( OT ) Nick names

erynthered

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We called my buddy's mom "Ralph" - no idea why, her name was Judy. For a while she changed ethnic groups and became "Raoul." Ralph made a mean french toast - let me tell ya.

Two other guys in the hood were related. One went by Kook and the other by Babsy. Again, no idea why but that's what they were forever known by. I called Kook "Munga".

We called my buddy's mom "Ralph" - no idea why, her name was Judy.  For a while she changed ethnic groups and became "Raoul."  Ralph made a mean french toast - let me tell ya.

Two other guys in the hood were related.  One went by Kook and the other by Babsy.  Again, no idea why but that's what they were forever known by.  I called Kook "Munga".

253407[/snapback]

I started thinking about it cause I've given my little girls nick names. They seem to respond to them pretty well when times may be a little stressed.

Plus that idiot in vegas last week got me thinking, !@#$ing Gilligan :w00t:

Never had a nickname growing up. My intials are PD (HopsGuy is my confirmation name :w00t: ), and a couple of years ago a friend (?) started calling me P-Diddy. I'm sorry to say that it has stuck. It's been shortened to Diddy, but that's what they call me.

It's strictly because of my initials and has nothing to do with my ardent desire to sample old music for a hit that will make me rich.

Never had a nickname growing up.  My intials are PD (HopsGuy is my confirmation name  :w00t: ), and a couple of years ago a friend (?) started calling me P-Diddy.  I'm sorry to say that it has stuck.  It's been shortened to Diddy, but that's what they call me.

It's strictly because of my initials and has nothing to do with my ardent desire to sample old music for a hit that will make me rich.

253448[/snapback]

One of my favorite recent TV moments involves Zakk Wylde talking about catching his 19 year old nephew watching the Kashmir remix.

"Hey Uncle Zakk, check out this cool P-Diddy song."

"That's fuggin' Led Zepplin, ass hole."