Updated (SEA) Bills 2016 Drop rate and Bad Pass Rate

MAJBobby

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it sorry I would like some progression (not regression) in 5 working on 6th NFL season. Guess I am asking for to much

Yes, as a matter of fact, you are. Because what you're asking for (more like demanding) is an entirely different style QB than TT is. And because he isn't what you have decided is the only type of QB who should be allowed in the league, nothing he does is any good, again according to you.

You are nearly deranged when it comes to TT. Maybe I'm missing other comments you might be posting in non-TT threads, but it appears to me your large number of posts are solely on one topic and one topic only: How bad TT is. Never a compliment, never an acknowledgement that anything he does is good. If he runs, he shouldn't have; if he doesn't run, he should have. If the league-wide stats show he's excellent in this or that category, then the stats are stupid. If league-wide stats show he's lousy in this or that category, count on you to turn to them to "prove" your monomaniacal thesis that he's worthless. Then, to top things off, should anyone dare question your arguments, you respond in only two ways, with a nasty rejoinder or a wounded sarcasm, such as the sentenced I highlighted.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But it is just your opinion, not some Truth writ by the burning finger of God on a tablet of stone. Your irritability and your nastiness seem to come from your apparent belief that what you say is Eternal Truth and not just one of many opinions, and thus those of us mere mortals who dare to challenge you are not just offering our opinions but are in fact heretics defying Holy Writ and therefore deserving of your sarcasm, anger and dismissal.

I don't disagree with everything you say about Tyrod because...not everything you say about him is wrong. It's the way you say it that becomes off-putting.

Here is the one thing about this data that makes it hard to rely on...WR errors and bad routes. We have an absolutely terrible cast of WRs right now and have most the season. Woods is terrible too, so please no one defend this guy who can't even keep his feet, get separation, or fight for a ball. His best attribute is blocking...which is a terrible thing to say about your #1 WR (or even #2 WR which is what he is really supposed to be).

There have been many times I have been screaming at the TV this season when guys like Clay just dog the route like they were jogging. I have seen Goodwin jogging on go routes so the ball gets grossly over thrown. I have seen WR's run the wrong direction to where the ball was thrown, so who made the mistake in that case...TT or the WR.

TT definitely needs to be better, so not making this some kind of excuse for him, but don't underestimate his decline in this area with the fact the WR group is worse this year. Our guys can't get separation, and even Woods who is supposed to a good route runner is blanketed by every DB in the league every week. Add in we have guys who have no chemistry yet with TT, guys who don't know the playbook very well, and guys deep from our bench in the lineup.

I also was to know how they determine what is a throw away or incomplete pass because TT will throw passes away from inside the pocket that have to go near a receiving option...so do those get counted as an incomplete bad pass or a throw away? Its easy to identify a throw away outside the pocket because he can throw it into the stands if he wants without getting an intentional grounding penalty.

Also what do they count as a drop? There were more passes than that which hit the ground after hitting a WR in a place they could catch it. Our WRs just don't make plays.

But here is the thing. Does it matter? They score everyonr the same so you can make comparisons amongst he league. Correct?

It is no different than any other stat is it?

The bottom line stat is how many points are we scoring? Tyrod and the offense aren't the reason we are losing. Each loss has been the D getting lit up with the lone exception of the Ravens game.

Complimentary football. Defense has bailed out offense many times, offense cant do the same

Yes, as a matter of fact, you are. Because what you're asking for (more like demanding) is an entirely different style QB than TT is. And because he isn't what you have decided is the only type of QB who should be allowed in the league, nothing he does is any good, again according to you.

You are nearly deranged when it comes to TT. Maybe I'm missing other comments you might be posting in non-TT threads, but it appears to me your large number of posts are solely on one topic and one topic only: How bad TT is. Never a compliment, never an acknowledgement that anything he does is good. If he runs, he shouldn't have; if he doesn't run, he should have. If the league-wide stats show he's excellent in this or that category, then the stats are stupid. If league-wide stats show he's lousy in this or that category, count on you to turn to them to "prove" your monomaniacal thesis that he's worthless. Then, to top things off, should anyone dare question your arguments, you respond in only two ways, with a nasty rejoinder or a wounded sarcasm, such as the sentenced I highlighted.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But it is just your opinion, not some Truth writ by the burning finger of God on a tablet of stone. Your irritability and your nastiness seem to come from your apparent belief that what you say is Eternal Truth and not just one of many opinions, and thus those of us mere mortals who dare to challenge you are not just offering our opinions but are in fact heretics defying Holy Writ and therefore deserving of your sarcasm, anger and dismissal.

