Trump foreign policy

"Americans are weary of war, and have no interest in entering another Middle East conflict, particularly on behalf of Saudi Arabia," Pelosi argued. "They will not stand by while the President undermines our security and jeopardizes the lives of our brave service members."

She's right. Our troops are not human shields and Saudi Arabia has enough weapons to defends its own corrupt, brutal regime 

US says Assad regime used chlorine in May attack

Pompeo said Wednesday that the US "will not allow these attacks to go unchallenged, nor will we tolerate those who choose to conceal these atrocities." He also announced an additional $4.5 million contribution by the US to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons "to help its investigations of continued chemical weapons use in Syria."

The Trump administration ordered retaliatory strikes against Syrian regime targets in 2017 and 2018 after reports of chemical weapons attacks by Syrian President Bashar al Assad's forces.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/26/politics/syria-chlorine-attack-may/index.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well in that case, then I'd be fine with ganz holding the office. Was there a runoff I missed? If so, apologies.

Gantz has been unable to form a government and now its Netanyahu’s task to try.  

It looks like they might be heading to a third election.

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Gantz has been unable to form a government and now its Netanyahu’s task to try.  

It looks like they might be heading to a third election.

Not having a full understanding of their parliamentary system, what makes you say that it's the end of the only democracy in the ME?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not having a full understanding of their parliamentary system, what makes you say that it's the end of the only democracy in the ME?

You need 60 seats to form a majority. Since there are many parties, any government will have to align themselves with other parties to form a government. 

Netanyahu has historically formed a coalition with the ultra religious to maintain his power and that’s why i personally don’t like him.

I don’t think it’s healthy to have the same leader for so long which is why I made the comment.

• Thank you (+1) 1