The rational of prolonging the tyrod decision

Coaches and the Front Office are fighting behind the scenes.

One group wants to keep him, because he offers the best chance to win now, and the other wants to cut him.

If we keep Taylor, it will show that the Bills are fully behind McDermott. If they cut him, it shows Brandon and Whaley are still in control.

Why those two are still employed by OBD is a shame on the Pegulas.

prolonging it just leads to more speculation. personally, I can buy the fact that McD needed to have as much time as he could knowing the risks of letting him go vs the risks of keeping him. I don't think it's as much a contract deal as it is whether he/they feel they can find a better option through the draft/fa? most feel they can't, some believe they can, myself, I just want the right decision and can only hope it's the right one? I don't really like the idea of a rookie, only a couple of the QBs in this draft seem to have some upside but none seem to have that "it factor" when transitioning to the next level. as for the fa's, nothing there of any real significant level of improvement other than the veteran who has all the experience to get the job done, but can he make it through 16 games?

I can respect McD taking his time about it, after all this is his first year and it could set the tone going forward in his career. we could know something as soon as weds but it looks more likely they will keep everyone guessing right up to the 3-11 deadline...?

prolonging it just leads to more speculation. personally, I can buy the fact that McD needed to have as much time as he could knowing the risks of letting him go vs the risks of keeping him. I don't think it's as much a contract deal as it is whether he/they feel they can find a better option through the draft/fa? most feel they can't, some believe they can, myself, I just want the right decision and can only hope it's the right one? I don't really like the idea of a rookie, only a couple of the QBs in this draft seem to have some upside but none seem to have that "it factor" when transitioning to the next level. as for the fa's, nothing there of any real significant level of improvement other than the veteran who has all the experience to get the job done, but can he make it through 16 games?

I can respect McD taking his time about it, after all this is his first year and it could set the tone going forward in his career. we could know something as soon as weds but it looks more likely they will keep everyone guessing right up to the 3-11 deadline...?

I don't see how anything is going to change for McDermott between now and the deadline.

He probably knows what he wants to do by now. The question is whether or not that lines up with what the FO want to do.

I don't see how anything is going to change for McDermott between now and the deadline.

He probably knows what he wants to do by now. The question is whether or not that lines up with what the FO want to do.

Pretty sure Whaley does not want TT. So he is already in conflict with another new HC. Yet he keeps his job.

This is what these BBMB kids did, they made a thousand threads thinking they all had something original. This site is screwed TBH if you want these new folks to follow the rules.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I try to be respectful so forgive me if I seem to be stepping on yours. relax man, I know this wave of refugees has kind of had a shock feel to it with all the new faces coming on board.

but as you may find out, a good majority are good people who can add and share their perspectives/views/opinions to the discussion that have the same passion as those here for the buffalo bills.

this is your home and we would like to thank you for having us and it should be clear, very clear to all those who have made there way here to be respectful and abide by the format that has made this a great home for you and your fellow members. change can be good, in time.

I can only imagine how it has made some feel here but rest assure I don't believe it will be as bad as you may foresee it once the dust settles. I'm sure those who don't take the advice from the long standing members will be shown the door.

even without the recent rush you likely still would have a straggler now and then to deal with, hopefully the number will be low of said stragglers. I apologize in advance if I stepped out of line with this post and hope those who have come recently can and will hold the same respect I do, which I'm sure many will.

I am 100% in support of learning to use the search feature to avoid duplicating and cluttering the board with the same topic.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Of course, we should keep in mind that the notion of in-fighting and indecision at OBD is based on the speculation of one or two sports writers grasping for anything to write about in the deafening silence of February.

The rationale is you should have added this to one of the other 8 Tyrod threads.

Don't need another one.

That was the biggest prob at bbmb...

Starting redundant threads for the sake of feeling important.

Does not make sense. Part of me can't wait for the Ty decision so it's not the lightning rod, but I know something else will take it's place.

I don't understand the lack of use of the search function. Or in Tyrod threads case, scroll halfway down the page and you have several to choose from.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I try to be respectful so forgive me if I seem to be stepping on yours. relax man, I know this wave of refugees has kind of had a shock feel to it with all the new faces coming on board. but as you may find out, a good majority are good people who can add and share their perspectives/views/opinions to the discussion that have the same passion as those here for the buffalo bills. this is your home and we would like to thank you for having us and it should be clear, very clear to all those who have made there way here to be respectful and abide by the format that has made this a great home for you and your fellow members. change can be good, in time. I can only imagine how it has made some feel here but rest assure I don't believe it will be as bad as you may foresee it once the dust settles. I'm sure those who don't take the advice from the long standing members will be shown the door. even without the recent rush you likely still would have a straggler now and then to deal with, hopefully the number will be low of said stragglers. I apologize in advance if I stepped out of line with this post and hope those who have come recently can and will hold the same respect I do, which I'm sure many will.

I am 100% in support of learning to use the search feature to avoid duplicating and cluttering the board with the same topic.

Paragraphs also help with clutter.

If you separate your points with paragraphs it's much much easier to read.

The rationale is that there is no reason to make a decision before the deadline. Go over every option and wait it out to see what other teams have done with their qb situations. There's a chance a better one plays out

Sure. And if they're negotiating with TT to restructure his contract, it makes no sense to publicly commit to him until the deal is done.

The Bills supposedly want to restructure and the only leverage they have is that Tyrod wants to stay in Buffalo. Why take that little bit of leverage away?

Of course, we should keep in mind that the notion of in-fighting and indecision at OBD is based on the speculation of one or two sports writers grasping for anything to write about in the deafening silence of February.

Yep. One reporter, just speculating, says the Bills intend to keep TT. Another reporter, just speculating, says the Bills intend to cut/trade TT. Next reporter, looking at those two reports, says Bills can't make up their minds.

In fact, none of these reports are based on any inside information whatsoever.

I think the Bills are waiting till the deadline because there's no good business reason not to wait till the deadline. But there may indeed be some disagreement. Fans and football gurus alike are divided on Tyrod, why not OBD too?

I apologize for the redundant posting. Let's try something else.

If you could have a beer with any bills player past or present who would it be?

In your defense, you're probably not aware of the 1,063 Tyrod threads that preceded yours this off-season.

Jack Kemp.