I don't disagree with everything you say about Tyrod because...not everything you say about him is wrong. It's the way you say it that becomes off-putting.

Oh yeah, hes 100% on a TT crusade every week. Truth is, TT is NOT the reason we are 4-4. Clearly our OC was a major issue the first 2 weeks as we are 4-2 since we fired him and the offense is averaging substantially more points DESPITE the loss of a lot of offensive players SINCE week 2 to injury including Sammy, most our other WRs, and McCoy.

TT has definitely struggled at times, no doubt...but this narrative that its all his fault is ridiculous. This narrative of EJ is a better choice is even more ridiculous as he was the reason we were 8-8 last year going 0-2 in his only 2 starts, including pathetic loss to one of the worst teams in Jax last year, while TT had a winning record and was a Pro Bowl alternate. We are starting guys at WR who are either hurt, don't know the playbook, or are from deep on our bench each week. Aaron Rodgers saw his standards of production drop significantly with the loss of Nelson last year and that was with what was perceived as a deep WR group. Take away Sammy and we have a terrible stable of WR's and people are shocked its impacted TT? Its not TT fault and only his fault?

Lets not forget that we won 4 games because of TT ability to also make plays with his legs. The lack of logic and reason on this board is no surprise though...the attempts to always find creative ways to carry out a negative agenda on a QB on this board is also no surprise. Business as usual. I just wish MAJ didn't write War and Peace novels to try and disguise but still relay the exact same tired message of how he hates TT every week.

Really go look what i said about his play in the San Fran game? This thread if specifically going against the excuse of drops all over the field (obviously incorrect).

Oh yeah, hes 100% on a TT crusade every week. Truth is, TT is NOT the reason we are 4-4. Clearly our OC was a major issue the first 2 weeks as we are 4-2 since we fired him and the offense is averaging substantially more points DESPITE the loss of a lot of offensive players SINCE week 2 to injury including Sammy, most our other WRs, and McCoy.

TT has definitely struggled at times, no doubt...but this narrative that its all his fault is ridiculous. This narrative of EJ is a better choice is even more ridiculous as he was the reason we were 8-8 last year going 0-2 in his only 2 starts, including pathetic loss to one of the worst teams in Jax last year, while TT had a winning record and was a Pro Bowl alternate. We are starting guys at WR who are either hurt, don't know the playbook, or are from deep on our bench each week. Aaron Rodgers saw his standards of production drop significantly with the loss of Nelson last year and that was with what was perceived as a deep WR group. Take away Sammy and we have a terrible stable of WR's and people are shocked its impacted TT? Its not TT fault and only his fault?

Lets not forget that we won 4 games because of TT ability to also make plays with his legs. The lack of logic and reason on this board is no surprise though...the attempts to always find creative ways to carry out a negative agenda on a QB on this board is also no surprise. Business as usual. I just wish MAJ didn't write War and Peace novels to try and disguise but still relay the exact same tired message of how he hates TT every week.

You guys can call it a Crusade. Sorry i want better QB play and sick of the standard Bills fans excuses for bad play.

I compliment Tyrod when he does good, but hey keep on your crusade about me crusading.

We won 4 games against really bad football teams lets not sugar coat it.

Yes NE was bad when you are playing an injured 3rd string Rookie QB

But here is the thing. Does it matter? They score everyonr the same so you can make comparisons amongst he league. Correct?

Complimentary football. Defense has bailed out offense many times, offense cant do the same

Yes it very much does matter. TT is a lot more careful with the football and doesn't force bad throws under pressure and throws the ball to uncatchable spots rather than cause a turnover. So how they score a throw away does matter not that point.

The quality of the WR group also very much matters. Find a worse group of healthy WR's in the NFL...anywhere I dare you. There isnt one. So how bad the WR's are at running routes or running the wrong routes is very much a significant impact for TT versus other teams. We are starting players who are not good route runners and some who barely even know the playbook. So if TT is throwing to where they are supposed to be and they aren't there then that impacts TT very much. So to disregard the complete lack of options at WR compared to last year where he had a lethal Sammy once he was healthy and Woods was better in a complimentary role is foolish.

You see...you don't care about facts that can impact the stats. You just want to sell your narrative that TT is terrible, so you disregard any outside factors that could contribute to a decline. Passing is a TWO WAY street in the NFL...WR depends on the QB, and the QB depends on the receiver. Injuries to either significantly impact the other. But you want to make it black and white and just say TT sucks rather than look at what could possibly be contributing to decline in what ever stats you want to cherry pick to sell your agenda.

