Must be able to challenge any play

Yep that was a crappy call . Maybe a vet gets the benefit of the doubt but this WR didn't. The Lions had still played like crap to that point and it's hard to say that would have made a huge difference in the outcome. The Lions weren't close in this one and can't point to officiating as an excuse for their poor performance.

Football isn't meant to be played by robots and isn't meant to be officiated by robots. Outlaw replay entirely and give refs back the confidence to make decisive calls.

The official had the confidence there to make a decisive and bad call.

there really aren't enough challenges during games. sometimes, when the game's moving too fast i'll be like, "can't the refs mix in a challenge or two just to slow things up a little bit? i feel like i'm missing out on some additional beer commercials."

Edited by Dirtbag

Football isn't meant to be played by robots and isn't meant to be officiated by robots. Outlaw replay entirely and give refs back the confidence to make decisive calls.

Replays have nothing to do with it. The NFL needs to hire full time refs not hand gratis jobs to ceo's, dr's, and lawyers. Corporate America at it's finest or should I say at it's worst.

horseshit

we have a million cameras with a bazillion views. theres no reason other than nostalgia to ignore that capability to get calls right

not only should every play be reviewable, there should be a referee stationed in a studio somewhere with the ability to stop play and change any call made or not made on the field

the consistent mistakes made by live refereeing is the biggest reason ive lost interest in football. i doubt im the only one

Very true. How many drops? Defense couldn't stop the run.

Drops were bad. Run defense and missed tackles even worse. Heck, I wanted the Lions to win as I'm no fan of Carrol. I didn't come away from that game thinking " damn if only they had gotten a few better calls". These two teams looked miles apart

One thing I noticed during the Raiders-Texans game is Gruden mentioned, when talking to Jack Del Rio, that some teams have great reputations for being "disciplined" teams and others have "undisciplined" reputations. Therefor the teams that are labeled undisciplined, the refs are already prepared to throw flags before the game even starts and will throw at ticky-tacky calls where with the disciplined teams will get the benefit of the doubt. That was coming from an NFL head coach, that has to mean something.

But it shows, good teams like the Seahawks and patriots and packers seem to always have calls go there way or no-calls go there way where the bad teams get screwed on tons of calls that ultimately change the way the game is played out. It's ridiculous.

Unfortunate thing is reviewing every play would make the game excruciatling long and is unfeasible

Drops were bad. Run defense and missed tackles even worse. Heck, I wanted the Lions to win as I'm no fan of Carrol. I didn't come away from that game thinking " damn if only they had gotten a few better calls". These two teams looked miles apart

They didnt have the horses at DB to keep up. No run defense, no playmakin LB to set the tone and no WRs like megateon to step up n make plays when they need to. They never replaces megatron. Sounds like us with safety ans MLB in 2015 without spikes. The ****ty and biased play calls were jus the nail in the coffin. Copyright MnM

Edited by Marty McFly

horseshit

we have a million cameras with a bazillion views. theres no reason other than nostalgia to ignore that capability to get calls right

not only should every play be reviewable, there should be a referee stationed in a studio somewhere with the ability to stop play and change any call made or not made on the field

the consistent mistakes made by live refereeing is the biggest reason ive lost interest in football. i doubt im the only one

Oh we don't need a million cameras; just 22 iso cameras on each play and then take a break to make sure no one was holding, or in the wrong formation or did anything else wrong on each play. Should be able to get a game done in under six hours.

Hysterical that Bills fans -- nearly 20 years after the most famously inconclusive replay in history -- could be so devoted to a broken system.

horseshit

I'm not sure that proposal would give us a watchable product though. It'd be like the last few minutes of a basketball game with constant stoppage of play with fouls. The speed and contact makes it easy to miss things like the face mask on the TD catch. You should be able to challenge that play but the current challenge system is pretty good. In a game where it's very possible to call a penalty on just about every play microfficiating would leave virtually nobody willing to watch .

One thing I noticed during the Raiders-Texans game is Gruden mentioned, when talking to Jack Del Rio, that some teams have great reputations for being "disciplined" teams and others have "undisciplined" reputations. Therefor the teams that are labeled undisciplined, the refs are already prepared to throw flags before the game even starts and will throw at ticky-tacky calls where with the disciplined teams will get the benefit of the doubt. That was coming from an NFL head coach, that has to mean something.

But it shows, good teams like the Seahawks and patriots and packers seem to always have calls go there way or no-calls go there way where the bad teams get screwed on tons of calls that ultimately change the way the game is played out. It's ridiculous.

Unfortunate thing is reviewing every play would make the game excruciatling long and is unfeasible

Oh , I totally agree with him. There's a reason a team like the Pats very seldom get called for offensive holding or PI, illegal contact. The Officials assume they must have made a " good play" because they are a " good team". It's not even that much of a subconscious bias. They just watch different teams differently . Frustrating and Del Rio is correct 100%