Just an Observation

billsfan_34

Someone tell me why Ed Reed is here? It seems to me our back end has drastically slipped under his tutelage. On a side note, did anyone see that half assed attempt by Gilmore trying to tackle Graham low and got hurdled?

You do realize he isn't the secondary coach right? He's just an assistant.

You do realize he isn't the secondary coach right? He's just an assistant.

I do, but I would say he has a big influence. Regardless this unit is horrible.

Well, whoever is coaching the secondary, certainly needs to be looked at as someone who is not doing a good job preparing his team. . It seems far too often the Bills secondary does not know who to cover, especially when the offense shows motion. :wallbash:

Last night Robey was lost pre-snap and the week prior Gilmore was. Both led to big plays.

I do, but I would say he has a big influence. Regardless this unit is horrible.

From my understanding he just watches film and looks for weaknesses which he then gives to the secondary coach, he's not doing a whole lot more than that. John Blake is who you want to direct your questions to. Ed Reed just gets all the camera time because he's.... Ed Reed.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well, whoever is coaching the secondary, certainly needs to be looked at as someone who is not doing a good job preparing his team. . It seems far too often the Bills secondary does not know who to cover, especially when the offense shows motion. :wallbash:

We don't have good players....Meeks, Blanton etc are crappy football players....Graham is old and slow. Gilmour and Darby have not been lockdown corners....Coaching will not help here....Aaron Williams left a big hole in the secondary. Not having Dareus also hurt as there was no pass rush from the gut and Wilson had all the time to sit in the pocket and throw.

From my understanding he just watches film and looks for weaknesses which he then gives to the secondary coach, he's not doing a whole lot more than that. John Blake is who you want to direct your questions to. Ed Reed just gets all the camera time because he's.... Ed Reed.

John Blake is the defensive line coach.

Tim McDonald is the DB coach.

mcdonald-tim-thumb.jpg

To the OP I was thinking the same thing. to the people saying he doesn't coach the secondary, it doesn't matter what his "title" is - he was obviously brought in to mentor and help out with the DBs. Stories from camp of the DBs folllowing him around like he was the pied piper. Where TF is Ed Reed while Gilmore sleep walks through games. He reminds me of the useless cronies Greggo brought with him who knew his system and how to run "his way"

Someone tell me why Ed Reed is here? It seems to me our back end has drastically slipped under his tutelage. On a side note, did anyone see that half assed attempt by Gilmore trying to tackle Graham low and got hurdled?

Gilmore always avoiding contact, doesn't wanna hurt his pretty face and trying to stay healthy so he can get paid next year. He will go somewhere else and be a superstar.