Wanna Tank? Make it interesting..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't bring back Kyle for one more year if you were planning on tanking.

Yeah, when I heard Kyle Williams talking on WGR earlier this week, he seemed pretty sure that the Bills were not tearing it down and that the playoffs were the goal next season.

For anyone who hasn't heard his interview, it's a good listen. Here's the link -

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/23028858.php?contentType=4&contentId=19073090

I'd highly recommend listening to the entire interview (and especially the last few minutes), but if you just want to hear the rebuld/playoff talk, you can skip to (roughly) 3:20 and 5:20.

1. I made no mention of Darnold or any specific player to tank for and again this thread pertains to the 3 QBs listed, would you want them or think they would give this team something to talk about?

2. I'm stating that if Tyrod goes and we drop a number of players that significantly contribute to this team we will need to drum up interest somehow.

3. Since when is it rude to enter dialogue with people who have similar interests and continue this conversation as the thread unfolds.

4. Negative attention for sharing an off the wall idea or opinion? Cmon dude, get real.

5. Breathe

How does a team tank?

Only way for a team to tank is to have a crap HC like Rex Ryan that doesn't coach utilizing his player strengths properly.

I can't say for sure but..

Releasing or trading high profile players and replacing them with less talented ones would be a way of fielding a below average team. This would also help us accrue picks and relieve our salary cap. Sure a coach can make a difference but without the same level of talent you're always the underdog, squeaking out a win or two. I agree, Rex was terrible and his coaching/scheme made good players look awful. And the 3 QBs listed you'd assume would have a less likely chance of succeeding than Tyrod, maybe even less than Cardale.

That's the only way I can see us tanking successfully.

I want to see GM Doug Whaleys version of a franchise QB once again, why is it this franchise only takes 2 QB's in the 1st round in the past 17 year playoff drought? Whaley missed heavily on EJ Manuel, some say it wasn't his pick but I beg to differ, I want him to take another shoI and I think there is a franchise QB in this draft class, can he find him is the question?

No more mediocre, no more castoffs, no more trading for other teams older vets, lets draft a QB and develop him into a playoff and beyond contender and that's what the good GM's do is draft the correct players for his system and thats what the good coaches do, they put the players in the best system to win.

I can't say for sure but..

Releasing or trading high profile players and replacing them with less talented ones would be a way of fielding a below average team. This would also help us accrue picks and relieve our salary cap. Sure a coach can make a difference but without the same level of talent you're always the underdog, squeaking out a win or two. I agree, Rex was terrible and his coaching/scheme made good players look awful. And the 3 QBs listed you'd assume would have a less likely chance of succeeding than Tyrod, maybe even less than Cardale.

That's the only way I can see us tanking successfully.

We'd have to get rid of our O-line and McCoy. Just not sure tank is possible with the players we still have on the roster.

Im not even sure how you pull a full tank in the NFL. The Browns tank really has been a multi year process brought on by a few seasons of the combination of bad decisions and bad luck. I highly doubt our roster is bad enough for a full on tank. It just dosent seem realistic. It dosent seem possible or a good idea.

Plus, after the messy Sabres tank, i cant see how the Pegulas would have the stomach for a Bills tank. Were better off trading away our draft for the first or second overall, that to think we can be bad enough to go 2-14, or 3-13.

I would have to bet McD wouldn't be for it as a start to his career as a HC? I would rather they add to the roster through draft and fa and show some signs of contention. seen enough losing seasons as it is and doing it intentionally to save on cap space and acquire draft picks just doesn't seem to be as rewarding as the OP would like to believe?

not trying to be negative about a negative situation, I can see where you were going with it and with good intent, just don't see it happening with this team?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1. I made no mention of Darnold or any specific player to tank for and again this thread pertains to the 3 QBs listed, would you want them or think they would give this team something to talk about?

2. I'm stating that if Tyrod goes and we drop a number of players that significantly contribute to this team we will need to drum up interest somehow.

3. Since when is it rude to enter dialogue with people who have similar interests and continue this conversation as the thread unfolds.

4. Negative attention for sharing an off the wall idea or opinion? Cmon dude, get real.

5. Breathe

You're off to a great start.....at failing

I'd rather see a tank run over this thread

I lol'd irl

A player like McCoy would want out if they tanked.

I want to see GM Doug Whaleys version of a franchise QB once again, why is it this franchise only takes 2 QB's in the 1st round in the past 17 year playoff drought? Whaley missed heavily on EJ Manuel, some say it wasn't his pick but I beg to differ, I want him to take another shoI and I think there is a franchise QB in this draft class, can he find him is the question?

No more mediocre, no more castoffs, no more trading for other teams older vets, lets draft a QB and develop him into a playoff and beyond contender and that's what the good GM's do is draft the correct players for his system and thats what the good coaches do, they put the players in the best system to win.

Again, why do you trust Whaley to make the correct choice?

Because Darnold. Better than anything we have had since Kelly... maybe even better than Kelly. He might stay another year in the NFL, but it's worth the risk. Darnold is a once in a life time type QB. You're a nut job if you think there is a better option than trying everything possible to land him.

No tank

Draft rookie qb at 10 or trade up and let's break in the future.

It's a 6 win team with or without wasting money on TT

And there's a tank for Darnold thread these comments belong in.

yes. tank for Darnold. go right to the bottom. cut TT , save the $$