Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

Brady HOF  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't think Marc was a great Coach?

No I don't think he was a great coach.

He had a great collection of talent but just looking at who he lost to in the SBs would you rank Marv over Parcells, Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson? I don't think he was a terrible coach by any means but I don't think he is in the pantheon of great coaches in the league. I love Marv but even in his era I don't think he was a top 5 coach. Shula, Parcells, Gibbs, BIll Parcells, and George Seifert all go in front of him. He is on the Schottenheimer level of very good coach but not great imo.

He's won 4 Super Bowls, played in 6, been to 11 Pro Bowls, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 4th all-time in passing yards, 4th all-time in TDs, 3rd all-time in wins, and has the highest winning percentage of anyone with at least 50 wins. Other than that he's just like Alex Smith.

:lol: ... 28 games with 25 wins against Buffalo :cry: .63.77% with 7001 yards passing, 62 TD's vs 20 INT's and a QB rating of 100.02 :bag:

Should the Patriots win the SB this year he will have more SB wins than any other NFL QB.

That's a disingenuous argument and you know it; teams can't always control the circumstance of what record will get you in the playoffs. 2008 was an unusual year.

That said, 11-5 plus 3-1 this year is a 70% win pct (vs Brady's 77%) so you are correct that there is a difference. Plus Brady usually plays his best in big moments and that's hard to quantify with stats but it's part of what sets him apart.

Well there were no Pats* fans pre-Brady so you can understand his mistake.

Its a fact though. They missed the playoffs the year he missed.

And no, there were no Pats fans then. I lived in Boston from '99-'03 so I was there for the change. NO ONE CARED pre-Brady.

Its a fact though. They missed the playoffs the year he missed.

And no, there were no Pats fans then. I lived in Boston from '99-'03 so I was there for the change. NO ONE CARED pre-Brady.

They have sold out every home game since 1996. You may been in Boston, but you must have missed Foxboro. Lol 😆

They have sold out every home game since 1996. You may been in Boston, but you must have missed Foxboro. Lol 😆

I was amongst nothing but those diehards that would check in on the score at halftime. I sat at that dump where they used to play in 2000 for a game against the Bengals. There were about 30,000 people there.

Sellouts are the stupidest stat in sports. They are manufactured and not regulated. I spent 8 years of my career printing off tickets, scanning them in, throwing them out and calling it a sellout. I'm not impressed.

I was amongst nothing but those diehards that would check in on the score at halftime. I sat at that dump where they used to play in 2000 for a game against the Bengals. There were about 30,000 people there.

Sellouts are the stupidest stat in sports. They are manufactured and not regulated. I spent 8 years of my career printing off tickets, scanning them in, throwing them out and calling it a sellout. I'm not impressed.

TREE KILLER!

My dad been a season ticket holder since 1970, and yes the old Sullivan Stadium was a dump. But I clearly remember the place being packed when I was there every year since Tuna showed up. It did go down with Pete Carrol as coach as the team got progressively worse. But nothing like the year we got the #1 overall draft pick I think it was my dad and me and 10 other people who were pats fans at the game.

No I don't think he was a great coach.

He had a great collection of talent but just looking at who he lost to in the SBs would you rank Marv over Parcells, Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson? I don't think he was a terrible coach by any means but I don't think he is in the pantheon of great coaches in the league. I love Marv but even in his era I don't think he was a top 5 coach. Shula, Parcells, Gibbs, BIll Parcells, and George Seifert all go in front of him. He is on the Schottenheimer level of very good coach but not great imo.

George Seifert inherited a great team built by Bill Walsh with Rice, Montana and Steve Young already on the team. Plus, he had Mike Holmgren as OC from the Walsh days and he stayed until 1991. Then it was Mike Shanahan who ran the offense. Seifert coached the 49ers for 8 years as HC but it wasn't his offensive system, scheme.

To me, it's like saying Barry Switzer is a top 5 NFL HC and I'll tell ya why. He went on to coach the Carolina Panthers from 1999-2001 and their record was 8-8, 7-9, 1-5 and he was done.

My dad been a season ticket holder since 1970, and yes the old Sullivan Stadium was a dump. But I clearly remember the place being packed when I was there every year since Tuna showed up. It did go down with Pete Carrol as coach as the team got progressively worse. But nothing like the year we got the #1 overall draft pick I think it was my dad and me and 10 other people who were pats fans at the game.

I know that you are, and have been, a good fan. You are more the exception than the rule. I have a few friends that are in a similar situation. By NFL standards though the Patriots fan base has historically been at the bottom of the league. It's odd because Red Sox fans are right near the top (coming from a Yankees fan).

I know that you are, and have been, a good fan. You are more the exception than the rule. I have a few friends that are in a similar situation. By NFL standards though the Patriots fan base has historically been at the bottom of the league. It's odd because Red Sox fans are right near the top (coming from a Yankees fan).

I see your point be interesting see how, if at all it changes when the Pats get bad. To be fair we don't know how anyone under 30 will act.

And if you think Res Sox fans are Rabid, us Bruins fans are even worse... (I love the B's) sigh but next year I have decide which season tickets to keep between the Bs and Pats.. (cost me almost 15k for both can't afford it anymore with kids going to private schools next year sigh)

George Seifert inherited a great team built by Bill Walsh with Rice, Montana and Steve Young already on the team. Plus, he had Mike Holmgren as OC from the Walsh days and he stayed until 1991. Then it was Mike Shanahan who ran the offense. Seifert coached the 49ers for 8 years as HC but it wasn't his offensive system, scheme.

To me, it's like saying Barry Switzer is a top 5 NFL HC and I'll tell ya why. He went on to coach the Carolina Panthers from 1999-2001 and their record was 8-8, 7-9, 1-5 and he was done.

Even removing Seifert still places him at #5 just for his era before the discussion of guys like Dan Reeves or Marty Schottenheimer or Mike Ditka or Jim Mora. If one was inclined to make a list of the top coaches of all time I think Marv would have a hard time cracking the top 20-25.

However to knock Seifert based on Holmgren and Shanahan is something I won't agree with. Yes he did inherit a great team and had a great coaching staff but that can't be a knock on someone. Who is to say Holmgren and Shanahan (also not a great coach - rode Elway's coat tails imo) are as successful as they were without Seifert's teaching them? Does Marv get credit for Ted Marchibroda and Jim Kelly who ran the Bills offense? I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole as I love Marv and all he did for the Bills I just don't view him as a great coach.