Anyone know anything about pizzagate????

Get Ready for a Week of ‘Fake News’ Hysteria

Brace yourselves. In the coming days, we’re going to hear a lot about how “fake news” is now a mortal threat to all Americans.

A North Carolina man who sent customers and employees scrambling when he fired a gun inside a northwest Washington pizzeria Sunday told police he went there to investigate a fictitious online conspiracy theory involving the restaurant and high-ranking Democrats.

After his arrest, Welch told police he was there to investigate a fake news conspiracy theory known as “pizza gate” involving the pizzeria in the 5000 block of Connecticut Avenue NW. Posts to Facebook and Reddit claim Comet was the home base of a child sex abuse ring run by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her presidential campaign chair, John Podesta.

“What happened today demonstrates that promoting false and reckless conspiracy theories does come with consequences,” Comet Ping Pong owner James Alefantis said.

No two ways about it, a guy who goes into a restaurant and starts firing his gun all willy-nilly is a bad dude, and he ought to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But now there’s going to be an eager effort to shift responsibility from him to whoever wrote about this restaurant. This guy sounds like he graduated from the Yosemite Sam School of Forensic Investigation, and if he hadn’t shown up at the doorstep of this restaurant, he would have shown up at the gate of Edwards Air Force Base asking about the aliens at Area 51 or stomped around the Pacific Northwest hunting Bigfoot. Blaming “fake news” implies a warning to everyone, “don’t write or say something that could set off some nut-job.” That argument assumes that there’s a rationality to the nut-job, and it’s our responsibility to not offer anything that could cause an irrational mind to lash out.

Unless, of course, you think the Southern Poverty Law Center is responsible for the guy who tried to shoot up the Family Research Center in Washington D.C. in 2012. That would-be-gunman “had stopped by Chick-fil-A to pick up 15 sandwiches, which he planned to smear in the dying faces of staffers.” He said he chose the FRC as a target because the Southern Poverty Law Center called the organization “a hate group.”

Rumors and false news reports can lead to violence, huh? You mean like the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative that came out of Ferguson, Missouri?

What DOJ found made me ill. [Officer Darren] Wilson knew about the theft of the cigarillos from the convenience store and had a description of the suspects. [The late Michael] Brown fought with the officer and tried to take his gun. And the popular hands-up storyline, which isn’t corroborated by ballistic and DNA evidence and multiple witness statements, was perpetuated by Witness 101. In fact, just about everything said to the media by Witness 101, whom we all know as Dorian Johnson, the friend with Brown that day, was not supported by the evidence and other witness statements.

Oh, I get it. You meant completely different kinds of fake news, just the kinds you don’t like.

We keep hearing the Comet conspiracy theory reported as “fake news” — did anything resembling an actual news organization ever write about it? If not, then it is on par with aliens, black helicopters, and other conspiracy theories. There’s no broader lesson for actual news organizations. And the only way you’ll ever stop nut-jobs from trafficking in lunatic conspiracy theories is by shutting down the Internet.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/442758/get-ready-week-fake-news-hysteria

Fwiw, I denied a very good opportunity to be interviewed about my farm because as I inquired about the media outlet they work closely and support the splc

Fwiw. I denied a very good opportunity to be interviewed about my farm because as I inquired about the media outlet they work closely and support the splc

Good for you sir.

The SPLC is bigotry masquerading as fair arbiters ................

You need look no further than them placing Dr. Ben Carson on the "U.S. Extremists" list last year.

They are media approved hate mongers.

I just read some about it, I'm not sure if it is real or some kind of hoax. If this is real, it is pretty disgusting and people should be arrested. If it isn't real, then someone should be held responsible for makiong something this terrible up.

Scary that people can't tell whst is real or not. This is what happens when you let idiots on the internet, they will believe anything.

Scary that people can't tell whst is real or not. This is what happens when you let idiots on the internet, they will believe anything.

Or when it's an intentional disinformation campaign.

"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false."

William Casey, CIA Director.