Things Taylor did on the field in 2016 that kept him around

He's a slightly better Alex Smith in my opinion. Slightly better because of his big play ability.

Alex Smith was able to obtain 2 2nd round picks for SF in a trade with KC. Tyrod Taylor wouldn't get even 1 second rounder.

Edited by jeffismagic

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good back-and-forth on Tyrod from a couple posters in this one.

Thanks for the info, fellas.

There's still hope for Tyrod, but odds are that he's hit his ceiling. Decent QB with some flashiness that could help the Bills end the streak. Gotta get the defense back in order.

Cam Newton won the MVP with Ted Ginn as his #1.

Matt Ryan was still pretty good when Julio Jones went down.

Can Newton is a bizarre case, he actually got worse when Kelvin Benjamin came back. I don't know, weird stuff happens. Matt Schaub was a top 10 QB for a while. But this is why I want to see how far QBs regress on average with their top receivers out. I would keep it to same-season to make sure it wasn't a weird case like that.

Can Newton is a bizarre case, he actually got worse when Kelvin Benjamin came back. I don't know, weird stuff happens. Matt Schaub was a top 10 QB for a while. But this is why I want to see how far QBs regress on average with their top receivers out. I would keep it to same-season to make sure it wasn't a weird case like that.

More on Carolina OL then Benjamin imo. They struggled all year long.

QBs and WRs need to have chemistry; be in synch.

Even if a backup is open, sometimes the timing is off. Even if a starter comes back, it takes time attain good chemistry again.

You know?

It's false?

Wait, so you're saying he did have his top WRs despite the fact that Woods and Watkins missed a combined 11 games this NFL season?

Are you saying that Goodwin, Hunter, Powell, and Tate are his top WRs? I know you can't be saying that, because the fact that he didn't have his top WRs is 100% true.

So, what you must be saying is that all those other guys were constantly open in the way true #1 and #2 WRs get open... am I right?

If that's what you're saying, I think you should spend some time going and watching #1 and #2 WRs across the NFL and examine not only how they get open but the types of contested catches and plays those guys make on the NFL field. Heck, you can just examine Watkins and Woods themselves.

There's a reason Taylor was significantly better as a passer in every statistical category when he had both Woods and Watkins on the field.

Sure, you can point to individual plays where those other scrubs got open. But you aren't providing the context of your argument when you do that... are they getting as open as consistently as #1 and #2 WRs across the NFL? How often do those other QBs across the NFL simply not throw a pass to those guys?

That's what you really need to look at.

Your argument is one I've seen made by Thurm when we were over at BBMB. And it's an argument in a vacuum, with absolutely no context whatsoever.

Provide the context if you want. Otherwise you're just making a claim that has little meaning.

CoT'er.

Cute. At least it's creative, if childish.

Watch an All 22 sometime.

Watch an All 22 sometime.

Is the All 22 supposed to tell us what the exact play call was on any given play?

P.S. As I have told you MANY times.....you could run that all 22 on every qb in the league and it would look like they are missing open receivers.

Maybe not to you. To the Bills they are.

OK....once again I will ask this......you speak like you know what is going on up at obd

Do you have an inside source? If you dont then stop acting like you do.

Is the All 22 supposed to tell us what the exact play call was on any given play?

P.S. As I have told you MANY times.....you could run that all 22 on every qb in the league and it would look like they are missing open receivers.

OK....once again I will ask this......you speak like you know what is going on up at obd

It has been widely reported who the Bills were looking at once they decided not to pick up the option. Ignore it if you want.

That is not what I asked

You are specifically stating what the bills brass are thinking.....unless you have an inside source then you are stating an opinion

State it as such

I thought what I stated was obvious since we all see the same reports.

We don't know the play call but it shows he's not doing a good job scanning the field....unless you think Taylor was intended to be a one or two read QB.

Yes all QB's miss open receivers but they also capitalize (at least the good ones) very often as well. Hovering 2 years in a row at the bottom of the league in passing....we struggled. Anthony Lynn stated our passing game wasn't there all season at the end of last year. He wanted a better passing game, in his own words "it would have opened out offense more".