Seahawks May Lose 2nd Rounder for Hiding Sherman Injury

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is flat out ridiculous. Teams hide injuries for good reason - other teams target such players to exacerbate injuries. The NFL needs to wake up to the real problem, which is the latter, not the former. They're more worried about gambling spreads than the health of their players and always have been.

Their window is closing.

Time for Russ to show he can carry the team even more and earn that paycheck.

Drafting a handful of All-Pros and lucking into a All-Pro RB catches up to you when they approach 30 and get paid.

Edited by FireChan

That is flat out ridiculous. Teams hide injuries for good reason - other teams target such players to exacerbate injuries. The NFL needs to wake up to the real problem, which is the latter, not the former. They're more worried about gambling spreads than the health of their players and always have been.

strongly agree. i know it drives ratings/revenue to them, but frankly its a safety issue and hypocritical that they dont treat it like other safety issues.

Interesting. Too late to be sanctioned?

I would think so. The larger issue is that teams do this all the time up and down the roster partly to protect their players from targeting. If the league is going to target Seattle, perhaps it's because Sherman is a superstar and not liked by many. I can't think of any other reason, but perhaps there is one.

I would think so. The larger issue is that teams do this all the time up and down the roster partly to protect their players from targeting. If the league is going to target Seattle, perhaps it's because Sherman is a superstar and not liked by many. I can't think of any other reason, but perhaps there is one.

to go to that level it would need to be repeated and drastic issues with reporting. normally it starts at a modest fine i believe.

to go to that level it would need to be repeated and drastic issues with reporting. normally it starts at a modest fine i believe.

The Seahawks have violated offseason contact rules too and this may be the culmination of the NFL having had enough of them in that regard.

The Seahawks have violated offseason contact rules too and this may be the culmination of the NFL having had enough of them in that regard.

That would make sense. That said, this particular violation goes on all of the time. If the league ever wonders why, they should listen again to the recording of Gregg Williams' pre-game inspirational talk to the NO defense in 2011.

Yep this is ONLY because it involves a player that has been so outspoken about the league.