PFF: Bills Should Build Around Tyrod

and the Tennessee game, where he single handedly brought us back to victory -even after the horse-collar tackle that sidelined him for a few weeks. Granted, it wasn't a thrilling passing performance, but his unique foot skills won us that game.

Hell yeah remember that !@#$ing 3rd and a million he converted on that scramble?! **** was crazy!!

So if Tyrod isn't the Bills QB going forward, who do you think should be? You keep asking so what's your answer?

We want Tyrod to be the Bills QB and if its not Tyrod then they should blow it up. Auction off the vets of value for draft picks and tank next season for a solid rookie prospect. No one wants to go through that wen we have a top 10 scoring offense and its the defense that needs fixing. You anti-Tyrod theorists do know they can keep Tyrod, fix the defense and keep drafting QBs to find the franchise player right??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah remember that !@#$ing 3rd and a million he converted on that scramble?! **** was crazy!!

We want Tyrod to be the Bills QB and if its not Tyrod then they should blow it up. Auction off the vets of value for draft picks and tank next season for a solid rookie prospect. No one wants to go through that wen we have a top 10 scoring offense and its the defense that needs fixing. You anti-Tyrod theorists do know they can keep Tyrod, fix the defense and keep drafting QBs to find the franchise player right??

Jim Kelly is an anti- Tyrod - said we need more from that position, needs to keep moving the chains and get first downs and he doesn't do that....

He should be the Bills QB. Thats my position. If they keep him Id still take a qb in rounds 2-4 every year till I find another Derek Carr clone. If the Bills let him walk they should gut the team. Try for 0-16. And take a qb at the top of the 2018 draft.

I keep asking because nobody in the dump tyrod camp has an answer. Cant take a position without a solution to the problems caused by your action. Nobody on the roster is better than tyrod. The free agent qb crop is garbage. Not only is Romo injury prone but he also folds under pressure. You draft a guy hes likely 2-4 years away unless to pick first overall and theres a marquee prospect there. Easy to say dump Tyrod. What do you do after that?

He shouldn't be the qb he's way too inconsistent.

This is insane the bills are 50 times better w Romo than Tyrod.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Jim Kelly is an anti- Tyrod - said we need more from that position, needs to keep moving the chains and get first downs and he doesn't do that....

I don't doubt that. Yea hes not doin that consistently yet but what would you say is the bigger problem the underperforming and undertalented defense or the game manager QB that can hit a big play out of nowhere?

Remember that was all Tyrod was supposed to do when he was brought in with Shady n the defense doing the heavy lifting.

He shouldn't be the qb he's way too inconsistent.

This is insane the bills are 50 times better w Romo than Tyrod.

No one is arguing that but we all know Romo is one hit from IR again. How many weeks is he gonna last behind jordan mills at RT breh??? Then your tankin and ruining Cardales development if he sinks.

Edited by Marty McFly

I don't doubt that. Yea hes not doin that consistently yet but what would you say is the bigger problem the underperforming and undertalented defense or the game manager QB that can hit a big play out of nowhere?

Remember that was all Tyrod was supposed to do when he was brought in with Shady n the defense doing the heavy lifting.

No one is arguing that but we all know Romo is one hit from IR again. How many weeks is he gonna last behind jordan mills at RT breh??? Then your tankin and ruining Cardales development if he sinks.

Flawed premise, you need more than a running game. You need a QB who can move the chains to keep the defenses honest so your run game actually works when you need it to. It isn't an either or, you have to be able to not be one-dimensional on offense, move the chains running and throwing the ball and keep the other offense off the field; you also want a defense that won't get steam rolled and can get off the field without giving up many points...

Our defense stinks and you could theoretically help them out by keeping the ball and having a good TOP advantage so they don't give up a ton of TDs. Even with a great D, they will get beat from time to time; it would be handy to have a ball control style offense to keep their sorry butts off the field so you stand a chance. It goes the other way too - if your offense is having trouble scoring a good D can stop the other team and give you more opportunities to score...

