We are witnessing the slow decay of Charles Clay

Clay is open A LOT and Tyrod doesn't throw to him or doesn't see him...

It has to be so much tougher for shorter QBs to see the middle of the field. Some can develop other traits to mitigate their height disadvantage, but I don't see that happening with TT yet. He seems to be the same QB this year as he was last year so I'm more and more certain that what we've seen is what we're going to get with him. I looked at the NFL.com's scouting report on him. It still seems spot on:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyrod-taylor?id=2495240

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrade qb and clay will prosper.

Simple stuff.

I do think the people critiquing Clay only watch the Bills games on TV and never look at the all 22.

I confess I only watch the all 22 gifs that other people break down, but I have been to 5 games this season and tend to watch the patterns more than the QB.

Clay and O Leary are open a ton in the middle of the field.... and I mean a ton.

There is a reason we are dead last in YAC, and it ain't because our receivers suck.

I hate the idea of using a top pick on a TE, that position seems to be one of the most difficult for a player to transition into. I'd much rather solidify the oline than mess around with a TE.

I agree. Plus, many of the best TEs were mid to late round guys, while the first rounders seem to disappoint more often than not.

Year Team Games Rec Yards Avg TD's

2011 Mia 14 16 233 14.6 3

2012 Mia 14 18 212 11.8 2

2013 Mia 16 69 759 11.0 6

2014 Mia 14 58 605 10.4 3

2015 Buf 13 51 528 10.4 3

2016 Buf 11 36 323 9.0 0

These are his career stats. I said at the time that we were overpaying for an average tight end. The usual suspects on this board (who if you disagree with at all, simply state that you just don't understand the game because they possess vast football knowledge due to the fact that they post 50 times a day) were adamant that he was one of the top 3 tight ends in football. I showed them the numbers that Clay's were less than Chandler's every year. The response from these wise posters was that his numbers were less than Chandler's because Tannehill sucks and can't get him the ball. Now Tyrod sucks and can't get him the ball. His averages have pretty much been consistent. The ONE season that he played all 16 games looks pretty average.

Edited by Southern Bills Fan