And look, TT has left plays on the field...however, our 4 losses are not all on him, but if people listened to your long, very long winded, rants about him you would think we had a Super Bowl roster with only a bad QB to blame.

And for the record these 3 stats point to the "drop" perception. From there i comment on peoples comments and that offends people because I am off putting because people dont want to hear that Tyrod is regressing

Yes it very much does matter. TT is a lot more careful with the football and doesn't force bad throws under pressure and throws the ball to uncatchable spots rather than cause a turnover. So how they score a throw away does matter not that point.

The quality of the WR group also very much matters. Find a worse group of healthy WR's in the NFL...anywhere I dare you. There isnt one. So how bad the WR's are at running routes or running the wrong routes is very much a significant impact for TT versus other teams. We are starting players who are not good route runners and some who barely even know the playbook. So if TT is throwing to where they are supposed to be and they aren't there then that impacts TT very much. So to disregard the complete lack of options at WR compared to last year where he had a lethal Sammy once he was healthy and Woods was better in a complimentary role is foolish.

You see...you don't care about facts that can impact the stats. You just want to sell your narrative that TT is terrible, so you disregard any outside factors that could contribute to a decline. Passing is a TWO WAY street in the NFL...WR depends on the QB, and the QB depends on the receiver. Injuries to either significantly impact the other. But you want to make it black and white and just say TT sucks rather than look at what could possibly be contributing to decline in what ever stats you want to cherry pick to sell your agenda.

And look, TT has left plays on the field...however, our 4 losses are not all on him, but if people listened to your long, very long winded, rants about him you would think we had a Super Bowl roster with only a bad QB to blame.

Show me 1 route 1 video Tyrod is throwing with anticipation to were a WR is going to be. He doesnt (except for the gos). He wait until he sees the player open. So based off that again it doesnt matter at the end of the day.

Now your argument can be used against the statement that tyrod doesnt throw to windows or anticipation. But you are not, you are using it to commbat drop statistic and bad pass statistics

And again i admit when i am shown wrong. Drops all over the field Stats nope.

You can do exactly what you are trying to do with any stat in football

You guys can call it a Crusade. Sorry i want better QB play and sick of the standard Bills fans excuses for bad play.

I compliment Tyrod when he does good, but hey keep on your crusade about me crusading.

We won 4 games against really bad football teams lets not sugar coat it.

Yes NE was bad when you are playing an injured 3rd string Rookie QB

Rams were 3-1, AZ was coming off a massive win, NE was undefeated still with back up QBs, and SF sucks. They were not all bad football teams. Chicago just beat Minnesota last night...one is a SB contender, the other had 1 win coming into the game...the one win team won. No win in this league is a gimme! We also LOST last year against one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and this year in JAX with guess who at QB...EJ, not TT. TT had a winning record last year, EJ was 0-2. TT was a pro bowl alternate, EJ is a bloopers reel star second only to Sanchez.

And...for the love of all things holy, EVERYONE on this board KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt that you don't like TT...is it really necessary to dedicate so much time every single week in every thread, shout box, etc to telling us all one more time how you don't like him? Do you really think everyone who doesn't think he's as bad as you want him to be is suddenly going to go "Oh yeah, that MAJ knows his stuff and I am convinced of his spoon fed opinion now!"? I mean really dude, you write War and Peace novels on this guy every single week...we get it.

And the truth is, he's not as good as he should be, and he's not as bad as you whine about. The offensive injuries have been substantial this year (again) and its going to impact ANY QB in the NFL, not just TT. He is also out there making plays with his legs, and he makes a LOT more plays than our WR's or Clay make...A LOT MORE. So let me know when you start a thread criticizing the scrubs playing WR or the embarrassing effort Clay puts out each week.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Rams were 3-1, AZ was coming off a massive win, NE was undefeated still with back up QBs, and SF sucks. They were not all bad football teams. Chicago just beat Minnesota last night...one is a SB contender, the other had 1 win coming into the game...the one win team won. We also LOST last year against one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and this year in JAX with guess who at QB...EJ, not TT. TT had a winning record last year, EJ was 0-2. TT was a pro bowl alternate, EJ is a bloopers reel star second only to Sanchez.

And...for the love of all things holy, EVERYONE on this board KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt that you don't like TT...is it really necessary to dedicate so much time every single week in every thread, shout box, etc to telling us all one more time how you don't like him? Do you really think everyone who doesn't think he's as bad as you want him to be is suddenly going to go "Oh yeah, that MAJ knows his stuff and I am convinced of his spoon fed opinion now!"? I mean really dude, you write War and Peace novels on this guy every single week...we get it.

