralph.

Thank you for the post OP. :thumbsup:

It's easy to forgot to step back and be appreciative for all he has done and given to us fans. Without the Bills I prob be a Jets Fan. BlaHHHH!! :sick:

Thank you Mr. Wilson for all you have done for WNY.

You would probably be a Giants fan; AFL would have collapsed with Mr. Wilson.

Mr. Wilson showed that loyalty to a city like Buffalo is a good investment. Contrast that with the:

Rams -- who have become the centerpiece for a mixed use development in LA

Chargers -who will play in a 30000 seat soccer stadium for two years and then become a tenant to the Rams

Raiders - who appear to be on their way to Vegas..

Mr. Wilson could have cashed out 20 years before his death -- invested well and still acted upon his philanthropic interests but he waited until Bills fans and Erie County showed time and time again how vital the team was to the area. He lined up successor owners and laid out the rules that the team would remain in Buffalo. We were fortunate to have such an honorable and loyal man as our owner.

When the day comes that a Lombardi trophy is awarded to the Bills (and it will come), I hope the owners will recognize Ralph with one of their first statements.

Just like Indy and GB have been lucky to get back to back great qb's, the diamond in the rough here is that we have been fortunate enough to have 2 amazing owners consecutively...

That's actually a great point. We should never take this for granted.

Thank you Mr. Wilson, and Mr. Pegula.