For the Nugent fans he was 12/15 but

The Jokeman

12/15 with 3 misses outside the 40 is not enough data to draw any conclusions. Please let us know the exact distances that he missed on (and the ones he hit on) along with the competence of the snaps and the holds on those kicks, otherwise the story means nothing in terms of an evaluation.

12/15 with 3 misses outside the 40 is not enough data to draw any conclusions.  Please let us know the exact distances that he missed on (and the ones he hit on)  along with the competence of the snaps and the holds on those kicks, otherwise the story means nothing in terms of an evaluation.

254498[/snapback]

I would assume they used tees...

Found this site a while back and it's the one Lindell was using in the scrimmage vs. the Browns last July. I've been told by one of the former UConn kickers that it sucks (I kicked for S&G just to try it, and sometimes they were there).

Holders in games do not sit back 17 inches, as if they're pinching their noses and throwing toxic underwear into the hamper. They're close to the ball, like the more standard 11 inch model tees, so they're right on top of it if something happens and to get a good hold. On the playing field, I would think it'd be like trying to hammer a nail when someone else is holding it, when you've only ever practiced using a nailgun. I don't know, that's just me.

I just found it ironic that everyone was ready to toss Lindell because of his struggles beyond the 40 yard mark.

Link

254416[/snapback]

That's not bad at all if you realize that this is a kid still, and there's a lot of growing up to do still. Give him a chance and see how he does. Best kicker since Janikowski, and he's a steal in the 2nd round.

Remember, Peyton didnt get to where he is in his first season.

I just found it ironic that everyone was ready to toss Lindell because of his struggles beyond the 40 yard mark.

Link

254416[/snapback]

Indeed...lets take a workout and judge him as worthless. Lets ignore his 7/9 FG rate this season from 40-49 or his 5/6 from 50+ yards that he actually did during games this season. Nugent is going to be great in the NFL, the next Jason Elam in my opinion...if a team passes on him because of a Combine workout, then they'll be making a huge mistake.

I would assume they used tees...

Found this site a while back and it's the one Lindell was using in the scrimmage vs. the Browns last July. I've been told by one of the former UConn kickers that it sucks (I kicked for S&G just to try it, and sometimes they were there).

Holders in games do not sit back 17 inches, as if they're pinching their noses and throwing toxic underwear into the hamper. They're close to the ball, like the more standard 11 inch model tees, so they're right on top of it if something happens and to get a good hold. On the playing field, I would think it'd be like trying to hammer a nail when someone else is holding it, when you've only ever practiced using a nailgun. I don't know, that's just me.

254647[/snapback]

I graduated from S&G. Our motto was "Sometimes the former half of our name happens and sometimes you just can't stop the latter half."

Link

254416[/snapback]

You obviously don't know a couple things. First, the kick that Lindell missed agains the Steelers was far less than 40 yards. Yes, Lindell can't kick longer than 45 EVER, but he is inconsistent with easy kicks especially when there is added pressure.

Also, you obviously haven't seen Nugent play. I've watched him for four years. He is a fantastic clutch kicker, NEVER misses the easy ones, and he can kick it from 60 with no wind.

First off, I would like to say that there isn't a kicker anywhere that gets the crowd response that NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gets here in Columbus. As for his combine performance, he might have been 12/15 but it didn't say anything about his kickoffs. In the Alamo Bowl there was an offside penalty on OSU and the ball was moved back to the NFL mark. He still put the ball 5 yards deep for a touchback. Nugent is also one of the most clutch kickers you will ever meet. I doubt you guys saw the OSU-Marshall game this year, but that 52 yard kick for the win was amazing. Nugent is a great kicker and is worth a pick.