Bye bye Tyrod

MAJBobby

TT isn't the problem. Marcel Dareus is the problem. Huge contract eating cap space, too lazy or stupid to learn the defense, too selfish or undisciplined to not smoke weed, a good player but not like you should expect from the #3 overall.

The Bills want to keep their options open on TT, and they should do exactly that. I think he'll be back next year because unless we can swing a Dareus plus TT trade for a really good QB, there's no way the Bills can upgrade at QB. Even that trade would be tough for the other team to handle because of the balloon in TT's contract plus Dareus's ridiculous contract.

The Bills have a chance to set an NFL record for fewest turnovers. So they're going to play EJ. Just sayin'. I would rather see Cardale Jones to get an idea if he's grasping things. Big arm and not afraid to use it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With even a top half of the league D, this year's record would have been at least 10 wins. Would that be enough success for you to want Taylor back? If not, what would it take for you and others of your ilk to finally realize that, at least this year, the problem was the D, not the O? Not claiming he'll ever attain "greatness," just asking for reality-based judgments.

If the D was great, we'd probably be going to the playoffs as wild card fodder for the teams actually contending for the SUPER BOWL-

Remember the Super Bowl? The thing NFL teams are actually trying to win. It's not about just getting into the playoffs. And that kind of thinking by management will only keep us further from winning a championship here.

If the D was great, we'd probably be going to the playoffs as wild card fodder for the teams actually contending for the SUPER BOWL-

Remember the Super Bowl? The thing NFL teams are actually trying to win. It's not about just getting into the playoffs. And that kind of thinking by management will only keep us further from winning a championship here.

Certainly not claiming this is a SB team, just pointing out that the poster's assumption that the Bills 8-8 record is because of Taylor is just plain wrong.

BTB, thirty teams fail to make the SB. I don't regard all of them as mediocre flops. And even if the Bills only made it to the wildcard round, there to be defeated, you know many around here would take that as a sign of the arrow pointing in the right direction. And Rex would still have a job.

Edited by yungmack

Tyrod doesn't come across as a leader. There is almost no passion from him. Doesn't seem to have any relationship with his o-line. EJ took his lineman out. One day I think EJ will lead a team again, Tyrod is one knee injury, slowing him down, from being in this league. He is not a pocket passer, doesn't know how to step up and throw, Flutie at least tried.

So did anyone besides me think rex wasnt fired until the d took a sheet vs miami?

Given that they didn't bench tyrod then, even with the injury clause, i figure miami was the last shot for rex to save his butt, and 200 yards to ajai, and losing to the back up, he was cooked.

That is my feeling as well

Tyrod doesn't come across as a leader. There is almost no passion from him. Doesn't seem to have any relationship with his o-line. EJ took his lineman out. One day I think EJ will lead a team again, Tyrod is one knee injury, slowing him down, from being in this league. He is not a pocket passer, doesn't know how to step up and throw, Flutie at least tried.

You are out of your damn mind....AND blind

Certainly not claiming this is a SB team, just pointing out that the poster's assumption that the Bills 8-8 record is because of Taylor is just plain wrong.

BTB, thirty teams fail to make the SB. I don't regard all of them as mediocre flops. And even if the Bills only made it to the wildcard round, there to be defeated, you know many around here would take that as a sign of the arrow pointing in the right direction. And Rex would still have a job.

continuity, especially at the qb position goes a long way toward this. I just don't feel TT has performed poorly enough to disrupt that. Finding QB's who perform even at his level is hard to find. Waiting on the next Kelly or Brady or whatever could lead to the next 20 years being filled with more awfulness. Retreads, drafting one every two years is a lottery heavily weighted against you. TT can win with a solid D and better weapons, and protection!

continuity, especially at the qb position goes a long way toward this. I just don't feel TT has performed poorly enough to disrupt that. Finding QB's who perform even at his level is hard to find. Waiting on the next Kelly or Brady or whatever could lead to the next 20 years being filled with more awfulness. Retreads, drafting one every two years is a lottery heavily weighted against you. TT can win with a solid D and better weapons, and protection!

Ah, sanity.

Who is the "passionate leader" on this team? There is none.

No one cares that EJ took his guys out for a meal. They wouldn't want him starting every week.

Claiming TT is not a leader and comparing him to the afterthought of a backup Qb in that regard is beyond ridiculous.

So did anyone besides me think rex wasnt fired until the d took a sheet vs miami?

Given that they didn't bench tyrod then, even with the injury clause, i figure miami was the last shot for rex to save his butt, and 200 yards to ajai, and losing to the back up, he was cooked.

That's exactly what I thought - I think the Pegulas genuinely do value continuity and consistency, and given signs of trending in the right direction, they would have stayed the course with Rex. I genuinely thought if the team had looked sharp and played hard the last 2 games, Rex would have been given another year.

I thought the press "leak" about wanting to bench Tyrod was evidence of that, because Tyrod he was still playing. If there had been a disagreement between the bean counters (Brandon's guys), the GM, and Rex (which I can believe, given the rumors), the Pegulas clearly sided with Rex on the Tyrod issue, which there would be no reason for them to do if they'd made up their mind he was gone.

I'm not even sure the 200 yds to Ajayi or the punt on 4th down did it. I think it was the 10 men on the field, because it's such show of coaching/game management incompetence and at that point the Pegulas were, "we've seen all we need to see of this stuff. We gave him everything he wanted in the way of assistants, so that isn't it. It's clearly just not going away while Rex is driving the bus so hand over the keys, guy".

I also think it's the reason why we won't have a problem attracting coaches. "Why did you can Rex's ass after only 2 years?" "Just make sure there's 11 guys ON the field, and show competent game management, 'kay?" "Okay, got it"

I'm rolling with him in the final (stupid week 17 final!) of one of my fantasy leagues over Rivers. I gotta believe something good is going to happen here.

Ouch, things have become desperate for you. I can't image a world where I start EJ in FF

Ouch! Can't say my eyes agree with this about Taylor.

Edited by horned dogs