Jersey Purchasing

brihs2005

I am a big jersey fan. I usually get one every year to pump me up for the season. I am wondering, considering we are unlikely to get a stud rookie, or a stud FA, who i should get for next season and how most of you selected the jerseys you currently have.

Do you buy a jersey of the QB?

Do you pick it because of the #?

Is it your favorite player?

Is it the biggest name new to the team?

I have always been a fan of winfield (i got his jersey the last year of the red white and blue)

Have Clements (my favorite Bill currently, and 22 was my former jersey number)

Have a TKO (big free agent two years ago)

and have a Moulds (Cause he has some serious game and because i wish i could have been a wideout).

Do you take a chance and buy a jersey like Vincent, because he may not be here in a few years? Do you try and only buy jerseys of guys that will be around for a long period of time? Any insights or am i just a putz for going to class or dress down fridays at work with my Bills jersey on (not to mention wearing it to the bar on sundays)?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I got one was an authentic Kelly jersey in '96. Kind of grew out of wearing sports stuff tho, besides UConn sweats and wool cap. It's fine for going to games and bars on the day of the game, but I don't do that very often.

If I were to get a new one, I'd do what SDS did and pick a number and have my own moniker on the nameplate. Smart guy, him.

#11: Rob Johnson (home jersey). Right when WGR broke the news that we were keeping Flutie and dumping RJ, I went out and bought all this RJ stuff on cbs-sportsline.com at a huge bargain. I think I got his jersey and two t-shirts for a total of $11. I knew WGR was full of it--so I took the risk and it paid off... until we dumped RJ a year later. :devil:

#78: Bruce Smith (home jersey). Favorite Bill of all-time

#51: Takeo Spikes (home jersey). Love his game and was so excited about his signing here that I bought the jersey.

Next purchase....Terrence McGee jersey (if they make one).

Jim Kelly USFL Houston Gamblers

Nate Clements

Troy Vincent

Lee Evans

My girl ordered me the Troy Vincent Jersey authentic for my birthday last summer. For some reason buffalobills.com sent her a Lee Evans authentic Jersey. She called and them and told them I wanted the Vincent Jersey and my birthday was coming up in two days. They told her to leave the Evans jersey in the box on her porch so they can pick it up and they will drop off the Vincent Jersey. They dropped off the Vincent jersey and never picked up the Evans. The best part is they never charged her for both only one, and I have yet to see an Evans authentic jersey anywhere.

Bruce Smith

Sam Cowart

Jay Riemersma

Rob Johnson

Drew Bledsoe.

all were cut about a year after I bought their jersey.

252461[/snapback]

I think I speak for all Bill's fan here when I say, stop buying Bill's Jerseys. If you want to wear some NFL garb, do us a favor and please buy a Brady Jersey.

Jim Kelly (Autographed)

Bruce Smith

Bledsoe (home and away) damn it!!

I think I'm going with a McGahee authentic next. Gotta save for that one though. Damn the good ones are expensive.

My son has an old style Moulds home and a McGahee home. He also has a Bledsoe home. I'm getting him a JP home next. That's the one he wants.

Andre Reed (home) - love of my life 0:)

Jim Kelly (home)

Thurman Thomas (home)

Chris Spielman (home)

Doug Flutie (home)

Peerless Price (away)

Takeo Spikes (away) - gift from BF 0:)

Drew Bledsoe (away)........far away now :doh:

Willis McGahee (home) - gift from Jen and Eric

Eric Moulds (away) and (alternate red)

Next up......probably JP Losman

:wub:

I just love Bills jerseys, I guess. :)

Oops. Forgot Lawyer Milloy (away) :flirt:

Edited by cåblelady

Andre Reed (home) - love of my life  :wub:

Jim Kelly (home)

Thurman Thomas (home)

Chris Spielman (home)

Doug Flutie (home)

Peerless Price (away)

Takeo Spikes (away) - gift from BF  0:)

Drew Bledsoe (away)........far away now  :flirt:

Willis McGahee (home) - gift from Jen and Eric

Eric Moulds (away) and (alternate red)

Next up......probably JP Losman 

:doh:

I just love Bills jerseys, I guess.  0:)

252675[/snapback]

Any woman that can wear a jersey or a baseball hat and look good in it can get me hooked emotionally.

I am not sure what jersey will be my next... Either Willis, Evans, or JP, (Baker would be a cool jersey to have but i have no idea if he will even be on the roster next year)

I think Willis is the safest bet for a long career, followed by Evans. The #83 is just cooler than #21 no offense to Willis.

The way these guys move around, you're better off getting a retired player or your own name. I have a home #81 (Bobby) Chandler. If I get another, it would be a road #89 (Lou) Piccone or road #80 (Jerry) Butler. Let 'em know how long you've been a fan.