Dennison's zone blocking scheme

I really hope they're not afraid to try a combo of KuJo at LT and Glenn moving over to RT. KuJo really proved himself last year and RT was the line's biggest weakness.

Edited by eball

Are you thinking our Defensive line looks great next year and the offensive line is a mess - cause that would be very billsy

I think I'll petition Webster's to enter Billsy : adjective. Definition. To completely undo every good move made by making two really bad moves to negate the positive.

Used in a sentence:

Our GM trading a first round pick to get Sammy Watkins was very Billsy.

Richie pulled a ton last year. Miller seems athletic enough. Groy or Wood is fine at center.

I still say move Glenn to RT and leave Kujo at LT.

The line will be great.

I second that emotion.

excluding RT, who is not agile enough to zone block?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appeared to me that Lynn/Kromer had guards pulling all over the place last year - ridiculous amounts of movement; and creative movement at that. I didn't just imagine that did i?

Are you thinking our Defensive line looks great next year and the offensive line is a mess - cause that would be very billsy

:lol::lol:

Agree. Its pretty much what happened when Rex got here. Our offense became top 10 and our defense went down the drain.

I really hope they're not afraid to try a combo of KuJo at LT and Glenn moving over to RT. KuJo really proved himself last year and RT was the line's biggest weakness.

Agree with you but I remember someone mentioning they wont wanna pay Glenn top LT money to play RT. Hope thats not true cuz that would put the best 5 on the field.

Groy looked good . I hope they sign him to a reasonable deal for a few years.

Def a good depth player and started well in Wood's place. Hope they dont treat em like Urbrik. Who went to the Dolphins and the playoffs.

If they did that then suddenly the OL's biggest weakness would be LT. Not sure why they'd want to move Glenn, he's done a fine job at LT. Much easier to find a suitable RT than it is to find a quality LT.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appeared to me that Lynn/Kromer had guards pulling all over the place last year - ridiculous amounts of movement; and creative movement at that. I didn't just imagine that did i?

my question was for obm who thinks they are not agile enough to zone block. I think they are for precisely your point.

Wood, Miller. When you add Mills that's 3 out of 5.

But there lots of ways to get the job done. I'm sure they will adjust what they do to fit the personnel.

you don't think wood and Miller are agile enough to zone block?

Pulling is not the same as zone blocking. Pulling is for d-linemen who shoot up field after being driven one or one, or crushed by double teams all day. It keep those blocks honest.

Zone is the entire line steps right, or steps left, or steps straight, and then pushes the guy in front of them on a down block, the way they are going. The RB starts off slow, and waits for a running lane to open. If it closes down, Denver has the one cut rule where they can only choose one other place.

Big problem with this is your offense now reacts to the defense instead of dictating the action. Ironically, Rex's defense wins against this run game, because dline stays home and blitz is unpredictable.

I really really hope Dennison is not a student of one system. I hope he can adapt and have more than one way to play the game.

Edited by r.harvey

There is no pulling in a zone scheme. The entire line moves in the same direction simultaneously.

But wasn't the concern about agility?

Pulling is not the same as zone blocking. Pulling is for d-linemen who shoot up field after being driven one or one, or crushed by double teams all day. It keep those blocks honest.

Zone is the entire line steps right, or steps left, or steps straight, and then pushes the guy in front of them on a down block, the way they are going. The RB starts off slow, and waits for a running lane to open. If it closes down, Denver has the one cut rule where they can only choose one other place.

But I thought the concern in this thread was agility. Several of our o-line were agile enough to move around to perform their blocks last season, so why wouldn't they be agile enough to move in the same direction?

Edited by bobobonators