The D doing the heavy lifting with TT and his limitations as of now; is not well thought out IMO

Edited by Reed83HOF

Flawed premise, you need more than a running game. You need a QB who can move the chains to keep the defenses honest so your run game actually works when you need it to. It isn't an either or, you have to be able to not be one-dimensional on offense, move the chains running and throwing the ball and keep the other offense off the field; you also want a defense that won't get steam rolled and can get off the field without giving up many points

The D doing the heavy lifting with TT and his limitations as of now; is not well thought out IMO

Right this is true and having Tyrod back there until we find a better QB gives opp teams something to think about and opens up the run game. By your logic if it didnt then we wouldnt be the top rushing team rite?

:lol::lol:

You don't consider the 20th highest cap hit among QB's to be reasonable for a quarterback that has finished 8th (2015) and 18th (2016) in passer rating for an offense that has finished 9th and 10th respectively in DVOA in his only two seasons as a starter?

A first year cap hit is pretty meaningless. You are really resorting to some major deception. Tyrod is guaranteed $30.75M in March if he's retained under his current deal. Then another $9.75M the following March. That's $40.5M for two seasons. He's not worth close to that.

A first year cap hit is pretty meaningless. You are really resorting to some major deception. Tyrod is guaranteed $30.75M in March if he's retained under his current deal. Then another $9.75M the following March. That's $40.5M for two seasons. He's not worth close to that.

It's not deception, it's fact.

Cap hits

2017 - $15,913,334 (20th)

2018 - $16,780,000 (17th)

So you'd be committed for two seasons where he'd be paid the 18-19th on average. Then if you've got something better after the 2018 season the remaining $8 million of dead money trickles over the next two or three years.

More than reasonable and well worth it.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

It's not deception, it's fact.

Cap hits

2017 - $15,913,334 (20th)

2018 - $16,780,000 (17th)

So you'd be committed for two seasons where he'd be paid the 18-19th on average. Then if you've got something better after the 2018 season the remaining $8 million of dead money trickles over the next two or three years.

More than reasonable and well worth it.

It's totally deceptive since there'd be a lot of money paid to him that would be unaccounted for. Just because the cap hit for that $8M or so we are talking about would be kicked down the road doesn't mean it isn't important. Total money paid and guaranteed money are far more important than cap hits, especially first year cap hits that are often kept artificially low. Edited by BarleyNY

All you Tyrod bashers don't get it. This team failed because the Defense failed. He is operating a run first offense by design. It's funny hearing that Jimbo says they need more out of the position. I remember plenty of times he was going 3 and out or throwing picks. Hmmm short memory I guess, or maybe too many concussions. I'm not saying he has proved to be the most accurate QB but this team scores plenty of points and if the D was better would have scored more. The media around the country seem to feel he is a solid option moving forward, unfortunately he doesn't fit the QB mold of the stooges of the media here so they slam him.

All you Tyrod bashers don't get it. This team failed because the Defense failed. He is operating a run first offense by design. It's funny hearing that Jimbo says they need more out of the position. I remember plenty of times he was going 3 and out or throwing picks. Hmmm short memory I guess, or maybe too many concussions. I'm not saying he has proved to be the most accurate QB but this team scores plenty of points and if the D was better would have scored more. The media around the country seem to feel he is a solid option moving forward, unfortunately he doesn't fit the QB mold of the stooges of the media here so they slam him.

I can understand this and would be 100% behind him IF he could come through in the crunch to get us a couple of extra wins per season. Jimbo said the same thing.

I don't care who you are, if you want to make the playoffs your QB has to be stallion and come through in the clutch at least a couple of times per year. Seattle with greatest D on the planet has to do it a couple of times. Tommy, the greatest QB in the world playing on the best team ever has to do it a couple of times per year as well. Matt Stafford has done it 9 times this year. They're in, we're not.

Yeah yeah yeah, the defense. IF Hotrod had been able to come through on 1st and goal for the win vs Hawks and Fish, right now we'd be talking about how to beat the Steelers and telling funny stories about how we survived the drought.

Edited by reddogblitz

He's 1-6 vs .500 teams. The one win vs Brissett.

He's not good at all and we should turn the page.