Thank god Mike Nugent is crappier than Tyrod

This thread is all for naught. The Bills are gonna take on the TT option. Im calling it rite now. I just saw the breakdown. They structured that contract to where TT gets around 12M a year and if we cut him the dead cap space is 3M or under. Therefor we keep Tyrod on a relatively cheap QB contract (compared to other teams starting QBs) while we draft and develop a better one.

The credit here goes to daveau2324 who looked this up on sports tac

TT_contract.png

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is all for naught. The Bills are gonna take on the TT option. Im calling it rite now. I just saw the breakdown. They structured that contract to where TT gets around 12M a year and if we cut him the dead cap space is 3M or under. Therefor we keep Tyrod on a relatively cheap QB contract (compared to other teams starting QBs) while we draft and develop a better one.

The credit here goes to daveau2324 who looked this up on sports tac

TT_contract.png

I do think the Bills will take up the option but that is as the contract is currently structured. If he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the league year 2017 his money for 17 and 18 fully guarantees.

I do think the Bills will take up the option but that is as the contract is currently structured. If he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the league year 2017 his money for 17 and 18 fully guarantees.

I didnt realize that. I dont think EJ or Cardale will be ready to start next year either tbh. I know some people here are going to explode when they pick up his option if we do anything less than 10-6

I didnt realize that. I dont think EJ or Cardale will be ready to start next year either tbh. I know some people here are going to explode when they pick up his option if we do anything less than 10-6

I'm still to be convinced we should take it up. But I see no way the team goes worse than 3-3 down the stretch now, as healthy as it has been all year, and if we are 8-8 Rex is back and if Rex is back Tyrod will be the starting Quarterback.

It is that simple.

I'm still to be convinced we should take it up. But I see no way the team goes worse than 3-3 down the stretch now, as healthy as it has been all year, and if we are 8-8 Rex is back and if Rex is back Tyrod will be the starting Quarterback.

It is that simple.

Agree. On the off chance the wheels fall off and we go 6-10 and Tyrod doesnt get picked up here, he will start somewhere else, the league is too QB hungry and there arent enough good ones anymore.

Agree. On the off chance the wheels fall off and we go 6-10 and Tyrod doesnt get picked up here, he will start somewhere else, the league is too QB hungry and there arent enough good ones anymore.

Yes he is one of the best 32. I'm just not convinced he is that much but better than some other caretakers who would cost us a lot less than $15.9m against the cap next year. I hope we see more of the good Tyrod and less of the bad Tyrod because I do agree he is our Quarterback next year and the way the deal is constructed probably in 2018 as well. If Rex falls flat in 2017 a new regime will draft one high and let them sit behind Tyrod for most of 2018 and then there is another cheap break point in TT's deal and the Bills will move on.... unless of course Tyrod gets better and more consistent.

Yes he is one of the best 32. I'm just not convinced he is that much but better than some other caretakers who would cost us a lot less than $15.9m against the cap next year. I hope we see more of the good Tyrod and less of the bad Tyrod because I do agree he is our Quarterback next year and the way the deal is constructed probably in 2018 as well. If Rex falls flat in 2017 a new regime will draft one high and let them sit behind Tyrod for most of 2018 and then there is another cheap break point in TT's deal and the Bills will move on.... unless of course Tyrod gets better and more consistent.

Right. Thats the thing with Tyrod, With the current crop of QBs out he is definite a starter. I think hes more expensive then some of the other caretakers because he still has upside. With 2 seasons as a starter there is a good possibility he will get better next season as well, whereas with the Cutlers and Romos of the league, you know how good they are and its downhill from there. Tyrod can still progress and develop consistency. He has the arm strength and athletic ability, just needs to sharpen up his accuracy and reading the defense. I think thats what the FO sees in him. Potential. Not that much potential in an end of the road Cutler.

Yep and then the dead money will change if they pick up his option he will be on the Bills through 2018 at the earliest

I like that but his arm strength doesn't seem great, IMO.

Strong enough no issue with it.

Right. Thats the thing with Tyrod, With the current crop of QBs out he is definite a starter. I think hes more expensive then some of the other caretakers because he still has upside. With 2 seasons as a starter there is a good possibility he will get better next season as well, whereas with the Cutlers and Romos of the league, you know how good they are and its downhill from there. Tyrod can still progress and develop consistency. He has the arm strength and athletic ability, just needs to sharpen up his accuracy and reading the defense. I think thats what the FO sees in him. Potential. Not that much potential in an end of the road Cutler.

I would love a healthy Romo. But I don't think that exist.