Roster Cuts

Matt in KC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do joe burns and that dorenbos guy keep sticking around?  burns sucks and they don't have the depth to afford a dedicated long snapper.

kinda surprised at the sobeski cut, i thought he was being groomed to take C away from Teague

19113[/snapback]

I think Tucker overtook him for the back-up Center role in the last two weeks. As far as Sobieski vs. Pucillo--we never really saw Sobieski on the field for real..we know Pucillo is bad--but maybe Big Ben was worse. Also, I have heard about shoulder and back problems for Sobieski that border on chronic....

Too bad about Sullivan,

I would've thought TD could've at least gotten a low draft choice for him.

19116[/snapback]

I feel bad about this one to Rico. The kid did show some early promise..but he seemed very lazy the last two years. The opportunity was there for him due to injury last year and then Ruben being cut and he never really competed. He looked slow at tackle and very tame at guard.....well he lasted three years....I think that makes him pension eligible...

Someone will pick up Stevenson in a heart beat.

19112[/snapback]

Being from Tennessee this one hurts. I thought he added solid depth and was pretty good at pass coverage.

Wow, I certainly did not think that both McKenzie & Gildon would get cut.

Sorry to hear about Drew Haddad, I was hoping he would find a spot.

We all knew it would be either Pucillo or Sullivan, not both.

Not that surprised that Joe Burns stayed, since he is listed as the backup FB.

Too bad about Dominique Stevenson, he's been a good special teamer and backup LB.

Ben Sobieski was a surprise leaving, and Jon Dorenbos a surprise staying.

My condolences to the fan of Lauvale Sape.

Congratulations to Shaud Williams, he has looked sharp.

Congratulations to Constantin Ritzmann, this was the guy I was praying for. He has looked very good in the preseason, could be a diamond in the rough, and what a great story he is, coming from Germany. Way to go kid.

Now lets get Jason Peters on the P-Squad.

I think Tucker overtook him for the back-up Center role in the last two weeks. As far as Sobieski vs. Pucillo--we never really saw Sobieski on the field for real..we know Pucillo is bad--but maybe Big Ben was worse.  Also, I have heard about shoulder and back problems for Sobieski that border on chronic....

19117[/snapback]

I hope there is something to the Sobieski back and shoulder thing. Wasn't Sobieski a 4th round pick last year? That is pretty fast turnaround on a relatively high draft pick. Obviously, somebody at One Bills Drive thinks Puccio has some game, given all the time and opportunity he has been given to develop.

I guess, other than Sobieski, the biggest surprises to me are that both McKenzie and Gildon got whacked (I figured they would keep one of them, McKenzie) and Dominique Stephenson. Despite the crappy special teams this summer, the ST's did show some improvement on coverage as last season wore on, and Stephenson seemed very solid. I am very scared for our special teams (again) this year....

I hope there is something to the Sobieski back and shoulder thing. Wasn't Sobieski a 4th round pick last year? That is pretty fast turnaround on a relatively high draft pick. Obviously, somebody at One Bills Drive thinks Puccio has some game, given all the time and opportunity he has been given to develop.

The only thing that bugs me buftex--is that Sobieski was not even a starter in college for most of his career because of the shoulder issue...he even shared time as a senior. That's UDFA material to me -- not a draft choice....a little frustrating to waste a pick but it won't be the first or the last...

The only thing that bugs me buftex--is that Sobieski was not even a starter in college for most of his career because of the shoulder issue...he even shared time as a senior. That's UDFA material to me -- not a draft choice....a little frustrating to waste a pick but it won't be the first or the last...

19131[/snapback]

Joe...I agree 100%. Ben S = another wasted draft pick. IMHO.

Why's everybody surprised Dorenbos made the team? It's not like any other long snapper was used in pre-season. Burns makes the team due to special teams coverage and his rep. as a runner. All Ritzmann did in preseason was make plays - so - congrats to him. Pucillo was the starter for most of PS, so, the coaches must see something in him. He seems to be the pissing boy for Bills fans, but, we don't see him day in day out like the coaches.

Why's everybody surprised Dorenbos made the team?  It's not like any other long snapper was used in pre-season. Burns makes the team due to special teams coverage and his rep. as a runner. All Ritzmann did in preseason was make plays - so - congrats to him.  Pucillo was the starter for most of PS, so, the coaches must see something in him.  He seems to be the pissing boy for Bills fans, but, we don't see him day in day out like the coaches.

19134[/snapback]

I'm not surprised. They tried Nuefeld, Denny, Teague--none had the velocity or accuracy according to reports from Chris Brown and Jeff Morrison. I think the Magic Man has a chance to be an Adam Linger type---he has a very unique talent and seems to be very willing to work to get better.

I'm not surprised. They tried Nuefeld, Denny, Teague--none had the velocity or accuracy according to reports from Chris Brown and Jeff Morrison. I think the Magic Man has a chance to be an Adam Linger type---he has a very unique talent and seems to be very willing to work to get better.

He does have skill...and it's hard not to root for a kid with his story.

19131[/snapback]

Actually he was a 5th round pick...still, not a good move on TD's part.