[OT] have any of you had a jerk for a

njsue

Let me start by saying yes, I hold grudges for centuries and will some day seek therapy...

Every year we (NYC Backers) promote our tailgate at the Meadowlands on the boards. Every year Sue bashes us as being unorganized because when she came one time, she had nowhere to put her bowl of pasta salad that she made.

We get close to (or maybe over) 200 people there. We can't organize every itty bitty detail. We leave stuff like that up to people who attend  - to work together, share grill space, table space, etc.

256803[/snapback]

What a jerk :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was cold, alone, and without table space on which to be set. And yet you continue to joke about it and ridicule. This is what we cold salads have to deal with everyday! No one ever takes us seriously! One day, we will unite, and there will be entire tables reserved just for us - the cold picnic salads. You just wait... . .

256819[/snapback]

Cold salads are not allowed at Mensa picnics. With good reason.

oh please.....you sat yourself away from the free kegs of beer we (nycbbb) provided. If you wanted to be noticed, you should have went over and hung out with the hundreds of people over there.

256834[/snapback]

The kegs were late. By the time they arrived, the pasta legs were too wobbly to move. (Or was it the visit from JSP?)

The kegs were late.  By the time they arrived, the pasta legs were too wobbly to move.  (Or was it the visit from JSP?)

257066[/snapback]

That was Labatt's fault, they gave us empty co2 tanks. what do you want...they were free!

That was Labatt's fault, they gave us empty co2 tanks. what do you want...they were free!

257075[/snapback]

Real men don't need CO2 tanks. Back in the day, we'd just pop the keg and chug from the open hole.

Real men don't need CO2 tanks.  Back in the day, we'd just pop the keg and chug from the open hole.

257089[/snapback]

Again...Labatt set us up with all the fancy stuff.....last year we went back to the good old bucket of ice and tap, which is all we'll use from now on.

Again...Labatt set us up with all the fancy stuff.....last year we went back to the good old bucket of ice and tap, which is all we'll use from now on.

257092[/snapback]

All that preparation, and still no room for pasta salad. You guys are slacking.

I was cold, alone, and without table space on which to be set. And yet you continue to joke about it and ridicule. This is what we cold salads have to deal with everyday! No one ever takes us seriously! One day, we will unite, and there will be entire tables reserved just for us - the cold picnic salads. You just wait... . .

256819[/snapback]

I hear the paper plates and plastic spoons were pretty pissed too!

You have 107 replies from people who know you and KNOW you are a good worker with your heart in the right spot. Now you've had a shouting match with your boss. The result is you are on her sh*t list.

So unfortunately you're going to have to either:

Find another job ( my choice)

Wait her out until she quits, or

Or hope she pisses her boss off and gets fired

In the meantime, you are hosed.

If you feel like this is all unfair you could also fight fire with fire. That's right, you could play enough dirty tricks on her until one worked and she either quits or gets fired. The problem is she's going to be watching to see if you do something bad to her. So please be "out of town" when it happens. The web is crawling with tricks to play on crappy bosses. You'll find them if you want them.

We're on your side NJ Sue ~ Go get'm !

We're on your side NJ Sue ~ Go get'm !

257149[/snapback]

Speak for yourself.

Not that I don't hope things go well, but I'm not on her side as far as yelling back at a superior at work. They are your superior for a reason. They are in a position where they CAN yell at you. It's not a reciprocal relationship.

I've mentioned this before, but I heard one of the customer service people here (the lowest position here) say "Man, Brayton is so lucky to have that car and tons of money". Brayton is the CEO. So, the lowest person on my company (WebPower) food chain thinks the 2nd highest person in the company is "lucky" to be driving a Benz and have a 600sq ft corner office.

I have this weird feeling Sue feels like it's not "fair" that this other woman is her superior. She's told us many times how the lady isn't compotent for her job. Well, the people who hired her and keep her gainfully employed seem to think she's doing OK.

We get close to (or maybe over) 200 people there. We can't organize every itty bitty detail. We leave stuff like that up to people who attend  - to work together, share grill space, table space, etc.

256803[/snapback]

Did she bring enough salad for all 200 people? If not, sounds like she was unprepared?

How in the WORLD has this thread gone this long without being self-deleted?

257288[/snapback]

Two possible reason:

1. She craves the attention

2. She has no idea how to delete the thread

I had a boss one time who had a propensity to yell all the time at his subordinates. As he was yelling at me, I cupped my ear like I couldn't hear him, with that it pissed him off even more. When he was done, and it was my turn to respond, I told him that yelling wasn't going to get his point across anymore than it would had he just said it in a normal tone. Then I said that since I couldn't understand his blathering, that I needed him to repeat it in the owners office. I turned and started walking straight to the owners office, all the while he was yelling for me to stop, I didn't.

So as we're standing in front of the owner, I asked dickwad to repeat what he said, he did. Nice and calm. I never had a problem with him again.

Course he get fired three weeks later and I got his job. :D

So as we're standing in front of the owner, I asked dickwad to repeat what he said, he did. Nice and calm. I never had a problem with him again.

Course he get fired three weeks later and I got his job. :blink:

257301[/snapback]

So now you're the dickwad? :P

I had a boss one time who had a propensity to yell all the time at his subordinates. As he was yelling at me, I cupped my ear like I couldn't hear him, with that it pissed him off even more. When he was done, and it was my turn to respond, I told him that yelling wasn't going to get his point across anymore than it would had he just said it in a normal tone. Then I said that since I couldn't understand his blathering, that I needed him to repeat it in the owners office. I turned and started walking straight to the owners office, all the while he was yelling for me to stop, I didn't.

Course he get fired three weeks later and I got his job. :blink:

257301[/snapback]

My favorite used to be to just stand there and take it with a glazed look in my eyes. Once they finished yelling, snap out of your "trance" and say "Sorry, did you say something?" Good times, but now that I'm edumacated and work for the man, that probably won't fly.