And the truth is, he's not as good as he should be, and he's not as bad as you whine about. The offensive injuries have been substantial this year (again) and its going to impact ANY QB in the NFL, not just TT. He is also out there making plays with his legs, and he makes a LOT more plays than our WR's or Clay make...A LOT MORE. So let me know when you start a thread criticizing the scrubs playing WR or the embarrassing effort Clay puts out each week.

Again how is AZ right now. You are what you are. The Bills beat a Bad San Fran and LA team, a Bad NE QB and what looks like a Bad AZ team at this point. Great

Do youself a favor Alpha look at TT stats in these 3 areas in 2015 with healthy WRs. Similar huh? So there is your context, no progression.

Edited by MAJBobby

Again how is AZ right now. You are what you are. The Bills beat a Bad San Fran and LA team, a Bad NE QB and what looks like a Bad AZ team at this point. Great

They werent bad then, they are struggling now with injuries...but they were at full strength and coming off a blowout win. So you an spin it anyway you want, but you are under qualified to have this discussion because you only discuss it from a completely biased position. You think youre slick starting threads that appear not to be about slamming TT but always are really about slamming TT. You even do it after wins where TT played well. Jig is up, get a new story.

They werent bad then, they are struggling now with injuries...but they were at full strength and coming off a blowout win. So you an spin it anyway you want, but you are under qualified to have this discussion because you only discuss it from a completely biased position. You think youre slick starting threads that appear not to be about slamming TT but always are really about slamming TT. You even do it after wins where TT played well. Jig is up, get a new story.

Under qualified really try again. Ooo they are bad they wete good then. SEE INDY a couple years ago. Signature win at the end of the day no.it wasnt because they were a bad football team

Under qualified. Healthy weapons last year.

Last Year 13 Drops out of 380 attempts with a 3.42% drop rate effecting him.

3.0% drop rate this year. But blame the WR injuries.

And i am glad the board knows i dont like bad QB play. Great i guess that makes me a villian because i want top end QB play on a team that has been AVG at best for 16 years

Edited by MAJBobby

Under qualified really try again. Ooo they are bad they wete good then. SEE INDY a couple years ago. Signature win at the end of the day no.it wasnt because they were a bad football team

Sorry you are right...GROSSLY UNQUALIFIED. You hilariously try so desperately to try and sound like you have football intellect every week when more often than not your post or comments make no sense, are carefully chosen to sell a one note narrative against TT, and really are more about creating the illusion of analysis despite its complete lack of unbiased input.

MAJBobby, your hatred for Tyrod almost seems personal. Did you find out he was banging your sister? Are you really EJ's mom? What is your problem with him?

Hatred? That is your comeback. Guess you cant dispute the stats can you so go with this instead

Sorry you are right...GROSSLY UNQUALIFIED. You hilariously try so desperately to try and sound like you have football intellect every week when more often than not your post or comments make no sense, are carefully chosen to sell a one note narrative against TT, and really are more about creating the illusion of analysis despite its complete lack of unbiased input.

Educate me point to my lack of football knowledge. Go

And actually this intial post was to kill the excuse of drops. It has done that as shown. But yet everygame i hear people saying well the 5 drops, drops all over the field are hurting Tyrod, the reality is no they are not and that is an excuse being used for below AVG QB play

Garbage time stats too...

And actually this intial post was to kill the excuse of drops. It has done that as shown. But yet everygame i hear people saying well the 5 drops, drops all over the field are hurting Tyrod, the reality is no they are not and that is an excuse being used for below AVG QB play

Actually you are completely and totally wrong...as usual. You see, there is watching the game and then reading stat sheets which can never accurately categorize each play as it happens. Your stat sheet doesn't show WR's running a bad route. Your stat sheets don't show WR's running a wrong route. Your stat sheets don't show the lack of effort to catch a ball by the receiver. Your stat sheets dont show the receiver poor effort on a play. Your stat sheet doesn't show Woods laying on the ground. Your stat sheet doesn't show the scrubs playing WR. Your stat sheet dont show our guys not getting separation. Your stat sheet doesn't reflect the secondary weapon of our QB which is to also make plays with his legs.

But when you WATCH the game and you watch a guy like Clay completely dog a route and then not be where he should be if he ran a crips and urgent route then you know its not all on TT. When you watch Goodwin jog on a go route so bad that he is over thrown by 10 yards for a pic then you know its not all on TT. When you watch woods lose his footing on a simple route and the ball is delivered where he SHOULD have been if he wasnt such a cluts then you know its not all on TT. When you watch Hunter go one way and the ball go the other way you know there is clearly a miscommunication between the two, not just a bad pass.

