Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was a cherry picked stat. Lol

If Romo gets hurt long term, we'll probably get a really good pick for a QB in 18. It's a win-win

If you truly believe that, then Whaley would also get killed for missing the post season with TT, so what difference does it make?

No he wouldn't get killed for missing the post season with TT at least not next year - more likely after 2 or 3. It's not the same comparison at all.

Only way fans get mad at Whaley over signing Tyrod next year is if Tyrod gets a lot worse at QB next year for the Bills. That is nowhere near as likely to happen as Romo getting injured. In fact it is likely that Tyrod gets better - just a question of how much better. - Assuming he has healthy receivers that aren't dumpster divers.

Romo is known/proven to be brittle at this point in his career.

If someone acquires him and starts him and he gets hurt - everybody in the NFL will say - the GM should have seen that coming. That scenario has a very high possibility of happening.

So it was a cherry picked stat. Lol

If Romo gets hurt long term, we'll probably get a really good pick for a QB in 18. It's a win-win

If you truly believe that, then Whaley would also get killed for missing the post season with TT, so what difference does it make?

Cherry picked stat? lol...so him being injury prone is a cherry pick concern? But I would agree, that having a high draft pick in 18 for a QB in that scenario would not be bad, but that would also mean Romo better get hurt early in then season then, if we are 6-2 when he gets hurt...guess what, no chance at the top QB in that draft.

And most people believe we can make the playoffs with TT...you are in the minority that has made an absolute declaration that we wont make it with Taylor. So that final point is only relevant in your head and a few other anti TT peeps. Most everyone else realizes Taylor, even with his flaws, can lead us to the playoffs if we can make a modest improvement on defense which is more than reasonable to expect with the defensive scheme next year being better suited for this roster and the having Dareus, Shaq, Rags to start the season. Add in some help in the secondary through the draft and FA and its very reasonable to expect at least a modest, if not significant, improvement from the defense.

No he wouldn't get killed for missing the post season with TT at least not next year - more likely after 2 or 3. It's not the same comparison at all.

Only way fans get mad at Whaley over signing Tyrod next year is if Tyrod gets a lot worse at QB next year for the Bills. That is nowhere near as likely to happen as Romo getting injured. In fact it is likely that Tyrod gets better - just a question of how much better. - Assuming he has healthy receivers that aren't dumpster divers.

Romo is known/proven to be brittle at this point in his career.

If someone acquires him and starts him and he gets hurt - everybody in the NFL will say - the GM should have seen that coming. That scenario has a very high possibility of happening.

Do you think GM's should make moves based on PR?

Cherry picked stat? lol...so him being injury prone is a cherry pick concern? But I would agree, that having a high draft pick in 18 for a QB in that scenario would not be bad, but that would also mean Romo better get hurt early in then season then, if we are 6-2 when he gets hurt...guess what, no chance at the top QB in that draft.

And most people believe we can make the playoffs with TT...you are in the minority that has made an absolute declaration that we wont make it with Taylor. So that final point is only relevant in your head and a few other anti TT peeps. Most everyone else realizes Taylor, even with his flaws, can lead us to the playoffs if we can make a modest improvement on defense which is more than reasonable to expect with the defensive scheme next year being better suited for this roster and the having Dareus, Shaq, Rags to start the season. Add in some help in the secondary through the draft and FA and its very reasonable to expect at least a modest, if not significant, improvement from the defense.

Isn't that what you expected last year? How'd it go?

I think people who have excellent paying jobs in positions of power try to remain in those positions as long as possible.

Is it their primary factor in making a decision - most times no - but it depends on the situation I suppose.

Only way I see the Bills going after Romo is if McDermott tells Whaley - you gotta get me this guy. And I can't see a scenario where McDermott does that. I would think McDermott would prefer a QB he can start building his system around. Even if it isn't Tyrod, I still highly doubt it is going to be Romo.

Question for the board is sequence: we basically have to make a decision on Tyrod before the 11th of March, right? Otherwise his bonus kicks in. Correct me if I am wrong, but we can try to swing a trade starting on the 9th? So we can try to land Romo or whoever else might be available for trade and if that doesn't work, we have a little window to fall back on Tyrod? Then if we don't land a trade or pick him up, we're tanking or going QB in the first?

Question for the board is sequence: we basically have to make a decision on Tyrod before the 11th of March, right? Otherwise his bonus kicks in. Correct me if I am wrong, but we can try to swing a trade starting on the 9th? So we can try to land Romo or whoever else might be available for trade and if that doesn't work, we have a little window to fall back on Tyrod? Then if we don't land a trade or pick him up, we're tanking or going QB in the first?

Yes. I believe you are correct.

Edited by PolishDave

Isn't that what you expected last year? How'd it go?

But you said it was Rex fault...so now he's gone, so theres that too...and only a fool would think we can't improve on a defense that was among the worst at giving up points in the NFL with our top 2 draft picks back and healthy from last year and Dareus all year to go along with a scheme that fits this D better. Proof will be on Sundays next year, but you admiring that its possible works against your agenda of getting rid of Taylor at all costs and assigning 100% blame on him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

But you said it was Rex fault...so now he's gone, so theres that too...and only a fool would think we can't improve on a defense that was among the worst at giving up points in the NFL with our top 2 draft picks back and healthy from last year and Dareus all year to go along with a scheme that fits this D better. Proof will be on Sundays next year, but you admiring that its possible works against your agenda of getting rid of Taylor at all costs and assigning 100% blame on him.

TT will never win this team a Super Bowl. He's not good enough. Backing into the playoffs with a great defense is an effort in futility.

Pats and Falcons passing games = #2 #4 Bills = #30th

So close !

Drew Brees...most proflic passer in the NFL averaging 5000 yards per season last 3 years...

Worse record than Bills since TT has been QB and sitting at home too. So theres that as well. And Ryan and that potent offense were sub .500 over the previous 3 seasons before this year...so theres that too. Andrew Luck...sitting at home, also the last 2 seasons like TT. Rivers...sitting at home for several seasons too.

So just maybe theres more to it than just passing yards...

Drew Brees...most proflic passer in the NFL averaging 5000 yards per season last 3 years...

Worse record than Bills since TT has been QB and sitting at home too. So theres that as well. And Ryan and that potent offense were sub .500 over the previous 3 seasons before this year...so theres that too. Andrew Luck...sitting at home, also the last 2 seasons like TT. Rivers...sitting at home for several seasons too.

So just maybe theres more to it than just passing yards...

How many rings?

You don't know that, but its cute that you think you do Nostradamus.

March to Spillers 2k!

Romo makes some sense as potentially a stop gap without the commitment that you would have to make to TT. You can trade TT in the 1st couple days of the league year. You will have some options. In this scenario you would acquire a 2nd (for example) and have Romo without the long-term commitment. I just cant see him getting traded so he would have to "pick us" once released. At his age, Houston and Denver would be at the top of my list (and I don't think Houston can afford him).

Why don't you see him being traded, but instead released?

All of those guys combined? 1 Brees in 2009. Rivers, Brees and Luck have combined for over 30 years too. Are we supposed to be impressed?

Maybe we could throw Tommy Boy in there?

Lol, man you really cling to that tight...its cute.

Rex D is gonna kill it in 2016! Rob was the missing piece!