• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your nick name growing up?

Or some of your buddies names

Tommy two toes?

Thumbs?

253405[/snapback]

I never really had a nickname growing up but several people near and dear (and not so) to me did. My father's cousin used to call my brother 'Stinky' when we were kids due to my bro's gaseous propensities! :w00t:

As a kid, my sister had long Marcia Brady-esque hair. Her name is Sherry so we shortened it to 'Hair' (as in Sh-hair-ry)...it then morphed into 'The Hare'.

My best friend as a kid was named Gary. Everyone called him 'Chip' except this one guy that called him 'Twinky' after 'Twinky The Kid' on the Hostess snack box. I'm not quite sure how that nickname came about.

A guy we hung out with in high school had the last name Winckler. We used to rag on him unmercilessly. Eventually, when anyone would do something stupid we'd say: "You're such a Winckler."

But my favorite of all time is another guy (not a friend) that went to high school with us. I can't remember his real first name since no one used it, but I think it was Charles or something. His last name was Dyke and the first name he went by was...no joke, the God's honest truth...Butch. That's right, Butch Dyke!!! :);):D:lol:

My mom called me "sh-it for brains." I never got what she meant though.  :w00t:

253503[/snapback]

Did ya ever hear Bill Cosby's old routine where he spent the first ten years of his life thinking his name is 'Jesus Christ'? And his brother's name was Goddamit. He tried to convince his friends he was Jesus Christ, and they wouldn't believe him, so he brought home a whole bunch of friends...all of them walk into his house and he says "Mom, these are my friends." Mother sees all the kids dragging mud into her living room and yells "Jesus Christ!" And he turns to his friends "See, I told ya."

I never had a nickname growing up. People and friends tried to give me one but it would never stick. (maybe having an identical twin brother just confused people to much on what my name was anyway) I guess you could say that a name I answered to growing up, that was not my own, was "Steve" the name of my brother :D