Wanna Tank? Make it interesting..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm enjoying it and you've posted 4 times in this very thread. Loving some hating.

Typical of BBMB. It might be the reason the Bills shut it down. They didn't want anyone to see how idiotic and childish their fans were. "Loving some hating". How old are you?

New Era, you're still sniffing around this thread. Here's the deal man. I made this thread to encourage a creative outlet for the worst case scenario, a lost season.

I proposed rose colored glasses and asked the question how could this team continue to be interesting if we hit this rock bottom?

I named 3 quarterbacks who never shake the limelight and could put butts in seats.

Johnny, RG3, Vince Young...

Would that keep you invested in this team?

If so which QB..

Trying to keep it light guys.

A player like McCoy would want out if they tanked.

Again, why do you trust Whaley to make the correct choice?

I don't trust Whaley at all but he has only taken 1 shot at it and supposedly it wasn't completely his choice, nothing we can do about the GM so I'd like to see him sink or swim with his version of a franchise QB. I'm banking on Whaley choosing Deshone Kizer (who I'm not a fan of at all) a prototypical big armed, somehwat mobile QB who has accuracy issues (To me Kizer is the EJ Manuel in this draft imo), I would select Watson, the guy is just a winner.

Need to end up with the 1 or 2 pick. The options you listed would help that. I think Cardale would be a better option to go 2-14 and he'd be just as intriguing to many. I'd love to go all in for Rosen or Darnold but I think too many teams are on par or worse than the Bills with or without Taylor.

New Era, you're still sniffing around this thread. Here's the deal man. I made this thread to encourage a creative outlet for the worst case scenario, a lost season.

I proposed rose colored glasses and asked the question how could this team continue to be interesting if we hit this rock bottom?

I named 3 quarterbacks who never shake the limelight and could put butts in seats.

If so which QB..

honestly, I see none of those three filling seats. if anything, it would prevent some from renewing their seasons. one head case and two failed prospects wont sell tickets imo...

If so which QB..

I'm always INterested in the Bills. I'd watch every game 2-3 times even if we were 0-16. None of the QBs you mentioned would put any fans in the seats. They're all bums at this point and would prefer to see cardale start. We've said all of this before in other threads

honestly, I see none of those three filling seats. if anything, it would prevent some from renewing their seasons. one head case and two failed prospects wont sell tickets imo...

Any one of those three would cause me to give up tickets.

I'd be willing to guess that 95%+ of the people on this board who say "tank for Darnold" have not watched more than 2 of his games. Just sheep following the herd.

As was mentioned earlier, pretty much every year next year's QB class will be better...until they are not. While Darnold is good, he is no Luck, Manning, Elway type can't miss prospect (and Manning may not have been either). It's useless to intentionally tank in football unless you have that level of QB prospect. There is just too much uncertainty in wins/losses as well as in the draft.

As for the OP, there is no chance any of those guys is going to achieve the main goal, winning the Super Bowl. So no, it's not worth it to kick those tires IMO.

Edited by Mark80

If a team wants a QB bad enough , they trade up , giving up a lot of picks.

Tanking kills the morale of the players and fans.

We will see how the Browns are in a few years though.

If so which QB..

Johnny Manziel/Rg3/Vince Young ? I rather invest with Madoff.