The truth about popular culture

Sex sells. Always has, always will.

Although this is true, and I have made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from that very concept, there was more to the link than just that.

I'd say the main theme, intended or not, was the death of individualism. There is pressure on individualism from the right, the left, and yes even from some of Greggy's conspiratorial overlords.....the non-imagined, non-alien ones.

Individualism can never truly die IMO because it is wired into all of us. It can however, be held down and crushed for long periods. We are in one of those periods now and as time goes on the stakes of these dangers get higher. We are in a high stakes game now. If we lose, it won't be permanent, but it may last a generation and it won't be pretty.

Great video. Have to agree with pretty much everything he said. "Art" used to involve beauty, talent, and how a particular piece contributes toward personal growth as a member of a community....now "art" is empty, a placebo with no originality and one driving force...fame. This leads to a society which constantly looks to "top" one another with selfies, videos of outrageous acts, etc. It's empty rather than uplifting. Sad.

Great video. Have to agree with pretty much everything he said. "Art" used to involve beauty, talent, and how a particular piece contributes toward personal growth as a member of a community....now "art" is empty, a placebo with no originality and one driving force...fame. This leads to a society which constantly looks to "top" one another with selfies, videos of outrageous acts, etc. It's empty rather than uplifting. Sad.

Art as popular culture, yes. But there are still micro outlets for many other forms of art. I've been associated with folk art in some forms and that seems to be healthy for its narrow focus.

Art as popular culture, yes. But there are still micro outlets for many other forms of art. I've been associated with folk art in some forms and that seems to be healthy for its narrow focus.

I notice there aren't too many Grandma Moses hashtags or reality shows out there. I get your point and there will always be a counter culture, but the fact remains, that the most popular forms of art (currently influencing our next generation) are stale with no societal value (e.g. selfies, Facebook fights, LAMP posts, modern "RAP", etc.)

:o

h5_94.24.1.jpg

Not to mention, this is the picture that is really in his bedroom.

mural-in-Lilys-nursery-611x343.jpg

You really let the wife go with the pink walls?? :wallbash:

You're not implying that, in it's day, this was the equivalent to a Twerking miley Cyrus ...... are you?

I hope that I have misunderstood your intent.

You're overthinking it. :lol: