!@#$ the Patriots

Virgil

As I'm enjoying my stress free Sunday and watching other teams slug it out, I hear the announcers talking about division standings. How these teams with a .500 record can move into second or first place with a win today.

It just pisses me off to think about every season where we know we have to probably go 12-4 if we want to win our division. How the wild card conversation is the only one we can usually have. We don't get the benefits/luck/parity that all of the other divisions get. We get the Pats every single year and easily the biggest contributor to our playoff drought.

I'm not saying anything new here. And yes, if you want to win then you need to be better. Yadda Yadda Yadda. But teams get in many times due to poor competition or just off years. We never seem to get that benefit and it blows.

As I'm enjoying my stress free Sunday and watching other teams slug it out, I hear the announcers talking about division standings. How these teams with a .500 record can move into second or first place with a win today.

It just pisses me off to think about every season where we know we have to probably go 12-4 if we want to win our division. How the wild card conversation is the only one we can usually have. We don't get the benefits/luck/parity that all of the other divisions get. We get the Pats every single year and easily the biggest contributor to our playoff drought.

I'm not saying anything new here. And yes, if you want to win then you need to be better. Yadda Yadda Yadda. But teams get in many times due to poor competition or just off years. We never seem to get that benefit and it blows.

If we can't beat NE on the field, we should at least try to beat them off the field.

Pegula should lobby for realignment. Get us in another division away from NE.

The problem is going to continue as long as B.B. is around. It's not just about Brady.

It could be argued we and the other teams in the AFC East are at a competitive disadvantage relative to other teams in the league as our only route to the playoffs is via the wild card.