Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

Orton would've absolutely won 10+ in 2014 if EJ didn't dig him into a hole to start the year.

That and he didn't slide 2 yards short for first downs.Like a scared rookie trying not get hurt. Orton took a paycheck and left with a year left on his contract. He had so little interest he left 5M on the table. He had zero interest in football or the Bills. it was all about the $$$$. eff him.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that simple though.

They were winning in games in the second half against Miami(x2) and Oakland. The Bills defense let huge 1st half scores against Pitt and Seattle. They nearly came back and won in Seattle.

I'm not giving the defense a pass. But there were big moments when the offense, namely TT, choked. Kirby asked if being 7th in scoring points means the offense is fine. When TT had the ball in his hands in his last 20 games , he couldn't score when it mattered most.

1 game winning drive in 2 seasons is pretty indicative of a QB problem. Combined with the terrible 2 min offense, no gaudy team stay can prove TT doesn't have issues.

Edited by FireChan

I'm not giving the defense a pass. But there were big moments when the offense, namely TT, choked. Kirby asked if being 7th in scoring points means the offense is fine. When TT had the ball in his hands in his last 20 games , he couldn't score when it mattered most.

I did see that.

But here's the thing. If the defense does there job in those 3 games where they had the lead in the 2nd half TT has a better record against winning teams AND this team is in the playoffs.

I did see that.

But here's the thing. If the defense does there job in those 3 games where they had the lead in the 2nd half TT has a better record against winning teams AND this team is in the playoffs.

Does their job by not losing a lead? What defense are we talking here, 86 Bears? Sometimes we'll lose leads. It's a fact of today's NFL. TT has proven he can't reclaim them. Edited by FireChan

Take a good look at your future if the Bills are dumb enough to dump Tyrod. He isn't perfect but there's no one on their roster who isn't FAR worse. He's an average QB who the Bills have an opportunity to lock down for an average salary. The choice is binary, stick it out with him or hit reset and get ready for 3-4 years of total misery, barring a Dak Prescott / Tom Brady miracle.

Who said anything about THIS roster.

Again, we don't live in the comparative. The fact that EJ is awful and Cardale is far to raw do not improve Tyrod. He still isn't good enough. Time to move on.

Thank you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does their job by not losing a lead? What defense are we talking here, 86 Bears? Sometimes we'll lose leads. It's a fact of today's NFL. TT has proven he can't reclaim them.

Yea I know what you mean and I'm not talking 86' Bears but cmon they could have done something against Miami. Oakland, sure TT needed to put more points up, mostly because the defense wasn't going to contain them all day.

What's their record against teams with winning records?

No.

Which goes right back to my original point that the 7th highest scoring offense in the NFL is good enough to win. When your defense gets shredded, like the Bills this year, you can't beat good teams. Last week is the perfect microcosm, you score 31 and lose.

Yea I know what you mean and I'm not talking 86' Bears but cmon they could have done something against Miami. Oakland, sure TT needed to put more points up, mostly because the defense wasn't going to contain them all day.

This is kind of my point. If you score 31 but don't get to the 34 that's necessary is the bigger issue that you could get 3 more points or that your defense gave up 34? I'm of the belief that the 34 is the bigger issue.

1 game winning drive in 2 seasons is pretty indicative of a QB problem. Combined with the terrible 2 min offense, no gaudy team stay can prove TT doesn't have issues.

As much as people like to say it, points in the 4th quarter don't matter any more than points in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter. They all count the same. How much more scoring did you honestly expect out of our offense? Because that is what you are actually saying, that the 7th ranked scoring offense should have scored more points. We had 6 games that were within 1 score. If our offense had scored a TD to end each of those games we would be the 3rd highest scoring offense (through week 16) with 431 points. Just 6 points shy of NO. On the other end, if our defense stopped a TD in each of those games they would be ranked 12th in the league in scoring defense, between Cincy and Philly.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Which goes right back to my original point that the 7th highest scoring offense in the NFL is good enough to win. When your defense gets shredded, like the Bills this year, you can't beat good teams. Last week is the perfect microcosm, you score 31 and lose.

This is kind of my point. If you score 31 but don't get to the 34 that's necessary is the bigger issue that you could get 3 more points or that your defense gave up 34? I'm of the belief that the 34 is the bigger issue.

And defenses across the league make stops when their offense hands them a lead. They also don't allow teams massive leads in the first half.

I don't think they need to be the 86' Bears but look at the scores allowed in just the AFC east 28, 34, 30, 37, 0*, 41. That's ridiculous. A 28 point average against the division with a 0 point game included.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Your totally giving the defense a pass. Saying your not doesnt change that.

Another OBVIOUS positive is that the Bills score A LOT and turn the ball over less than anyone else.

Sometimes teams put points on the board by being somewhat careless with the football.

When you factor both aspects together it's about as good as you can get WITHOUT a HOF type franchise QB.

And defenses across the league make stops when their offense hands them a lead. They also don't allow teams massive leads in the first half.

I don't think they need to be the 86' Bears but look at the scores allowed in just the AFC east 28, 34, 30, 37, 0*, 41. That's ridiculous. A 28 point average against the division with a 0 point game included.

Exactly

"The offense couldn't score when needed" is the exact same argument as "the defense couldn't get a stop when needed." To use last week as an example, the Bills took the lead with a minute and a half left and the defense let them walk right down the field. How is that any different than Seattle?

Another OBVIOUS positive is that the Bills score A LOT and turn the ball over less than anyone else.

Sometimes teams put points on the board by being somewhat careless with the football.

When you factor both aspects together it's about as good as you can get WITHOUT a HOF type franchise QB.

Totally agree

Exactly

"The offense couldn't score when needed" is the exact same argument as "the defense couldn't get a stop when needed." To use last week as an example, the Bills took the lead with a minute and a half left and the defense let them walk right down the field. How is that any different than Seattle?

Totally agree

Kyle Williams forced a huge sack on third down to give TT the ball for a GWD. How is that any different from Miami?

Exactly

Totally agree

Jesus, the Browns allowed 26 ppg against their division opponents for the season! The freaking Browns!

Kyle Williams forced a huge sack on third down to give TT the ball for a GWD. How is that any different from Miami?

I am not following. Last week the Bills went down the field, took the lead late and asked the defense to hold it. They didn't.

We always talk about the offense didn't score when needed but never talk about the defense didn't get the stop when needed. It's the same thing. The offense this year as WAY better than the defense. It isn't even up for debate. The numbers don't lie.