The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

29 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Chris Wallace just said Biden's comments Friday about black people voting for Trump as overblown. In an earlier segment he essentially gave Sugar Nipples  a pass on all the deaths he is responsible for in nursing homes.

I dont even know why I bother

He's a Democrat. Gonna protect his own. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

FOX has their crazy left nut jobs like Juan Williams, Marie Barf and Chris Wallace.

I wonder if this is done on purpose to show how truly crazy the left is or they do this to cow tow to those same leftists to show that they are "fair and balanced".

Which is it?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

FOX has their crazy left nut jobs like Juan Williams, Marie Barf and Chris Wallace.

I wonder if this is done on purpose to show how truly crazy the left is or they do this to cow tow to those same leftists to show that they are "fair and balanced".

Which is it?

...RIP Tony Snow......and Juan Williams got fired by NPR.......'nuff said......

The Doctrine of Media Untruth

by Victor Davis Hanson

Original Article

As a general rule, when the New York Times, the Washington Post, National Public Radio, Public Broadcasting Service, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN begin to parrot a narrative, the truth often is found in simply believing just the opposite.

Put another way, the media’s “truth” is a good guide to what is abjectly false. Perhaps we can call the lesson of this valuable service, the media’s inadvertent ability to convey truth by disguising it with transparent bias and falsehood, the “Doctrine of Media Untruth.”

Take the strange case of the respective records of liberal New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and Florida counterpart Ron DeSantis. Both states have roughly equal populations, with Florida slightly larger by about 2 million. Both have populations that travel daily back and forth between their respective major cities. Both are major international tourist and travel hubs. Both have widely diverse populations.

Both have large numbers of retirees and long-term-care homes. Yet, New York has suffered 14 times the number of coronavirus deaths as has Florida. Florida is now increasingly open, and on May 19 saw 54 deaths attributed to the virus. That same day, New York was completely locked down and yet saw nearly twice that number at 105 deaths.

One would never know from the media of the contrasting fates of the two states during the epidemic.DeSantis is often rendered little more than a reckless leader who exposed Floridians to needless danger. Cuomo, in contrast, increasingly is deified by the media as likely presidential timber who finesses press conferences in the lively fashion of his legendary beloved father, and iconic liberal, Mario Cuomo.

Yet on the principle of media’s commitment to untruth, the public legitimately could deduce from the hagiographic news coverage that the frenetic Cuomo has proven the most incompetent governor in the nation in dealing with the virus. He sent the infected into vulnerable long-term care homes. He neither applied social distancing to, nor cleaned, mass transit. And Cuomo exaggerated his need for some medical supplies, while neglecting shortages in others.

In contrast, the media furor at DeSantis is a good guide to his successes in both mitigating viral fatalities while charting Florida’s path back to economic normality.

The media assures us that failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams is a statuesque heroic figure who is an experienced state politician, a successful polymath, and would be a valuable asset as Joe Biden’s vice-presidential pick, but even better—wink-and-nod—a likely next president.

That new media consensus narrative is best typified by a recent and obsequious promo piece in the Washington Post. So given the media deification and the Doctrine of Media Untruth, we might assume that Abrams never has held statewide office, in incoherent fashion could not concede her legitimate defeat in the last Georgia gubernatorial race, and until recently still had not paid off an enormous credit card, student, and tax debt well over $200,000.

MUCH more at the link;

Trump’s antics simply lured the snails out of their shells and showed the public they were glorified slugs all along.

The New York Times has time and time again reminded us why they are the King of Repugnant when it comes to useless op-eds written so progressive wastes of space can pat themselves on the back for ‘fighting racism.’

Their latest dumpster of awful is a piece they released over Memorial Day weekend accusing the U.S. Military of celebrating white supremacy.

(Why, because they still have bases named for Confederate heroes.)

Ted Cruz, of course, slammed them far better than I can:

FancyIndolentAztecant-small.gif

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...the "news" LONG ago meant Huntley, Brinkley, Cronkite, Edward R et al......RIP fellas and do NOT look up at how your once proud industry has been destroyed.....YOU built it...THEY destroyed it......how sad........

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...um...er....uh....well....oh.......ruminating........praises should be along ...shortly......but Big Fredo told me Trump is responsible for the 4,320+ NYC nursing home deaths because "I just followed the President's orders".....and you thought Gotti was "The Teflon Don"?......this guy is a a lock for the Dems in 2024 because, "honesty is NOT my best policy"......our NYS gem....

Fox’s Wallace Shreds Kayleigh McEnany for Questioning Reporters’ Faith

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-wallace-shreds-kayleigh-mcenany-163357291.html

hehe ...yahoo's top "news story" .....

I can't believe Chrissy gets away with his snowflake nonsense constantly, maybe because his dad?

Everything this guy says oozes with venom towards Trump.

Why doesn't he just go to CNN and get his own opinion show, he's not a newsman

also... I'm not sure who's voice is more annoying, his or Juan's.

Edited by Albwan

45 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I can't believe Chrissy gets away with his snowflake nonsense constantly, maybe because his dad?

I only pay attention to yahoo articles if there's a 'clap back' or a broken internet. 'Shredding' is so 5 years ago. Might as well start calling everything 'groovy' then going to a sock hop.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Yeah the wimp was trying to act like such a tough guy with that, if she "told Sam Donaldson and me what questions we should ask, that would not have gone well." 

I think the Reagan Era press corps was a bit different that the one Trump faces. As big a blowhard as Sam Donaldson is, he at least had respect for the office Reagan held.

And what exactly would Chris Ball-less have done to her if she was press secretary and did that to him? Object strongly???  Funny who he suddenly is going to act tough with now.