Earbuds/Headset reviews

Beast

I got a pair of Jabra Move wireless headphones. I like them. Not as loud as the earbuds I'd cram in my ears but that's a good thing.

I bought a pair of these for my son.

They were rated higher than Beats and less than half the price.

Of course, middle school life hit and ass hole kids gave him schit for wearing headphones that they'd never heard of. He stopped using them.

For his next birthday, we got him wireless Beats. They do sound good, but not any better than the Jabras. And the Jabras are proving to be more durable.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earbuds are frightening - way too easy to damage your ear.

for regular listening, i bought v-modas. bought them for my daughter too. i'm not sure if !@#$ kids gave her a hard time but her headphones beat beats any day of the week and she knows it. they are tough, great sounding headphones.

I wanted to get away from buds in my ear (and sometimes falling out) as well as wires hanging around & that's why I like the Bluez2. Pic shows they use the jawbone for noise conduction. Similar technology used in cochlear implants. 7947fd3ac91cda2e807f25e012dc398e.jpg

Edited by Mr Info

I bought a pair of these for my son.

They were rated higher than Beats and less than half the price.

Of course, middle school life hit and ass hole kids gave him schit for wearing headphones that they'd never heard of. He stopped using them.

For his next birthday, we got him wireless Beats. They do sound good, but not any better than the Jabras. And the Jabras are proving to be more durable.

Well that's good news. And it's also good to not give a **** what other people think. :D

Well that's good news. And it's also good to not give a **** what other people think. :D

In the year since this went down, he's gotten much better at not giving a **** what other people think. It's a tough concept to sell a middle school kid surrounded by ass hole kids raised by ass hole parents.

I wanted to get away from buds in my ear (and sometimes falling out) as well as wires hanging around & that's why I like the Bluez2. Pic shows they use the jawbone for noise conduction. Similar technology used in cochlear implants.

Cochlear implants have electrodes attached to your cochlear nerve...these use bone induction. Not similar.

That said - how do you like the sound compared to traditional headphones?

I disgree a bit as they both use bone conduction so they are similar. https://aftershokz.com/pages/general-faqs

The sound is not as good as quality earbuds. But I find them to better than adequate. I will use headphones or nice earbuds for intense sound. But I find I use these a lot more as I usually want to be aware of my surroundings when I am exercising indoors & outdoors and when on the job.

I disgree a bit as they both use bone conduction so they are similar. https://aftershokz.com/pages/general-faqs

The sound is not as good as quality earbuds. But I find them to better than adequate. I will use headphones or nice earbuds for intense sound. But I find I use these a lot more as I usually want to be aware of my surroundings when I am exercising indoors & outdoors and when on the job.

the headphones use bone conduction, yes. cochlear implants don't. they use electrodes connected directly to the nerve, bypassing most of the human hearing system entirely. people who need cochlear implants wouldn't get much out of bone conduction.

I want to be aware of my surroundings while listening as well, and opted for "on ear" headphones (the V-MODA's). my exercise of choice is swimming though...i've got to check out some waterproof bone conduction headphones!

• 3 months later...

Have these to run/bike in...great as they allow you to still hear noise and stay alert on the road. Great purchase!

https://aftershokz.com/

Just a note of thanks for bringing these to my attention. I must be the only person in the world who can't keep buds in his ear when I'm running. I've had more success with Yurbuds, but even they would slide out from sweat, etc.

Finally bought the Aftershokz Titanium and took them out for a run this week. Comfortable, stayed in place, good audio quality, and after taking a couple of calls on them, was surprised at the quality of the mics (so I was told).

On a somewhat related sidenote, I have really come to appreciate the advances that give us streaming music of our choice or making, wireless headsets, apps for tracking workouts, etc. It seems like yesterday when I was stoked to be running with my new Discman with anti-skip technology.

I can see where it would be much safer if you drop your earbuds and run over them with the lawn mower while they're tethered to the phone in your pocket.

then I'd have to be under 4 foot tall or have a 5 foot cord. 6 foot of it was a walk behind

I heard someone joke about holders for cordless earbuds. I guess my reply didn't hit the mark.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Beats Solo 2's and I've sent them back 3 times. They told me that it was within the headphone but I've come to learn that it's the cord. Now, I have to wiggle it from time to time to make sure that the full sound is coming through both ears. When they work, they are great.

im very curious about the wireless earbuds.

won't ever be an ihipster. apple = soccer = gay

i'd be ccurious about earin. kanoa is totally a crock, unfortunately.

Beats Solo 2's and I've sent them back 3 times. They told me that it was within the headphone but I've come to learn that it's the cord. Now, I have to wiggle it from time to time to make sure that the full sound is coming through both ears. When they work, they are great.

beats are turrible.

My first love with Earbuds were the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10s, but unfortunately after Logitech bought UE they basically discontinued all their good earbuds and turned them into a Bluetooth Speaker company / pro custom IEMs only.

What I loved about the Super Fi.5 EB and the Triple.Fi 10s is they had a multi-driver setup with a driver specifically setup for bass, so it was wonderful for electronic music. The TripleFi 10s full range was excellent.

I ended up buying a pair of SONY MDR-XB90EX off of Amazon, which is a Japan only model with a built in sub. They're... okay, but certainly don't have the great fidelity range of the TripleFi 10s.

These seem like the best alternative for a currently supported product: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE535-V-Isolating-Definition-MicroDrivers/dp/B003NSBKT6

I might just spend half the money and pick up an old pair of TripleFi.10s off of Ebay tho.

Anyone else have a suggestion?