Trump and Russia

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ahhh....the old make up a whataboutism and then toss in a quick insult to stir the passions. 

Anger clouds reason in the brain 

It's not made up. This was Clinton's doing, and Obama's looking the other way while it happened: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not made up. This was Clinton's doing, and Obama's looking the other way while it happened: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html

Current and former American officials described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. It set off a scramble in Washington’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies to contain the fallout, but investigators were bitterly divided over the cause. Some were convinced that a mole within the C.I.A. had betrayed the United States. Others believed that the Chinese had hacked the covert system the C.I.A. used to communicate with its foreign sources. Years later, that debate remains unresolved.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Others believed that the Chinese had hacked the covert system the C.I.A. used to communicate with its foreign sources. Clinton's server.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-email-server-hacked-china-south-korea-germany-214546

Pay

for

Play

She sold out CIA assets to China for cash. She betrayed every oath she took as SecState -- and did so for profit. Because of that, and because 44 was either too timid to risk exposing his own role in using her server (he did) or didn't care -- the US lost their assets in China. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-email-server-hacked-china-south-korea-germany-214546

Pay

for

Play

She sold out CIA assets to China for cash. She betrayed every oath she took as SecState -- and did so for profit. Because of that, and because 44 was either too timid to risk exposing his own role in using her server (he did) or didn't care -- the US lost their assets in China. 

I bet he's still laughing.

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pay

for

Play

How can hacking attempts in 2013 and 2014 have led to CIA assets being revealed in 2010? And why would she have CIA secrets? Unlikely. 

But, Trump's secret meetings with Putin must have set off serious alarm bells. Notes destroyed 

A former Russian government official thought to have spied for the United States was hiding in plain sight, living in a suburban neighborhood an hour outside of Washington.

The Russian Kommersant newspaper reported Tuesday that Oleg Smolenkov, whom it described as a “missing” employee of the Russian presidential administration, was spotted in the United States.

The paper reported that Smolenkov disappeared in 2017 during a family vacation to Montenegro and suggested he may have been an American agent who was spirited out of Russia after providing information linking Russian President Vladi­mir Putin to his country’s campaign to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

It is highly unusual for a country to name a possible turncoat. It’s even more unusual for a suspected spy and defector to be living abroad using his own name.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/national-security/ex-russian-official-thought-to-have-spied-for-the-us-was-hiding-in-plain-sight/2019/09/10/21cee7cc-d400-11e9-9610-fb56c5522e1c_story.html

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah...but she wouldn't.  She has a soul, media reports notwithstanding.

Barr wouldn't either -- until he did. 

I give it a 50/50 shot from what I'm hearing, but I think the offer will be made (of course, if she turns it down we'll never hear about the offer going out unless she goes to the press or Trump tweets he didn't want her). 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Barr wouldn't either -- until he did. 

I give it a 50/50 shot from what I'm hearing, but I think the offer will be made (of course, if she turns it down we'll never hear about the offer going out unless she goes to the press or Trump tweets he didn't want her). 

More seriously...she's a professor at Stanford, and on the board of a few companies including a capital management fund.

She's not only doing what she enjoys, but she has real power, and all the free time to watch all the football she can.  Why would she want to bother dealing with the Candied-Yam-in-Chief.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

More seriously...she's a professor at Stanford, and on the board of a few companies including a capital management fund.

She's not only doing what she enjoys, but she has real power, and all the free time to watch all the football she can.  Why would she want to bother dealing with the Candied-Yam-in-Chief.

I hear you, I do. And you're probably going to end up being correct. But per the bolded, some people have a sense of duty and honor that extends beyond the occupant of the oval. Everything I've heard about her says she's one of those types. Even if she hated Trump, which I don't think she does, the chance to help the country while under his leadership could be appealing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

so i guess a lot of us learned this week that you can't just cherrypick a foreign spy instantly out of assignment

there are a few implications and well-foreseen complications apparently

somehow CNN didn't know this

• Like (+1) 1