Best US History Sources

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should just shut up. For one of two reasons:

1) You're oversimplifying a complex subject, because you're too ignorant to know it's a complex subject, or

2) You're oversimplifying a complex subject, because even though you know full well it's a complex subject you're making abbrieviated posts on a message board that can't reflect the complexity.

I'm betting it's #2, but either way, shutting up is to your benefit.

Obviously you are correct and that's why I don't want to talk politics or slavery on a football board

I'm not trolling around for **** and giggles

It's a sensitive topic and I agree I'm done

Obviously you are correct and that's why I don't want to talk politics or slavery on a football board

Here - all you have to do to catch up is do a little digging. Like has already been said, this topic has been pretty thoroughly covered already. I took the liberty of using the search function to provide you this link:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183809-new-orleans-to-remove-excremental-rebel-monuments/?hl=confederate

Here - all you have to do to catch up is do a little digging. Like has already been said, this topic has been pretty thoroughly covered already. I took the liberty of using the search function to provide you this link:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/183809-new-orleans-to-remove-excremental-rebel-monuments/?hl=confederate

The whole period is much too unstable...

The early colonial period and the American revolution are much easier and funner to discuss

The great war is as well...

That part of American History is truly the low point of our country

Brother vs brother

Father vs son

Americans vs Americans

Edited by Buffalo716

The early colonial period and the American revolution are much easier and funner to discuss

Brother vs brother

Father vs son

Americans vs Americans

Patriots vs Traitors

Brother vs brother

Father vs son

Americans vs Americans

This is one of those topics that I avoid getting to deeply immersed in, but enjoy reading the back & forth. Although I'm very interested in history, it's not my forte. I know a little about a little, and that's pretty much it. As far as the civil war is concerned, I understand the basics, but detailed discussion is something I leave to others.

That link I posted will give you a good primer on what most people around here have to say on the topic, and will prevent others from having to repeat themselves in a second thread on the subject.

PPP is nothing like a football board. This forum keeps politics out of The Stadium Wall. We are here because we all have an interest in politics. You'll find that there are some very knowledgeable people here from all walks of life. Any fuzzy thinking or bs will get you torn to shreds. We are self moderated so most anything goes except blatant racism and obtuse crusading.

This is one of those topics that I avoid getting to deeply immersed in, but enjoy reading the back & forth. Although I'm very interested in history, it's not my forte. I know a little about a little, and that's pretty much it. As far as the civil war is concerned, I understand the basics, but detailed discussion is something I leave to others.

That link I posted will give you a good primer on what most people around here have to say on the topic, and will prevent others from having to repeat themselves in a second thread on the subject.

I gotcha man

I really didn't even want to discuss the Civil War

Too much baggage

Now what I have always enjoyed are the crazy similarities between Abe Lincoln and JFK

Both were shot when accompanied by their wives

Both lost a child in office

Both assassin's were known by 3 names ( John Wilkes booth, Lee Harvey Oswald)

Both assassin's were killed before trial

Lincoln was shot in Ford theatre

Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln made by Ford

I could go on lol

What would Martin Luther King have said about John Brown? Violence vs Non-Violence

Martin Luther King would have told him that HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD

WILL DIE BY IT

Edited by Buffalo716

I gotcha man

Too much baggage

Now what I have always enjoyed are the crazy similarities between Abe Lincoln and JFK

I could go on lol

Martin Luther King would have told him that HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD

WILL DIE BY IT

And Old John Brown would have said that the crimes of this guilty nation can only be washed out but with blood!

Had the war not happened in the 60's things would have changed very dramatically after that in many ways. Bessemer steel would have meant even more powerful weapons AND a more powerful northern economy. I suspect the cotton would have dropped in price, also as it was being grown in other places. Would slavery have ended on its own in that case? Then what?

And Old John Brown would have said that the crimes of this guilty nation can only be washed out but with blood!

Had the war not happened in the 60's things would have changed very dramatically after that in many ways. Bessemer steel would have meant even more powerful weapons AND a more powerful northern economy. I suspect the cotton would have dropped in price, also as it was being grown in other places. Would slavery have ended on its own in that case? Then what?

I fully 100% agree with you that the war had to be fought to end slavery

Those rich old plantation owners weren't going to give up their "property"

Truly it was desperate causes for a desperate measure

Slavery had to be eradicated

I gotcha man

Too much baggage

I could go on lol

Martin Luther would have told him that HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD

WILL DIE BY IT

I lived in Irving TX for approximately eight months back in 1997-1998 and worked in down town Dallas. Coming in from the suburbs, I would drive to the park & ride and take a bus in and out of the city. Every afternoon I took the same route home, and it wasn't until a couple of weeks before I moved back to Austin that I realized that I rode home every single day right past the book depository and Dealey Plaza, straight over the "X" painted in the road where JFK had been shot.

I was very young when he was assassinated - I had just turned six, but I remember it quite well despite my age. Needless to say I felt like a bit of an imbecile when I realized how frequently I had passed over a spot that I've seen countless times in documentaries and news reels.

I lived in Irving TX for approximately eight months back in 1997-1998 and worked in down town Dallas. Coming in from the suburbs, I would drive to the park & ride and take a bus in and out of the city. Every afternoon I took the same route home, and it wasn't until a couple of weeks before I moved back to Austin that I realized that I rode home every single day right past the book depository and Dealey Plaza, straight over the "X" painted in the road where JFK had been shot.

I was very young when he was assassinated - I had just turned six, but I remember it quite well despite my age. Needless to say I felt like a bit of an imbecile when I realized how frequently I had passed over a spot that I've seen countless times in documentaries and news reels.

Since JFK is being discussed...

Do you believe in the lone gunman story?

Or

Are you a conspiracy guy?

I fully 100% agree with you that the war had to be fought to end slavery

Those rich old plantation owners weren't going to give up their "property"

Truly it was desperate causes for a desperate measure

Slavery had to be eradicated

It went well beyond just the plantation owners giving up their property. The slave trade was still booming, and making people on multiple continents rich beyond measure, despite it being outlawed in 1808.

Despite the numerous legal acts taken and wars fought, slavery has existed since time began and continues to exist to this day in this very country.

It went well beyond just the plantation owners giving up their property. The slave trade was still booming, and making people on multiple continents rich beyond measure, despite it being outlawed in 1808.

Despite the numerous legal acts taken and wars fought, slavery has existed since time began and continues to exist to this day in this very country.

My great great grandmother was abducted outside Ellis island in the late 1800s and sold into sex slavery

Since JFK is being discussed...

Do you believe in the lone gunman story?

Or

Are you a conspiracy guy?

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but I don't close my mind to them either. The best way to sum up my take on the Kennedy assassination is that it's a lot more believable to me that there was more to the Kennedy assassination than there is to any 911 false-flag conspiracy. But that's just me.

My great great grandmother was abducted outside Ellis island in the late 1800s and sold into sex slavery

:lol:

I'm not much of a conspiracy guy, but I don't close my mind to them either. The best way to sum up my take on the Kennedy assassination is that it's a lot more believable to me that there was more to the Kennedy assassination than there is to any 911 false-flag conspiracy. But that's just me.

:lol:

She was a blonde 15 year old girl from Germany!

So I always laugh at the notion that there were no white slaves