Best Case/Worst Case

Dorkington

I think we got the best kit's in the league - is it the helmets? What don't you like?

I'm of the opinion that we need to make the playoffs - get the monkey off our back - before we begin rebuilding.

Best case - Matt Patricia - We're probably not even interviewing him because we assume he won't come here, but I think this guy's going to be the one winner among Belicheck's coaching tree.

Worst case - No QB plan - New coach drops tyrod, doesn't sign anyone good in FA, and we burn a 1st in a weak draft filling the hole. We come out 4-12 or 6-10 (not bad enough to pick #1 overall), and make like no progress on addressing the position long-term or short-term.

I agree we need to make the playoffs before a full blown rebuild. One, we just do. Two, if we don't make it in 2017 it may be a full tear down and looking at 3-5 years from now instead of one.

Worst case - I agree with above.

Best case - piggy backs with above. Whaley is good, picks the right HC and we make the playoffs.

Suppose Pegula were to be ticked off by Whaley's presser and gives him the boot, but Russ Brandon and his merry men stay firmly entrenched in the FO.

What's your view then?

No good. Clean the house.

Although I have to say, it sounds like Pegula is already learning and has put Brandon on a leash.

If he hasn't done that in fact, he has certainly gone out of his way to create that appearance.

I feel like Pegula has structured this HC search as a way of putting everyone on notice...he's going to do it their way this time, and if that still doesn't work, they're all gone. Or at least Whaley for sure.

Any coach who says "back to red helmets" is hired. He GETS IT!

You all don't remember all of those 2-14, 4-12 seasons in the Red lids when, as opposed to now, the team really was a joke? I guess not.

Best case: Hire the right HC, who hires the right coordinators - particularly a DC who runs a 4-3.

Bring back Tyrod.

Trade down, pick up an extra pick or two in 2nd or 3rd round and Draft a QB in the first 3 rounds.

Re-structure Kyle's deal. One year added to his current deal and spread money out for cap room.

The right coach does not have to be a popular name in media circles. Identify

the best leader among the interviewees with the strongest vision and support him

with the necessary staff and players. (which I have no doubt they will do.) Relax.

Remember Rex was a big name coup for the Bills and we see how that worked out.

If, comparatively, the next HC is a "who?" the Bills can still win so long as it is the right "who?"

Worst case: Let Tyrod walk and can't replace him with a viable option.

Edited by purple haze

I thought this would be a fun thread... try to be realistic with your answers...

What would your best case and worst case scenario be for the Bills this offseason?

Example, coaches you'd love to see hired, or hate to see hired. QB position. Draft choices. FA choices. FO choices, etc.

Just best case:

1. Taylor retained;

2. McDaniels head coach;

3. Aaron Williams healthy enough to play again;

4. draft a WR that can produce right away;

5. draft a CB that can produce right away;

6. (long shot): no Dareus suspensions.

best case: CEO type head coach like Marv was, young OC from a position coach, impresses at the interview then backs it up during the season. 4-3 DC maybe the same as the OC. Outbid Washington for Cousins.

worst case: hire a retread coach simply because people have heard of him.

Just best case:

1. Taylor retained;

2. McDaniels head coach;

3. Aaron Williams healthy enough to play again;

4. draft a WR that can produce right away;

5. draft a CB that can produce right away;

6. (long shot): no Dareus suspensions.

Substitute Shanahan or Patricia for McDaniels and I would be all in with your list

No good. Clean the house.

Although I have to say, it sounds like Pegula is already learning and has put Brandon on a leash.

If he hasn't done that in fact, he has certainly gone out of his way to create that appearance.

I feel like Pegula has structured this HC search as a way of putting everyone on notice...he's going to do it their way this time, and if that still doesn't work, they're all gone. Or at least Whaley for sure.

Funny I see it the opposite. I see it as Pegula growing as an owner and realizing he should listen to the football guy not the marketing guy for HC advice. The end result will be the same as Whaley must produce a playoff team next year or he is gone.

Four consecutive AFC Championships, and five consecutive championship game appearances is SOMETHING, my friend... A very big f!*#king something...

Good news and bad news here, my fellow Red helmet supporter... In 1989, in Cleveland, RH butterfingered the Bickering Bills chances at five straight. But....

With the Red helmets from 1988-1999:

* Four straight Super Bowls

* Five AFC Championship games

* Six Division Titles

* 10 Playoff appearances

* 11 Playoff wins

* Nine times won 10 or more games

Bring em back FULL TIME!! Skip the throwback shtick.

I thought this would be a fun thread... try to be realistic with your answers...

What would your best case and worst case scenario be for the Bills this offseason?

Example, coaches you'd love to see hired, or hate to see hired. QB position. Draft choices. FA choices. FO choices, etc.

Love: Jim Harbaugh, Romo

Hate: Chip Kelly, Krappernick

Good news and bad news here, my fellow Red helmet supporter... In 1989, in Cleveland, RH butterfingered the Bickering Bills chances at five straight. But....

* Six Division Titles

* 10 Playoff appearances

* 11 Playoff wins

I say we go blue helmets

148c5dc52a71835836fe5228b8409a0e.jpg

* Six Division Titles

* 10 Playoff appearances

* 11 Playoff wins

Do those red helmets come with a HOF QB, RB, WR and DE?