OT - Tsunami photos found

Golden Wheels

It takes a certain amount of heroism - or ignorance, or both - to stand on the beach and take pictures of the wave that's going to kill you...

251415[/snapback]

I found it interesting in the article that the surviving family concludes that the couple knew they were going to die.

However, in most of the videos that I have watched from tourists. There is first this "hey look at the big wave" thing and then incredulity as the power of the wave hits. Most of these videos were by people on upper floors of hotels.

In retrospect, it is easy to conclude what the waves would do, but my guess is that everyone underestimated it as it approached shore.

You know what freaks me out themost

Is that in many of these pictures the waves never look that big, especially in the distance, but the force they bring and amount of water they force upon the shores is so devastating.

None of the people in most of the shots seemed very concerned about the wave coming at them, then the water keeps coming and before anyone knows it there's a lot more to be concerned about, and then what appears to be the moment of realization.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/200.../2002188307.jpg

This is the 1st picture where the wave hitting the shore actually looks tremendous, but in most other shots and video it just seems like a bigger then normal wave that just doesn't stop rolling.

You know what freaks me out themost

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/200.../2002188307.jpg

This is the 1st picture where the wave hitting the shore actually looks tremendous, but in most other shots and video it just seems like a bigger then normal wave that just doesn't stop rolling.

251464[/snapback]

That is also the one that did it for me. It's hard to tell where the wave stops and the sky starts. If that white frothy stuff is water not clouds, holy crap. :blush:

Is that in many of these pictures the waves never look that big, especially in the distance, but the force they bring and amount of water they force upon the shores is so devastating.

251464[/snapback]

It really isn't that amazing if your kid has ever dumped a gallon of milk on the kitchen floor. ;)

Please, oh please, oh please, explain what that post was trying to say if you were not lamely trying for sick humor.

251533[/snapback]

OK, Bud

Let me spell it out for you.

People who go on cruises to places like the Bahamas are idiots. These places are THE THIRD WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Venture out into the areas outside the tourist areas. If you are not robbed and killed first, you will see people living in plywood shacks with no indoor plumbing. Not only should you feel guilty about taking advantage of these people, but you should keep this in mind; IF THEY HAVE NO INDOOR PLUMBING THEY ARE NOT CLEAN, YET THEY ARE HANDLING YOUR FOOD.

So have fun, Parotheads.

OK, Bud

People who go on cruises to places like the Bahamas are idiots.  These places are THE THIRD WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Venture out into the areas outside the tourist areas. If you are not robbed and killed first, you will see people living in plywood shacks with no indoor plumbing. Not only should you feel guilty about taking advantage of these people, but you should keep this in mind; IF THEY HAVE NO INDOOR PLUMBING THEY ARE NOT CLEAN, YET THEY ARE HANDLING YOUR FOOD.

So have fun, Parotheads.

251890[/snapback]

Wow. There you go. I thought he was just trying to be provocative and goad me. But, my God, I believe he may be serious. Should we tell him that people that are handling food in "nice, safe" places like Disney World may be from these these same evil THIRD WORLD countries.

I love Bills fans but I occasionally sit near some that I am totally embarassed about. Now, I know some of them show up here.

OK, Bud

People who go on cruises to places like the Bahamas are idiots.  These places are THE  :devil: THIRD WORLD!!!!!!!!!

So have fun, Parotheads.

251890[/snapback]

i have no earthly idea what the point of this post might be. whatever it is, it can't be good. :lol:

I found it interesting in the article that the surviving family concludes that the couple knew they were going to die.

However, in most of the videos that I have watched from tourists.  There is first this "hey look at the big wave" thing and then incredulity as the power of the wave hits.  Most of these videos were by people on upper floors of hotels.

In retrospect, it is easy to conclude what the waves would do, but my guess is that everyone underestimated it as it approached shore.

251438[/snapback]

I certainly don't believe they knew THEY were in trouble until it was practically upon them. It wasn't like a 50 ft tall wave, you see waves the height of the tsunami wave photographed all the time. It was the depth of the wave and that couldn't be seen from the distance.

Wow.  There you go.  I thought he was just trying to be provocative and goad me.  But, my God, I believe he may be serious.  Should we tell him that people that are handling food in "nice, safe" places like Disney World may be from these these same evil THIRD WORLD countries.

I love Bills fans but I occasionally sit near some that I am totally embarassed about.  Now, I know some of them show up here.

252288[/snapback]

Disney World???

Well I don;t care much for Florida scum either, but at least those people have the OPPORTUNITY to wsh themselves.

Could you imagine the crust in the crotches of those Third World Bahama and Jamaica types who serve and cook your food/ Who care if they wear a bow tie.

No running water in third world counties equals disease

Disney World???

Well I don;t care much for Florida scum either, but at least those people have the OPPORTUNITY to wsh themselves.

Could you imagine the crust in the crotches of those Third World Bahama and Jamaica types who serve and cook your food/ Who care if they wear a bow tie.

No running water in third world counties equals disease

252351[/snapback]

At least they don't lie around in their own sh it like swine do.