Worst MNF ratings in 9 years

Why do I care what the ratings are? Everybody seems so caught up in them this season but they don't effect me in the least bit.

Its like why should I care what the box office of this week's movies is? Or what is #1 on the music charts?

How much money somebody else makes off of a product - even one I enjoy - doesn't mean a thing to me in so long as they make enough money to continue putting out the product. And we are in no danger of the NFL going under anytime soon.

Sadly, I think many people view things things as some sort of validation for their likes and dislikes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People missed one of the best games of the year. If the Ravens and Browns outdraw that game, it would be silly since the Browns are the worst team in the league and Baltimore isn't as interesting as Seattle. My guess is the run up to the election had something to do with it.

biggest question and i mean this ...why do we care?

A lot of fans enjoy seeing their team play on Sunday/Monday night.

The NFL likes high TV ratings.

Teams that draw a poor national audience are less likely to appear on Sunday/Monday night.

Did any of you replying in this thread see the reader comments to the article the OP posted on? Virtually 4 of 5 blame the disrespect to our flag and country. I know at least of a few people that are adamant they are no longer watching the NFL. And once you stop you don't miss it. Goodell will rather point to any fact made up or not than tackle the disrespect issue. Because that could become so big and blow up on him and his product. Easier to not acknowledge it and hope it goes away

For me, the mind numbing amount of commercials. I can't take it, breaks up the game, then I start channel surfing and don't come back. Like last night

For me, the mind numbing amount of commercials. I can't take it, breaks up the game, then I start channel surfing and don't come back. Like last night

The commercials are a huge part of it. After every score, quarter, 2 minute warning, some kickoffs, turnovers, challenges, injuries, etc, etc. I was watching a game Sunday and this happened:

2nd and goal team calls timeout -- commercial break

team scores -- commercial break

kickoff, downed in endzone -- commercial break

There was 1 actual play surrounded by about 5 or 6 minutes of advertising.

In yesterday's Ravens/Browns game a pass was intercepted with 10 seconds left in the 1st quarter. Commercial break, run 1 play and end the quarter, break for commercial.

It just reeks of greed.