What player(s) changes for bills to be strong playoff team!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major changes regarding Players need to happen for Bills to be a strong playoff contender.

I start with the QB.

Your thoughts?

QB obviously has the biggest impact on any team. With that being said the Bills are getting middle of the league type of QB play and there are no clear upgrades available. If you said that they could add Drew Brees next year I am all for it. There isn't an opportunity to upgrade there.

I will go with a realistic (albeit stretch option) and say that they sign Eric Berry. The money once thought to be allocated to Gilmore gives the Bills that back end presence to stop what happened Monday Night (even though Graham was great).

Who could Bills trade for multiple draft picks? Build the team up through the draft.

Not that it will happen but the Bills could get a 1st for Watkins or Tyrod. The other guys that may have some trade value (Woods and Lorax for example) are free agents. The you have Dareus, and his contract makes him untradeable.

The more realistic option is that some guys walk and they get a bunch of compensatory picks in 2018 (Bandit has posted his thoughts somewhere on those potential picks).

the one position that has let Bills down for many years is the QB. Bills need an Elite Qb. A QB that can pass the ball effectively,make smart decisions in the pocket, a quick release of Football.

All Tyrod Taylor does is rely on his legs way too much. He is NOT a true pocket passer.!!!!!

the one position that has let Bills down for many years is the QB. Bills need an Elite Qb. A QB that can pass the ball effectively,make smart decisions in the pocket, a quick release of Football.

All Tyrod Taylor does is rely on his legs way too much. He is NOT a true pocket passer.!!!!!

Yeah, you can say that again!

So who is the upgrade?

He is certainly not going anywhere in 2017 and likely beyond.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I say we go all in on offense and just take our lumps on defense. Stack the O with great players and score a lot of points. You can give Rex 22 All Pro defenders and he will screw it up.

It could work. Billick was supposedly an offensive uber mind but his team won with defense. The reverse has been true to a degree with Bellichick.

The real answer is to get a real coach, which is something we haven't had in a long long time. Juan was actually the closest thing we've had to one but he was missing that fire. Fire is about all Rex has except in spurts. his teams look fantastic for brief periods then get beaten by better plans. It has been happening for years.

I say we go all in on offense and just take our lumps on defense. Stack the O with great players and score a lot of points. You can give Rex 22 All Pro defenders and he will screw it up.

It could work. Billick was supposedly an offensive uber mind but his team won with defense. The reverse has been true to a degree with Bellichick.

The real answer is to get a real coach, which is something we haven't had in a long long time. Juan was actually the closest thing we've had to one but he was missing that fire. Fire is about all Rex has except in spurts. his teams look fantastic for brief periods then get beaten by better plans. It has been happening for years.

Rex' early Jets team played with much better talent. He had a darn good GM that helped to build a Playoff team. Mike Tannenbaum. A rookie QB that took team up to Gillette stadium beat up the Pats with Brady and won a playoff game....That is good....Billick was a mister perfection Hc that eventually cost him his job. Has not been any where since.

If anyone knew this answer they'd be hired by an NFL team immediately.

If people feel so strongly that an upgrade is out there they probably have some ideas as to whom right? You need to use foresight to build your team, not hindsight. The Bills are getting middle of the road QB play now and it is VERY difficult to upgrade from that. It takes a great degree of luck. Everyone is loving Dak Prescott who was the 8th QB selected last year. If there were a "can't miss" like Andrew Luck that is different. I don't see a QB in this draft that will EVER be better than TT is now. Does that mean that TT is perfect? No, it means I don't like the prospects. If people think that there is an upgrade let's discuss that person and their strengths and weaknesses. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So who is the upgrade?

He is certainly not going anywhere in 2017 and likely beyond.

You asked the right questions for sure. Who? it's easy for us to identify positions of weakness and I do it too. But that means all I am is a critic. I comment on problems without providing specific solutions.

So when we say the Bills need a franchise QB who do people have in mind? Do we believe Tony Romo might be expendable in Dallas this off-season and for a reasonable price the Bills should make a play for him? Maybe, I don't know how much Tony has left in the tank, if he would be open to coming to the Bills, or how good fit he would be with the team. What about other QB free agents. None of the QB's that might hit the market look like upgrades to me. And the draft? I haven't seen much consistency out of the 'top' rated QB's I've watched. Maybe somebody emerges out of the combine? So yeah, who do we have in mind for a QB upgrade?