If the Bills intentional tank the season DW should be fired

I'm on board with this. The defense is to stacked to be doing a tank with Cardale starting, if this is his guy.

DW is a waste of GM imo.

Just say no to the tank.

Not choosing Tyrod with that contract isn't a tank, it's one of the very logical ways to proceed.

And the difference between Tyrod and someone else is probably 2 - 3 games. Maybe.

If you bring Tyrod back at that salary, it can't be for one or two years. He'd be the most expensive bridge QB in history. It's got to be that you're committing to him. IMHO that just doesn't make sense.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is the dumbest of the bunch. If OBD decides to tank and rebuild, Whaley gets at least 2 more years. You don't agree to tank then fire the GM when he executes the tank job. Asinine.

Unless you're the 76ers. Yes I agree. If we tank, Whaley will be the one that will put the team together and has at least 2-3 years to see what he can do. No chance we tank on purpose then fire him. Fail thread fosho

Unless you're the 76ers. Yes I agree. If we tank, Whaley will be the one that will put the team together and has at least 2-3 years to see what he can do. No chance we tank on purpose then fire him. Fail thread fosho

They got forced by the NBA. Sam Hinkie deserves to be enshrined by Philly for all he did for them.

What if he doesn't sell the Pegulas on a playoff push with this roster and wins less than 9 games?

It comes down to honesty. If I were Doug here is what I would tell the Pegulas. I built the first playoff team for Buffalo since 1999. Unfortunately, Rex Ryan messed it up. Now that roster has aged and gone to free agency and we need to reload. Tyrod will never win us a playoff game without luck. Let's draft one more QB and let them compete with Cardale. If they fail we get another top QB prospect next year. Between top ten QB 2018, top 2 round QB 2017, and Cardale we will find our guy. Let's roll.

I disagree. If the Pegula's were willing to oversee a "tank" season he should have been fired before the season. Don't tank seasons usually happen when a new GM comes in and to rebuild? Whaley already had his chance. He couldn't build a winning team. Now he seems to think the best solution is to tear apart and rebuild. Why should we trust him to be the one to rebuild when he wants to destroy everything he created himself? It doesn't make sense to me. Plus I constantly I have a question I ask on this board. How exactly does tanking benefit a team in the NFL? I don't understand. One guy aside from QB doesn't save an NFL franchise. QB's are never a guarantee regardless of how high you draft one. Look at where a lot of the best QB's were drafted. They aren't all too 10 picks. This theory that mediocrity has hurt us is nothing but an excuse for the ineptitude of the front office.

I'm on board with this. The defense is to stacked to be doing a tank with Cardale starting, if this is his guy.

DW is a waste of GM imo.

Just say no to the tank.

They aren't going to tank.

Every year it seems Whaley hits us with a positive surprise that gets everybody excited for the season. I expect this year to be no different.

I bet that when it is all said and done, the average fan ends up more optimistic going into the next season than they have been in the last couple years. Bills are on the rise.

It comes down to honesty. If I were Doug here is what I would tell the Pegulas. I built the first playoff team for Buffalo since 1999. Unfortunately, Rex Ryan messed it up. Now that roster has aged and gone to free agency and we need to reload. Tyrod will never win us a playoff game without luck. Let's draft one more QB and let them compete with Cardale. If they fail we get another top QB prospect next year. Between top ten QB 2018, top 2 round QB 2017, and Cardale we will find our guy. Let's roll.

How did Whaley build the first playoff roster since 1999 if you don't think that TT can win a playoff without luck? I don't think that you can criticize the QB position, and still claim that Whaley built a playoff roster. Whaley didn't build a playoff roster if it was missing a compotnent as important as QB. I know TT was a Rex guy but Whaley didn't give this roster anything else at the position. IMO this was not a playoff roster at all. The receiver and safety depth was a joke. Too many major holes to be a playoff team. I'm not a Rex fan, but this wasn't a playoff roster.

How did Whaley build the first playoff roster since 1999 if you don't think that TT can win a playoff without luck? I don't think that you can criticize the QB position, and still claim that Whaley built a playoff roster. Whaley didn't build a playoff roster if it was missing a compotnent as important as QB. I know TT was a Rex guy but Whaley didn't give this roster anything else at the position. IMO this was not a playoff roster at all. The receiver and safety depth was a joke. Too many major holes to be a playoff team. I'm not a Rex fan, but this wasn't a playoff roster.

Whaley built a team that should have made the the playoffs and lost in the first round.

No it didn't. The Bills were absolute morons that year. They were 2-10 and won 2 games that put them squarely with the #3 overall pick. If we hadn't been morons, we could've had Von Miller, if not Cam.

Ya realistically Von Miller. Would have been nice having one of the best defenders in the league. But thank god we got hot at the end of that 2010 season, we needed those 4 wins.....

Edited by billsfan11

I get it you hate DW, so you post some ridiculous dumb dribble to try and get people on the fire DW bandwagon.

First off, if they do tank, do you honestly believe this was solely his idea, that he never mentioned this to either Terry P or McDermott and they are all shocked by this happening.

Assume Terry P did buy into it, if that were the plan it would have been easier and much smarter to have fired DW right now when you hired a new coach.

IMO Rex got fired after two seasons, not because of his record and no making the playoffs, but it was everything else about him, too many times either 10 or 12 men on the field, dumb penalties, constant bragging not even close to backed up, and many other similar things.

I think a couple of things Terry learned from this past Rex episode is to let the footballs guys decide on the coach which appears to have happened this time. Barring a complete off the field meltdown similar to Rex, I'd be very surprised if McDermott isn't kept for at least 4 seasons regardless how well his record is or isn't as Terry doesn't like sudden change. In Rex's case there were some extenuating circumstances that made it happen much faster than he'd have liked. But unless some issue develops either between DW and Terry and again between DW and McDermott, I think DW would also last the four seasons with McDermott. Four years from now, then they both go, but anyone hoping to see DW go sooner will likely be disappointed.

DW is a waste of GM imo.

Just say no to the tank.