Best US History Sources

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My own grassy knoll theory is the mob did it because Kennedy was screwing the Sam Giancana's girlfriend.

The mob was involved, clearly with Ruby's role.

At face value, Ruby's murder of Oswald does seem to implicate the Mafia.

But if you look at Ruby's timeline that day, it's either a series of coincidences or the Conspiracy includes either the Telephone Company or two individuals placing a call from one of Ruby's strippers home and the other receiving the call at Ruby's home at the same time that Oswald was originally scheduled to be transferred. The Armored Car company that sent a car too big to enter the Dallas PD garage. The Dallas PD for lax security while they maneuvered the truck out of the garage where Oswald entered. And Western Union for processing a wire transfer to the stripper and providing a time stamped receipt.

Too many moving parts and potential leaks.

The mob was involved, clearly with Ruby's role.

But not even the mob has the reach to pull of what was done in Dallas that day. They couldn't get secret service to alter its protocols in the ways that were done prior to the shooting. Whatever role the mob played in the shooting (imo) it wasn't running point. That was (more than likely) Allen Dulles and his paperclip Nazi war criminals.

Not to turn this into the Deep State thread, but this goes to my overall point about the very nature of this group: it's not monolithic in structure or personnel. It fights with itself as much as anything else, and rarely does it unify to accomplish specific goals. Kennedy's assassination is one of those rare times where multiple elements of this group worked in concert... because Kennedy was threatening to destroy their means of control.

(again, imo)

You know about this?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662

Rick Atkinson's WW2 series on US involvement have been good for this unlettered reader who reads 100 pages a day a minimum.

For a perfect study on how Congress and the US Gov't work/doesn't work, read Caro's installment on LBJ's years in the Senate, things never change but he was able to perfect jobbing it and take a lot of that ability to the White House.

Rick Atkinson's WW2 series on US involvement have been good for this unlettered reader who reads 100 pages a day a minimum.

For a perfect study on how Congress and the US Gov't work/doesn't work, read Caro's installment on LBJ's years in the Senate, things never change but he was able to perfect jobbing it and take a lot of that ability to the White House.

Atkinson's great. He's everything that hack Stephen Ambrose wishes he could have been.

Wrong historical era, though.

Atkinson's great. He's everything that hack Stephen Ambrose wishes he could have been.

Wrong historical era, though.

I read his third volume and just loved it. I was reading the second one with the war in Italy and it just got so depressing and gory I had to stop. Boy, the Germans sure destroyed Italy as they retreated. What a waste war is...