I could go on and on...but you see there is understanding football, understanding the symphony that happens on every single play between the OL, QB, route runners, motion, cuts, the defensive pass rush, the coverage, etc...that impacts the totality of the game on a play by play basis. Where the overall personnel on the field, the play call, the play development, the weather, the game situation, etc etc all factor into the effectiveness of the play.

You on the other hand want to cherry pick stats week in and week out while ignoring all other game factors to sell a single biased agenda to prove TT is the sole problem. So spare me the BS...you want to talk football then talk football. The jig is up on your agenda and constant BS of your mirage of analysis which is almost always off base. You like to throw out numbers to somehow show you know something, numbers anyone can google...but your implication of those numbers into conclusions is almost always one sided, biased, and way off base and is really only there to say in as many ways as possible that you think TT sucks.

We get it...time for a new song already dude.

PS: We are averaging TWENTY NINE points per game since we fired the OC...29...let me say that again...29 and have only had one game under 25 in 6 games. So maybe, just maybe we have issues that dont just all stem from TT because DESPITE missing so many weapons we sill continue to score..and with a NEW OC to boot.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Then you need to move on. You cannot win long term with someone so limited from the pocket. That is proven

Agreed but there is no way Whaley and Rex will move on from Tyrod. They would both have to admit they were wrong about him. Never gonna happen. Hell, Whaley still won't admit he was wrong about EJ. Tyrod will be here as long as Whaley and Rex are here. Sucks, but you can bank on it.

Actually you are completely and totally wrong...as usual. You see, there is watching the game and then reading stat sheets which can never accurately categorize each play as it happens. Your stat sheet doesn't show WR's running a bad route. Your stat sheets don't show WR's running a wrong route. Your stat sheets don't show the lack of effort to catch a ball by the receiver. Your stat sheets dont show the receiver poor effort on a play. Your stat sheet doesn't show Woods laying on the ground. Your stat sheet doesn't show the scrubs playing WR. Your stat sheet dont show our guys not getting separation. Your stat sheet doesn't reflect the secondary weapon of our QB which is to also make plays with his legs.

But when you WATCH the game and you watch a guy like Clay completely dog a route and then not be where he should be if he ran a crips and urgent route then you know its not all on TT. When you watch Goodwin jog on a go route so bad that he is over thrown by 10 yards for a pic then you know its not all on TT. When you watch woods lose his footing on a simple route and the ball is delivered where he SHOULD have been if he wasnt such a cluts then you know its not all on TT. When you watch Hunter go one way and the ball go the other way you know there is clearly a miscommunication between the two, not just a bad pass.

I could go on and on...but you see there is understanding football, understanding the symphony that happens on every single play between the OL, QB, route runners, motion, cuts, the defensive pass rush, the coverage, etc...that impacts the totality of the game on a play by play basis. Where the overall personnel on the field, the play call, the play development, the weather, the game situation, etc etc all factor into the effectiveness of the play.

You on the other hand want to cherry pick stats week in and week out while ignoring all other game factors to sell a single biased agenda to prove TT is the sole problem. So spare me the BS...you want to talk football then talk football. The jig is up on your agenda and constant BS of your mirage of analysis which is almost always off base. You like to throw out numbers to somehow show you know something, numbers anyone can google...but your implication of those numbers into conclusions is almost always one sided, biased, and way off base and is really only there to say in as many ways as possible that you think TT sucks.

We get it...time for a new song already dude.

PS: We are averaging TWENTY NINE points per game since we fired the OC...29...let me say that again...29 and have only had one game under 25 in 6 games. So maybe, just maybe we have issues that dont just all stem from TT because DESPITE missing so many weapons we sill continue to score..and with a NEW OC to boot.

Again it is a TOOL. And again once again shows drops are not a problem and they havent been a problem no matter how much Bills fans want to use it as an excuse. All these people that compile stats are wasting thier time becuase they miss the "Symphony". They should stop doing it, teams shouldnt care about them either even though they have departments to look at this stuff. lol.

Agreed but there is no way Whaley and Rex will move on from Tyrod. They would both have to admit they were wrong about him. Never gonna happen. Hell, Whaley still won't admit he was wrong about EJ. Tyrod will be here as long as Whaley and Rex are here. Sucks, but you can bank on it.

Then Bills will continue to miss the playoffs.. he improves dramtically, or Bills move on or Playoffless streak continues bank on it Edited by MAJBobby