Only 2 Outcomes in 2017 and Possibly Going Forward

The Browns have been tanking for 20 years. It just shows how much tanking actually helps a franchise.

and the browns are idiotic for not drafting a qb.

they could have had wentz and passed because they thought rg3 had gotten good again.

that is eerily similar to the incompetency the bills have displayed during the drought

If Sam Darnold (1) comes out of school after next season, and (2) is the second coming of Bom Trady, then I'd be OK with a tank.

no doubt in my mind he declares. he would be an idiot not too. you don't want to risk an injury the next year and lose your #1 draft status.

This topic idea is not a new one. We went a few rounds on it a while ago, but I'm not going to be a dick and try to force this back into an older thread

Look.

Honestly, I think a tank this season is a bad play. It is simply a bad year to try for it. The superior year would be 2018

We have too many contracts that yield us nothing. Dareus, Clay, Hughes and Shady give us nothing. The time when it might give us any profit is 2018 If we want to tank in 2018, keeping Kyle this year does no harm to 2019.

I am not in favor of a tank any year. But tanking this year would be exceptionally stupid.

I think this is the perfect season. We have a voidable QB contract. A young qb (cardale) that we can see what he has to offer. We have an incredibly tough schedule..... as it looks right now. We have a new HC, he can see who he likes dislikes. A second year HC certainty wouldn't want to tank. A crappy year in year 2 and most Hcs are fired. There's a promising qb class next year....as it looks right now. We are in a difficult cap situation and only 6 picks meanwhile we have a multitude of free agents, 3 of which were pro bowlers and several more that were rotational players, not just benchwarmers.

If it's ever to be a plan to tank, imo, this is the perfect storm for such a thing.

I'm not sure any team can guarantee a tank after a slow start

For example the Bills worst season in the last decade was in 2010 when they went 4-12

If you remember they started 0-8

I guess you're saying they should have thrown in the towel and kept losing games

But they didn't

They actually played .500 in the 2nd half and went 4-4

They were tough to beat, lol

And in doing so they lost the opportunity to draft Cam Newton and or Von Miller

jc

I am of the opposite opinion, from what I am reading none of the 2017 draft class are starters, so we are potentially just wasting a pick on a future Geno or EJM, rinse and repeat, the smarter long term move is acquiring extra draft picks for 2018 and using them to move up to grab that QB

To do that you have to allow more FA's to depart than signing back to ensure at least one extra 3rd round compensatory pick, plus trading down this year to get another high extra pick next year, hopefully giving you 5 picks in the first 3 rounds

Now I could handle sucking with Brian Hoyer if DW executes that plan, but its gonna be very painful if our Bills instead draft one of the QB's, still has them sit behind Hoyer

Then again neither of us fans are right or wrong, who knows how this will play out and what the right football moves really are...

jc

Can he really do that? Are fans willing to just give up a season of bad football? How does Russ sell that to season ticket holders?

Honestly? He doesn't have to sell it. Bills fans flock no matter what. They can win 1 game, seats will still be mostly full.

11-5+ or 2-14

I really don't want any other outcome than either of these two outcomes and I am hoping that Whaley still has enough power to be micromanaging this season so that when the time comes he can either pull the plug to ensure the 2-14 or add something to help push towards 11-5 or better.

I know this isn't the other sports...but the Bills can definitely make decisions that would help a cause to if the first 5-6 games go a certain way.

You are a dumb ass in your thought process, and your ability to form coherent sentences. I can not imagine anything worse than watching your team go thru a 2-14 season. It is embarrasing and humiliating. Being the joke of the NFL should not be anyones goal. (you want that go root for the Browns)

11-5+ or 2-14

I really don't want any other outcome than either of these two outcomes and I am hoping that Whaley still has enough power to be micromanaging this season so that when the time comes he can either pull the plug to ensure the 2-14 or add something to help push towards 11-5 or better.

I know this isn't the other sports...but the Bills can definitely make decisions that would help a cause to if the first 5-6 games go a certain way.

Percentage chance of getting one of those ... 10%, probably.

If we cut Tyrod we won't be that bad and if we keep him we won't be that good and won't have the money to bring in the kind of players who could make that kind of difference. Wildly unlikely. Hate to say it but the likely outcome is yet another Buffalo Bills type season, 5 - 8 wins.

You are a dumb ass in your thought process, and your ability to form coherent sentences. I can not imagine anything worse than watching your team go thru a 2-14 season. It is embarrasing and humiliating. Being the joke of the NFL should not be anyones goal. (you want that go root for the Browns)

It would not be the goal.

Assuming we have a 2 win season, and the odds are spectacularly low unfortunately, it wouldn't be the goal. It would be the method, part of the road towards the goal.. The goal would be reaching Super Bowl contention in the next three or four years.

I think you guys are too close to tank. Shore up the right side of the oline. Get some help at safety. Pick up Taylors option. You might still end up with 8-9 wins, but you will be competitive.

As a Bills fan, I know I'm dying for another 8 - 9 win season.

But I agree that's the sort of neighborhood we'd be looking at with Tyrod, most likely.

Edited by Thurman#1