My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

The OP for one...

Well

A. You don't know that.

B: You called at least two of those dudes "attention whores" before getting dunked on

So not sure where the "I'm usually right" confidence comes from. From what I've seen, it looks like the opposite.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well

A. You don't know that.

B: You called at least two of those dudes "attention whores" before getting dunked on

So not sure where the "I'm usually right" confidence comes from. From what I've seen, it looks like the opposite.

I agree we shouldn't discourage people who post inside info, but look at the nature of the post. This is clearly a lamp post with the "you heard it here first".

I agree we shouldn't discourage people who post inside info, but look at the nature of the post. This is clearly a lamp post with the "you heard it here first".

There's certainly that possibility. But I'll put up with the clown act if the info is real. Leroi is quite provacative with his info as well, and he's legit.

This has nothing to do with should or shouldn't. It has to do with the possibility.

Here are a number of players gotten rid of while productive:

Shady

Jamie Collins

Chandler Jones

Brandon Marshall

Percy Harvin

Jimmy Graham

Matt Forte

Cooks

Boldin

Torrey Smith

That's all in the last 3 years. I'm sorry, but if you think Lesean McCoy was untouchable this offseason depending on our direction, I think you're crazy.

I wouldn't put Harvin in with the rest of these guys as he was hardly healthy, and effectively useless as the Bills discovered.

That said, you don't get rid off weapons for nothing, unless you are replacing it with something capable, or are in cap purgatory.

collins was traded because he was asking for more $ and the pats could absorb his loss, and the same applies with jones.

Marshall has to be a locker room cancer considering how many teams have dumped him.

The Seahawks traded a first and a pro bowl center to the Saints for Graham. That is a great deal for NO, as they had a lot of weapons for Brees.

Forte, I'll agree with you on.

cooks is a deal where the Saints have two capable receivers in Thomas and Snead, and are getting a 1st rounder back in the process

Boldin was let go because they couldn't afford him and Fitz. That is a no-brainer that you keep Fitz.

Smith tested free agency instead of taking what the Ravens offered.

In almost every case above these teams had capable replacements already on the squad. I like Gillislee, but I don't rate him as highly as Shady, and would question if his stats are more of a byproduct of Shady and Tyrod.

I wouldn't put Harvin in with the rest of these guys as he was hardly healthy, and effectively useless as the Bills discovered.

That said, you don't get rid off weapons for nothing, unless you are replacing it with something capable, or are in cap purgatory.

collins was traded because he was asking for more $ and the pats could absorb his loss, and the same applies with jones.

Marshall has to be a locker room cancer considering how many teams have dumped him.

The Seahawks traded a first and a pro bowl center to the Saints for Graham. That is a great deal for NO, as they had a lot of weapons for Brees.

Forte, I'll agree with you on.

cooks is a deal where the Saints have two capable receivers in Thomas and Snead, and are getting a 1st rounder back in the process

Boldin was let go because they couldn't afford him and Fitz. That is a no-brainer that you keep Fitz.

Smith tested free agency instead of taking what the Ravens offered.

In almost every case above these teams had capable replacements already on the squad. I like Gillislee, but I don't rate him as highly as Shady, and would question if his stats are more of a byproduct of Shady and Tyrod.

There are hundreds of reasons to get rid of productive players, was the point.

That's a false choice.

Leroi, Freddy poster, the guy who posted about Cordy's kidney, Kirby, K-9, Hokie are all guys who have given credible info. Who are the ones who are just attention whores that you see?

I've heard stories(jokes) about Leroi over at the BBMB.

He was right about the Rex Ryan hiring and then claimed EJ (some Bills Fans favorite kicking post) would be cut withing weeks of Rex's hiring. Yet EJ was still on the roster for the next 2 years.

We've all seen the "replaceable" card. Chris Hogan was replaceable. So was Levitre. Fitz. Until they weren't. On and on it goes.

Fitz is the only guy I would argue against.

Andy Levitre just played in the Super Bowl

Chris Hogan just broke a record for the most receiving yards In playoff game for NE

So, why are you advocating for getting rid of Shady?

I think you're confused.

I've heard stories(jokes) about Leroi over at the BBMB.

He was right about the Rex Ryan hiring and then claimed EJ (some Bills Fans favorite kicking post) would be cut withing weeks of Rex's hiring. Yet EJ was still on the roster for the next 2 years.

Fitz is the only guy I would argue against.

Andy Levitre just played in the Super Bowl

Chris Hogan just broke a record for the most receiving yards In playoff game for NE

You also appear confused.

Leroi also gave us McD and a couple draft picks.

Edited by FireChan

This has nothing to do with should or shouldn't. It has to do with the possibility.

Here are a number of players gotten rid of while productive:

Shady

Jamie Collins

Chandler Jones

Brandon Marshall

Percy Harvin

Jimmy Graham

Matt Forte

Cooks

Boldin

Torrey Smith

That's all in the last 3 years. I'm sorry, but if you think Lesean McCoy was untouchable this offseason depending on our direction, I think you're crazy.

You get rid of talented players when they age, have attitude or injury problems, or become expendable. Shady's 28, has a good attitude, and is far from expendable.

Imagine leading a platoon of soldiers into combat. Most of only have sticks and stones as weapons. One (Watkins) has a pistol. Another (McCoy) has a machine gun. Why would you tell Shady to take his machine gun and leave?

The only scenario where this makes sense is if we were able to trade Shady for a QB who would be a significant upgrade over Tyrod. And that option wasn't out there.

Exactly. Plus the fact that OP went silent when I questioned the timing of this thread, considering it coincided with the twitter nonsense about Shady's instagram post. Put all that together and this sounded like attention whoring from the start.

The few posters we have that have actual occasional inside information are valuable. Sorry but IMO opinion this isn't a place to play make believe and attempt to mislead the board. Goofing on each other is fine (and encouraged!) but s***posting/trolling belongs on reddit.

You get the best chance to take the best QB prospect in the draft with the #1 overall pick.

So we get rid of Shady and tank the season to move up from #10 to #1 next year in the draft? In the wild hope that we hit on that one shot and draft a QB that changes our destiny? Because top 5 QBs are sure things?

If this is the "rebuild" option, I'm glad OBD chose a different course.

When we look back, we see that some drafts don't even have one franchise QB.

So we get rid of Shady and tank the season to move up from #10 to #1 next year in the draft? In the wild hope that we hit on that one shot and draft a QB that changes our destiny? Because top 5 QBs are sure things?

If this is the "rebuild" option, I'm glad OBD chose a different course.

When we look back, we see that some drafts don't even have one franchise QB.

They are certainly closer to sure things.

We also look back and see some drafts with 2 or 3.

They are certainly closer to sure things.

We also look back and see some drafts with 2 or 3.

This is true. But they're not always found in the top of the first round though - granted - the odds are better, the earlier the pick.

I'm just philosophically opposed to tanking. It strikes me as wrong to do anything other try your hardest to win right now.

I also believe you get all the puzzle pieces you can. A good football team needs several good players, not just a QB. I think you get them in whatever order you can find them.

Edited by hondo in seattle